Pages:
Author

Topic: Do the name affect to the price??? - page 2. (Read 648 times)

Activity: 317
Merit: 104
Bounty manager
November 25, 2017, 01:32:24 AM
From what I've seen so far, Bitcoinnect and BitcoinCash have high price on market. I've just wonder what if these project had different name, i mean without "Bitcoin" inside, then people will know these coin? will these coin have today's price?
If yes, maybe it's a chance for EthereumClassic(ETC) now? because ETH raise so fast, people-who miss the ETH train will see some hope in this coin with "Ethereum" inside the name??? Now price on coinmarketcap is $18.5

Name does help.

For example, i would rather own "monero" than "bitmonero" or "omni" instead of "mastercoin". However, i don't think that reusing bitcoin's name really makes a coin any more special. Naming would probably account for around 10% of the coin, with the rest being development and community.

These coins you've mentioned are all forks of bitcoin/ethereum. Thees have value mainly because of the people behind these projects.

I also observe that their are many redicoulous ICO's and even tokens. But sometimes their are bad names but ends up being successful whilst those that has good name ends up in nothing.
Activity: 476
Merit: 41
November 25, 2017, 01:30:31 AM
I would say yes, it can affect the price, but not significantly.
Some coins have absolutely terrible names that make it sound like a joke coin but it turns out it's legit, like insane token or unobtanium.
These ones are in no means great but they are legitimate projects albeit with very small communities surrounding them.

Then there are all the bitcoin forks and their silly names: bitcoin cash, gold, silver, diamond, red, yellow, blue, rainbows and unicorns or whatever.
I think these definitely work against them, no one takes them seriously because they are just wannabe bitcoins.

Then there's ones where the dumb name doesn't seem to affect it at all.
Like Ethereum.  I mean, it seems normal now but at first I though that was such a pretentious stupid name.

But in the end, it is really the use, success of the project, and supply and demand of the marketplace that are the biggest factors in determining price.
Activity: 299
Merit: 15
November 25, 2017, 01:27:09 AM
The name can really affect prices, such as bitcoin cash, bitcoin diamonds, bitcoin gold, which capitalize on bitcoin's reputation to increase market capitalization, so the naming of a coin is also important.
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
November 25, 2017, 01:24:34 AM
No. It still depends on the project implementation and the conceptualization of the said project. It may have a little advantage but nonetheless, the way the project is handled and its reputation affects the price.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™
November 25, 2017, 01:18:27 AM
I think it does. Antshares was changed to NEO, and since then they are doing pretty good.
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
November 25, 2017, 01:05:04 AM
this is often the case with altcoin already successful in the market and this also has been accustomed to get praise from many users of this bitcointalk account.
but I think all those coins will not be like now if the bitcoin itself does not show up.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
November 25, 2017, 01:00:03 AM
the name is a great impact to the mind of everyone. not only to its vision or platflorm but also on what is the name of the coins. this is not applied only to coins but also from other companies who's adding an attractive word to their name and it builds the interests of those who will read it.
Activity: 840
Merit: 40
November 25, 2017, 12:59:48 AM
Name matters but it does not effect the price of the coin. Coin get price for its project and promoters.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
Distributed Credit Chain
November 25, 2017, 12:59:41 AM
If their names are not entrained with bitcoin, they may now say that their prices are zero. It is just like the celebrity effect that they have made profits and I condemn it.
Activity: 252
Merit: 102
November 25, 2017, 12:52:08 AM
Name effects, but not always. I have seen the tokens named similar to Bitcoin and ETHEREUM are getting more attraction by buyer and sellers.
Activity: 113
November 25, 2017, 12:51:29 AM
and I am convinced if the bitcoin is not there maybe altcoin also will not appear and there will be no digital currency.etherium is indeed uphill very fast and whether you will follow etherium to invest Huh
Activity: 56
November 25, 2017, 12:46:47 AM
Technically it doesnt affect the price, what affects the price is the background, the people behind it and the project they are promoting to the mainstream. If all of this are shit, Now the name affects the coin, sometimes there are coins with good names but shit project, and a little sum of investors invest to their project, some have bad names but very good project. The name doesnt matter if the project is good and will be profitable for the future, if its not, then it matters.
Activity: 36
November 25, 2017, 12:31:14 AM
may B. A very good suggestion for the investors by you. Name of the coin plays a major role in it's success
Activity: 952
Merit: 513
November 25, 2017, 12:19:10 AM
From what I've seen so far, Bitcoinnect and BitcoinCash have high price on market. I've just wonder what if these project had different name, i mean without "Bitcoin" inside, then people will know these coin? will these coin have today's price?
If yes, maybe it's a chance for EthereumClassic(ETC) now? because ETH raise so fast, people-who miss the ETH train will see some hope in this coin with "Ethereum" inside the name??? Now price on coinmarketcap is $18.5

Name does help.

For example, i would rather own "monero" than "bitmonero" or "omni" instead of "mastercoin". However, i don't think that reusing bitcoin's name really makes a coin any more special. Naming would probably account for around 10% of the coin, with the rest being development and community.

These coins you've mentioned are all forks of bitcoin/ethereum. Thees have value mainly because of the people behind these projects.
Merit: 100
November 25, 2017, 12:13:44 AM
I'm not sure his name will affect the price. The most important is the solution to solve the problem and also their roadmap, the market can also affect the price. I think the etc will go up like eth, but only up 20% - 30% of the current price, maybe up to $25.
Activity: 168
Merit: 47
November 25, 2017, 12:09:25 AM

I almost have the same thought with you but i dont make new topic.
I think the name affect to its price but only small percentage around 10% support.
And 90% is the quality of project make its price high.
Activity: 562
Merit: 251
ALCEDO
November 25, 2017, 12:08:29 AM
The name of the project does not directly affect the price, but it is also very important to choose a remarkable and memorable name that represents the project well. A right name is an important influence that brings you to the fore among hundreds of options. Than people then decide by looking at project details.
Merit: 251
November 25, 2017, 12:06:18 AM
The name can surely affect the price negatively.  Coins with profanity or offensive names will never be accepted by the public. 
Activity: 98
November 24, 2017, 11:53:10 PM
I also don't think that the name of the cryptocurrency can significantly affect the price. I think that the most important are advertising, currency development strategy and popularity. They will directly affect the price.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
November 24, 2017, 11:47:35 PM
I do not think name affects the price, it is concept and implementation of project that should reflect in the price. Having a name associated with well knows coins may only have a little advantage since many investor will look in to it wondering what it is about and how it is related to bitcoin/ethereum/dash etc.

i am thinking the same because i think its depend on how good the coins in the market and how strong the community with the dev and the team support the coins. beside that, investor factor is include in the coins so if there are a big investor then i think it will affect with the price and the price will be high too. but for some people, the name can give affect to the coin journey because sometimes the name can give a luck to the coins and they are believe about this.

That's interesting, I never thought that someone will consider certain coin name lucky and will name their coin accordingly.
Also having a silly name may affect attracting community. I personally do not invest in the coins with those kind of name. I think because of that I missed out on fuck token airdrop.
Pages:
Jump to: