Pages:
Author

Topic: DO WE NEED TO REGULATE ICOs? - page 3. (Read 24761 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 503
August 16, 2019, 06:35:50 PM
Well i say yes! Currently there are so many projects with similar goals and visions and some of them even don't have the needed capacity and resources to see to the success of the project but yet still competes with the capable funds when funds are being raised. This has also increased the number of scam projects in the cryptospace and this is really tarnishing the image of crypto investment. Let's not forget that if men were angels there would be no need for laws. I am not talking of a Centralized Regulating Body but we can use the concept of masternodes and run a decentralized ICO regulating body. Let's explore all the possible ways of how we can actually curb this menace in the cryptospace.
I believe that it is ICO that is most in need of regulation. In general, I'm opposed to the regulation of cryptocurrencies. But the reality is that it is at the ICO stage that the main cases of fraud occur. And if a person’s first acquaintance with cryptocurrencies occurs through a fraudulent ICO, then this has very unpleasant consequences for both the person and the future cryptocurrencies as a whole.
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
August 16, 2019, 06:23:41 PM
Regulation is very important so far as ICO's are concerned, and many are moving away from ICO project due  to the possibility of being scammed by ICO projects. Many are now interested in IEO's more than ICO's because ICO's are not regulated. Only regulation alone can help in the rise of ICO's again because regulation comes along with confidence for the investor. ICO's truly need to be regulated.
Activity: 238
Merit: 3
August 16, 2019, 04:03:19 PM
We dont need to regulate ICO anymore.
What we should do is to stay away from it as many group pf projects are just doing scam and we have no assurance on our sides.
What we need to have is the IEO, and it should be regulated and get better.

I also agree that we do not to regulate ICO, but far too many people get scammed and dupe because of lack of regulation, staying away from ICO is more probable solution to avoid getting scammed, Regulation will help stop scam ICOs.
Activity: 672
Merit: 1
August 16, 2019, 04:00:59 PM
Regulation is a fantastic idea not just because of too many projects with contiguous objects and goals but because of the avalanche of scams that have been going on within the crypto-currencies ecosystem . All options should be explored and exploited
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
August 16, 2019, 03:59:30 PM
Once I thought crypto doesn't need regulation, Crypto's nature is decentralization so it should remain decentralized. But after seeing a lot of scam ICOs, Now I think ICO projects needs regulation. Personally, I will not invest any more in ICO if they don't have regulations. And I know a lot of people make the same decision because no one wants to take more risks in this bear market. To avoid scam, ICO should be regulated.

If there is no law, innocent people get hurt. Offenders run free. That's why regulations are needed to protect the investor. However, the right regulation should not be biased. Many regulations in the financial world are stifling new startups. This created an oligarchy by the banking sector.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 453
August 16, 2019, 03:58:32 PM
We dont need to regulate ICO anymore.
What we should do is to stay away from it as many group pf projects are just doing scam and we have no assurance on our sides.
What we need to have is the IEO, and it should be regulated and get better.
Activity: 529
Merit: 101
August 16, 2019, 03:52:59 PM
Once I thought crypto doesn't need regulation, Crypto's nature is decentralization so it should remain decentralized. But after seeing a lot of scam ICOs, Now I think ICO projects needs regulation. Personally, I will not invest any more in ICO if they don't have regulations. And I know a lot of people make the same decision because no one wants to take more risks in this bear market. To avoid scam, ICO should be regulated.
Activity: 672
Merit: 12
April 19, 2019, 07:53:09 AM
In my opinion you need to do away with the idea of regulation of cryptocurrency and ICO. Cryptocurrencies should be free from any regulation, the market itself will be able to get rid of scams and support only really working projects that benefit people.
and how to protect gullible people from scams and liars? I agree with the concept that the cryptocurrency should be more liberal and even an anarchist than everything else in this world, but there must be some leverage to protect your investment from fraud.
Activity: 780
Merit: 101
April 19, 2019, 06:40:18 AM
In my opinion you need to do away with the idea of regulation of cryptocurrency and ICO. Cryptocurrencies should be free from any regulation, the market itself will be able to get rid of scams and support only really working projects that benefit people.
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
www.thegeomadao.com
April 07, 2019, 05:11:53 AM
Cryptocurrency has become like a fashion. Everybody wants to involve in cryptocurrency and make money and get riches overnight. But I think more than this is cryptocurrency which has been introduced to this world with the motive to change the lives of the general people. But some opportunistic are taking it the wrong way and trying to mess it. Regulations are the only want to curb it.
copper member
Activity: 714
Merit: 5
April 07, 2019, 05:01:59 AM
We should have stricter regulations on ICO, which will help reduce fraud projects.
Activity: 684
Merit: 10
April 07, 2019, 04:56:18 AM
It seems to me the ICO market is coming to an end, right now it is very difficult to find an interesting project. At conferences or exhibitions you won't find the stand of a new ICO project. I think there is no need for regulation anymore.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 453
April 07, 2019, 04:28:26 AM
For me its a yes! ICO should be regulated and well manage or diocumented.
There are so many scam project launched in this community, we should stop those as investors are getting afraid of investing their money even it is a good project.
Activity: 854
Merit: 104
April 07, 2019, 03:31:01 AM
Regulation of ICO activities is a must. Without the regulation of the ICO projects by the states, the activities of the ICO simply cannot be revived. Only government agencies will be able to effectively deal with fraud in ICO projects, protect the rights of investors and bounty hunters and deal with the KYC verification, which is now arbitrarily carried out by ICO teams.
Regulation of the activities of ICO needed to be introduced a few years ago; now we would not have such a pitiful result in this type of activity.
Activity: 196
April 06, 2019, 01:28:22 PM
It seems to me that regulation will not make these projects better. But it seems to me that this will hinder the development of this industry. That is why I am against state regulation of cryptocurrency.
Of course, regulators will not influence the quality of projects and will not work better, but over time, ICO will only have working projects, and ICO will rarely have non-working projects if there is regulation in this area.
Activity: 840
Merit: 100
April 06, 2019, 12:40:46 PM
It seems to me that regulation will not make these projects better. But it seems to me that this will hinder the development of this industry. That is why I am against state regulation of cryptocurrency.
Activity: 574
Merit: 251
April 06, 2019, 12:30:26 PM
With the sound of it should not be but with the current state of the market, it should be. Scam ICOs all around. Almost all ICOs are made by people who really have the intention of scamming people. Why did I say this? Basically, anyone could able to start their own ICOs, this is a fact with just a couple of dollars and you'll have your own team and your own whitepaper stating about your coin.
Activity: 546
Merit: 4
April 06, 2019, 12:24:44 PM
With recent events regarding crowdfunding especially ieos
Ico really need to step up to stand a chance of survival

If there will be regulations of icos,
Who will regulate it ?
Who will be behind the regulations ??
Activity: 336
April 06, 2019, 12:16:21 PM
Absolutely yes, we do need ICO regulation and I recommend centralized regulation to curb all form of scams in the Crypto space, there should be standard for every icos which will foster quality valuable ICO. Some icos do whatever that suits them and the investors and bounty hunters are at the receiving end of their both actions and inactions
Activity: 350
Merit: 12
April 06, 2019, 12:13:55 PM
The scope of the ICO really needs reasonable regulation in order to protect investors from unscrupulous companies and all sorts of scammers. This is in "reasonable". Without proper regulation, the risk of losing investment is high. After the legislative base is established, the number of ICOs will decrease, but their quality will increase significantly.
Pages:
Jump to: