Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you agree that an employer should hire employees who are smarter than him? - page 5. (Read 616 times)

Activity: 2338
Merit: 757
I was listening to a YouTube video by a famous business man and he was saying that he prefers to hire employees who are smarter than him. Do you agree with this style of working? What are the possible intentions behind doing this? Isn't their fear that these smart employees can steal ideas from office or get client details and then start their own companies? What is your view regarding this?
That worker cannot be smart, otherwise he would have launched his own project and supervised it instead of working as a wage earner in projects owned by investors who are supposed to be less intelligent than him.
The owner of the project will look for smart workers, and I do not think he will compare his intelligence with their intelligence before assigning them. The man in the video probably wants to present a distinctive picture of his project and how he employs efficient and intelligent employees.
In the best cases, the intelligent person will be able to employ his skills without his employer noticing him because he will simply focus with him more fearing that his intelligence will lead him to actions that are in his personal interest and not in the interest of the work he was assigned to do .
Activity: 672
Merit: 855
Hiring smarter employees is always seen challenging to egocentric employers. With smarter peopl running your business you will have the ability to widen the business beyond your own ideas

It also lures more costumers to your services because you probably have the best in your companies.

With smarter employees around, the employer will Learn from their initiatives.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 5622
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
I was listening to a YouTube video by a famous business man and he was saying that he prefers to hire employees who are smarter than him. Do you agree with this style of working? What are the possible intentions behind doing this? Isn't their fear that these smart employees can steal ideas from office or get client details and then start their own companies? What is your view regarding this?

Life is not so linear. There isn't such thing as a smart number and people are like in a line over that.

People have different qualities and know about different subjects. Someone may be very smart in coding but an idiot when talking about finances or administration (like Sam from ftx) Nobody can be smart in everything.

So, a boss should always hire people who are smarter than him in various area where he is not or just doesn't have time
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1228
But you don't need to be too paranoid about this because you can still limit something that you think is important for your employees in your company or business. Your concern must be something very positive if you really have a good mindset in building business. I mean, you can give enough capital to your employees to open another business with the same idea which in the end is still within your control.

Your business model will determine how you can build this business to be more successful. If you are smart enough to take advantage of the odds then your money will really work for you. I've seen success with this kind of business model before, so I'm just saying.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 227
It depends on various facts though. What type business it is, how it runs and what are the required skills for the same?

I mean any business that is running successfully will always have two strong bonds: Employee and Employer. Now frankly speaking if you look at big organization then employer (owner themselves) would never know all of their employee except the higher managements who reports to them. However, they are always hired based on the job requirements and skill sets. It may not concern whether they are smarter than the employer or not smarter. All it matters is they are giving their 100% for the job they hired.

If we come down to small businesses whether they are start ups and small scales then it might have some direct impact. Lets say there is smart person whose part of such small business but he has no interest in running the business itself due to less funding's, his family conditions, or he might be just interested in using his smart work to do his work faithfully. So it may not be that much concerning.

However, a watch from employer is always needed in such cases.

Stealing ideas, making own establishments out of the experiments is something we can never hide or tell about anyone. However, an owner knows how difficult it is to create successful business. So it may happen they never be success though they have the ideas stolen.

What I am seeing here is, multiple scenario's based on multiple factors. Good or bad, mixed.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 106
Pages:
Jump to: