Pages:
Author

Topic: DO WE NEED TO REGULATE ICOs? - page 10. (Read 24761 times)

Activity: 639
Merit: 18
January 16, 2019, 11:44:19 AM
Well i say yes! Currently there are so many projects with similar goals and visions and some of them even don't have the needed capacity and resources to see to the success of the project but yet still competes with the capable funds when funds are being raised. This has also increased the number of scam projects in the cryptospace and this is really tarnishing the image of crypto investment. Let's not forget that if men were angels there would be no need for laws. I am not talking of a Centralized Regulating Body but we can use the concept of masternodes and run a decentralized ICO regulating body. Let's explore all the possible ways of how we can actually curb this menace in the cryptospace.

I agree with you. indeed many ico projects with the same vision and mission but do not have a clear concept. we want someone to organize the ICO and not necessarily a new ICO to emerge that does not have a clear purpose and vision. so we can avoid ICO cheats.
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
January 16, 2019, 11:36:09 AM
Centralization or control is not something that is really encouraged in the crypto community however it has become very alarming the number of scam projects that are circulating through the crypto community. This has really dragged the name of crypto in mud for quite sometime and i believe it would be prudent to have some body regulating the influx of ICOs in the crypto community.
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
January 16, 2019, 11:28:43 AM
I support the majority opinion that, nevertheless, regulation should be carried out by community means, because otherwise there will be some kind of strange regulation that can forbid the participation of ordinary people in general.
Activity: 490
Merit: 101
January 16, 2019, 11:26:21 AM
ICO investments in the form that exists now will soon cease to be relevant and will die, regulation would help to reach a new stage of development
Activity: 518
Merit: 102
January 16, 2019, 10:00:28 AM
The need for an ICO regulation is growing every year because it is becoming increasingly difficult to recognize fraudsters. New mechanisms are needed to test all projects, as well as the people behind them.
Activity: 333
January 16, 2019, 05:13:01 AM
Yes, although many of them were opposed at the beginning, ICO has now abused it. If it is not regulated, it will lose all investors. This is not good for the cryptocurrency market. But now governments do not want to regulate ICO, which makes me very confused.
Activity: 1005
Merit: 500
January 16, 2019, 05:07:49 AM
There are too many ICO projects now. The pre-publication is very well-placed and full of hope, but after the end of crowdfunding, nothing is done at all. For example, the GOT project is too disappointing.
copper member
Activity: 224
Merit: 1
January 15, 2019, 03:10:50 PM
You are really on point. Too many ICO with similar objectives and even products. I can say the copying now is too much. There should be a body to regulate ICO and do proper checks before putting it out to the community.
Activity: 280
January 15, 2019, 02:54:27 PM
Definitely, need to be brought to regulation as soon as possible. To do so, it seems more logical as if to do with small arrangements rather than very large criteria.
Activity: 938
Merit: 159
January 15, 2019, 02:47:23 PM

from my point of view of a bounty hunter i think would be more negative than positive aspects,i want to be able to participate in the icos without having to do kyc and without give my documents to unknown people...
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028
January 15, 2019, 02:41:37 PM
There are ton of new ICO that will be difficult for our government to being regulate except they made global regulation against crypto.
IMO, it's important in order to control and monitor their progress but in the other side, it will break crypto decentralized padarigm !

Yes, this is currently the only way to change ICO.

I think for see it happen, it require some time in the future !
Activity: 672
January 15, 2019, 02:38:34 PM
All possible regulation of cryptocurrency can lead us to big problems, because the time will come to verify people. Therefore, cryptocurrencies can really be a reserve sector where finances can be independent of external forces.
Activity: 602
January 12, 2019, 09:24:56 AM
The answer is of course YES, but the regulator should not be a government agency. Because it is the government structures that are interested in the fact that there really are no cryptocurrencies and nothing has changed.
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
January 12, 2019, 09:05:11 AM
Now many ICO fails and there are also many ICO frauds. And this is done by those who just want to profit without doing anything. So this ICO really needs to be regulated, so that all negative things can certainly be lost.
Well, I think soon the sec will take on projects that have collected millions and disappeared, as there should be responsibility and no one is responsible for it , I think that by 2020 can already track something in the projects
Activity: 658
Merit: 102
January 12, 2019, 04:52:39 AM
Unfortunately there has to be some regulation which is too bad since everyone pictured crypto to be decentralised, without any government involvement when things are running smoothly but when something bad happens,  like community gets scammed by certain ICO, then we all expect government to jump in and punish the scammers.
Activity: 335
January 12, 2019, 04:48:43 AM
Yes, this is currently the only way to change ICO. The latest way in ieo, in Korea and at the beginning, this may be supported in the future. But this requires a long period of growth, and the future may change the cryptocurrency market.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 251
January 12, 2019, 04:47:28 AM
Now many ICO fails and there are also many ICO frauds. And this is done by those who just want to profit without doing anything. So this ICO really needs to be regulated, so that all negative things can certainly be lost.

I am agree, many people losing trust in cryptomarket because many scam ICOs happen. If ICOs regulated by authorities, i think it will good for market and creating good investment climate. Regulation will makes developers responsible with their project and with their investor. Investor must be more calm and relax if ICOs regulated
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
January 12, 2019, 03:42:29 AM
Activity: 700
January 11, 2019, 08:14:25 PM
Well i say yes! Currently there are so many projects with similar goals and visions and some of them even don't have the needed capacity and resources to see to the success of the project but yet still competes with the capable funds when funds are being raised. This has also increased the number of scam projects in the cryptospace and this is really tarnishing the image of crypto investment. Let's not forget that if men were angels there would be no need for laws. I am not talking of a Centralized Regulating Body but we can use the concept of masternodes and run a decentralized ICO regulating body. Let's explore all the possible ways of how we can actually curb this menace in the cryptospace.

I am agree that ICOs should need regulation. Many ICOs just want to raise money without a good responsibility on the project. If this is continue, people will think cryptocurrency is a scam market and no one will trust crypto again. If ICOs regulated, i am believe it will reducing scammer from market and crypto gaining trust from investor
Activity: 406
January 11, 2019, 07:36:29 PM
Definitely, we need regulations on ICOs. I vote for an " in house " solution, a decentralized and self regulated one.
Regulated market would attract much more investors, including institutional ones.
Pages:
Jump to: