Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you agree market behavior has changed? - page 5. (Read 702 times)

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208
Once a man, twice a child!
To start with, there's no way everyone who uses the same indicators will be basing them on the same timeframe at the same time. If someone is viewing a particular indicator on 30 minutes and another is viewing it on a daily TF, it's obvious the readings won't be the same. One timeframe may be indicating a buy while the other a sell. So, invariably, what that will mean is that various traders will be taking divergent positions on the same pair at the same time. That's why we get to see traders going left while some go right at the same time.

About market behaviour in recent time, I think most people are beginning to maintain a bullish outlook on Bitcoin because of the prevalent happenings around it.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 605
the amount of time they spent for checking the indicators are different and the way people react when the indicators have reached certain conditions are different for some people, so the way people thinking is different depending on how they setup their indicators for their own need. They usually have tweaked some of the indicators to make it better.
Every person has a different time to understand what they are looking at. Some people may look at a chart and know what they are looking at and sees what they need to see in 10 seconds, whereas some other person can look at the exact same chart and could maybe take a whole day to make a decision.

It's sad that I am the second type of person who takes days to see what I need to see, at which time sometimes even the results and the chart changes and I need to redo the whole thing again Cheesy. But, great traders and not so great ones will always have a bit of a difference between each other and this is one of them.
Activity: 966
Merit: 421
Bitcoindata.science
All technical indicators convey the same message. The only analysis that can possibly counter a technical indicator is a fundamental news. So far we have had series of bitcoin adoption but yet the market still seems stagnant We have still had lots of crypto bans and still the prices fails to fall further. I will just say at this point it's best to wait for a break out before expecting anything new
Activity: 2814
Merit: 526
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

There are many tools and indicators all traders use to predict the market and buy and sell assets! When most people use the same tools , there is no more competitive advantage between them and everyone one will act the same! They receive the same signal and same prediction!
Yes they do have that. BUT. the amount of time they spent for checking the indicators are different and the way people react when the indicators have reached certain conditions are different for some people, so the way people thinking is different depending on how they setup their indicators for their own need. They usually have tweaked some of the indicators to make it better.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

There are many tools and indicators all traders use to predict the market and buy and sell assets! When most people use the same tools , there is no more competitive advantage between them and everyone one will act the same! They receive the same signal and same prediction! Thus there is no contrast in the market technically , we believe the market is not running technically like before and we are expecting major changes , What do you Think?
That would only be true if every single trader was using the same indicators, time frame, money management skills, risk assessment and had the same innate skills when trading, something which is not possible at all, after all I have seen people making money with a strategy while other people lose money with the exact same strategy, so while what you are saying could be theoretically possible it is something almost impossible, so I do not agree with you and your assessment of the market conditions we are currently seeing.
Activity: 700
Merit: 102
It will not go the same way, the market is very volatile. There is no indicator we can rely on once for long trades. As time goes by, we have to update our trading strategy. Because we will not always receive the same signal. If we could use the same strategy for every trade, of course all traders would be rich. Because they never lose in a trade. In trading there are winners and losers, depending on our hard work in analyzing and our luck when the market is as expected.
rby
Activity: 742
Merit: 611
Brotherhood is love
Market behaviour has changed to a great level but with the pattern it changed many people will not know that it has changed especially the newbies in trading because the change is little in the behavioral and major in technical. Although the technical drives the behaviour.

There are many tools in the market today and many of these tools that are working are so much crowded and any tool that is over used because ineffective with time. A tool becomes so effective if a particular niche is using it.

If you are in the market years back, you will know that we have a different market and behaviour we are using now. The market was a win- win situation then before the institutional traders came into the market and changed many things.
Activity: 1918
Merit: 442
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

There are many tools and indicators all traders use to predict the market and buy and sell assets! When most people use the same tools , there is no more competitive advantage between them and everyone one will act the same! They receive the same signal and same prediction! Thus there is no contrast in the market technically , we believe the market is not running technically like before and we are expecting major changes , What do you Think?
Well those who believe on repeat itself on the bitcoin price will never happen. Every behavior on the market price will change and sometimes it will matter on the fundamental event that results in the price fluctuate. That is right, in protecting the price, don't forget the fundamental analysis not just the technical analysis. Because the market will follow sometimes fundamental trends and that is why it always has behavior changes.
However, sometimes creating a prediction will not always have an accurate result because we already know that the market is unpredictable.
Activity: 2464
Merit: 585
Thank you So Much for your kind attention and reply! I am talking about trading, for example daily trading. I agree there are gamblers in the market as well that just buy and sell sentimentally , but if you monitor the market since November again you will see there is not any clear trend and technically most of the indicators do not work properly! Maybe it is a war signal and the market predicted that , but it is an event not a trend, right?
There has been a bull run, which was as most of us expected. But as usual after a bull run the market would then go into becoming bearish. But, during this bearish times it doesn’t mean that the market would just keep going down, it still continues that same up and down movement, and that is after it has reached an all time high price and then has been corrected.

So, I don’t really get what you are trying to say by saying that there hasn’t been any particular trend, We have seen the bullish trend and now we are at the bearish trend. It’s just how the market has been working through the years. But it’s alright to see things differently though.
Activity: 798
Merit: 546
The market behavior is still the same but does behaves with a different historical data so it's left you to go back in time to determine which past years historical data it's trying to mimic or behave like because in Technical analysis history does not only repeat itself but it rhymes.
Activity: 783
Merit: 270
If you say market behavior, then there isn’t really anything that is changing about the market behavior, because it is always going to be the same movement that it has been making right from the beginning which is to go up and down or stay stable at some point. Unless what you are trying to talk about is the strategies that people are using to predict the movement of the market.

Strategies do change, sometimes the strategy that you are using to predict the market can sometimes not work as you expected to have worked out for you. Which is why you have to keep on updating yourself. That’s why you are being taught that there is no perfect strategy, you just have to keep working on yourself every time and knowing what is up to date.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 516
According to onchain analysis, a lot had changed and there may be a little divergence from previous cycle movement. Since 2019 the price movement had been different. we have series of accumulation and no end of the cycle accumulation like in 2018, and this follow with capitulation in short period from the accumulation. More than 60% bitcoin had been unmoved in the last 15 months which is unprecented after a bull market, also bitcoin on exchanges keep reducing and more tools in market analysis are failing.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
About the "competitive advantage".

Is there really a need to think that there's a competition in trading? Whether you and everyone uses the same techniques and indicators, it doesn't make sense to think that you're all competing. There's the advantage because you know what to do when you have those indicators but it's not needing to think about competitive advantage or whatsoever.

It doesn't really matter whether all of you uses the same style or not because there will always be the difference in trading indicators for all traders.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
Thank you so much !

Agree with you totally, We are spending lots of time coding pine script and python then evaluate different metrics and evaluate the market , our robots decide to sell or buy and then a false signal changes the game. Since there is no predictable trend , it was not like that before from 2017 till last November we had a predictable market but since November everything has changed, I just would like to know where we are going now?
Activity: 2506
Merit: 328

It was never been competitively advantage since from the start because market is really just totally unpredictable but somewhat i do have able to notice it out that technical indicators are gradually able

to bite unlike before where price could easily fucked up technical analysis no matter how good it is but now when years do pass by then it is really somewhat on the point that it do really follows
or it is really relevant on making out and you would able to notice that when you are an old trader which do make out some technicals comparing back into the past to the present.
Exactly , I am talking about same issue. Artificial Intelligence and algorithm trading make a same perspective for every one, this is what I am afraid of
Activity: 2310
Merit: 332
we believe the market is not running technically like before and we are expecting major changes , What do you Think?

Nothing has changed in the market itself . The only thing that has changed is the way you view the market from your perspective. Usually when we start making errors or mistakes in market or trade then we think that the market has changed but it has not. The indicators are still what they are, the charts still doing what they are doing. Rather we need some break to restrategize and make a come back.
This is still difficult to identify and can't be guaranteed 100% as most of the traders use multiple indicators or tools.
Another thing to consider is why we have stop-losses, which will be our savior if ever our technical analysis will invalidate.
Also, the fundamental part, is that such news or natural events can cause some market behavior, especially in just a short period of time.

Very good Point ! Stop-losses are our savior's ! When algorithms and robots trade for us we should always expect a flash crash!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_flash_crash

Not all traders work the same way, that's the reason why all traders aren't profitable always. Every trader has different strategies to make money. And not many traders use tools for trading as well. So I don't think market behavior changed. A lot of things related to the market, a lot of psychology works on the cryptocurrency market. So nothing changing except using the latest tools. Some traders just see the candles like me those don't use any tools. However, I can't say market behavior changed just for a few tools. There will be always losses and gainer.

Thank you but Consider a Navigation application , if most of the drivers use same navigation application , that application can cause traffic jams anytime.
If Most of the market, in particular robots and algorithms traders, use same sources for importing data and use same metrics to evaluate the market then the same will happen, we can not deny that , I am talking about majority of people , if it was not the reason how flash crash and short squeezes should happen?
it is true stop-losses are always our saviors but even stop-losses are not 100% secure! based on my experience.
Activity: 412
Merit: 10
In the case if traders are in a same way that they are predicting many of the coins that they will rise to a certain price and they also predict the price will fall to a certain price then they had already got some analyzing or critical point about that coin or whatever the coin they are predicting about may or may not be according to their prediction, so that is the point in these prediction strategies.
Activity: 1792
Merit: 871
Rollbit.com ⚔️Crypto Futures

There are many tools and indicators all traders use to predict the market and buy and sell assets! When most people use the same tools , there is no more competitive advantage between them and everyone one will act the same!
If everyone is using the same trading tools it actually shifts the advantage to the market makers who can easily manipulate the markets in such a way that will give these tools a buy or sell signal when in reality it's all manipulation to gift the whales/market makers cheap coins.

They receive the same signal and same prediction! Thus there is no contrast in the market technically , we believe the market is not running technically like before and we are expecting major changes , What do you Think?
Btw use of same trading tools by traders has no connection with competitive advantage as this race isn't among traders themselves but the markets.
Pages:
Jump to: