Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you agree with idea "Bitcoin bank" ? - page 52. (Read 142276 times)

Activity: 1050
Merit: 529
Student Coin
If the project what you mean an impact of good , what is wrong ? maybe it has been a piece of work those who want to extended . ~

Well, if "Bitcoin bank" gives the best effect for everyone, of course it is a good idea ..

But, in my view, if bitcoin bank exists. Course there will be those who will control it. By doing so, bitcoin is no longer anonimity.
I am agree with your point of view. I count the Internet where bitcoin is few as one global bank of bitcoins without any controller. I don't see it necessary to create special place to be a bitcoin bank.
The thing is  we are not looking for bitcoin bank anymore as we are satisfied with the exchanges and they can cater our needs. I do believe that there is nothing to chance when the current system is working perfectly, everything should be retain and we should not let our freedom to be taken away from us because of the possible measures a bitcoin bank would implement.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 514
If the project what you mean an impact of good , what is wrong ? maybe it has been a piece of work those who want to extended . ~

Well, if "Bitcoin bank" gives the best effect for everyone, of course it is a good idea ..

But, in my view, if bitcoin bank exists. Course there will be those who will control it. By doing so, bitcoin is no longer anonimity.
I am agree with your point of view. I count the Internet where bitcoin is few as one global bank of bitcoins without any controller. I don't see it necessary to create special place to be a bitcoin bank.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
no one will surely agree to this idea.. who would want that your coins will be controlled by the authority and put some taxes on it? no one right. bitcoin is freedom and not for any ones control. if we will have a bitcoin bank then a certain people will have control of our coins.

Yes, no one will agree to this idea because many are already treating their hardware and online wallets are their own banks. And besides, banks aren't going to simply adopt and make a bitcoin bank because they know that it is decentralized and it can make their business to fall because it doesn't have stable price.
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data
no one will surely agree to this idea.. who would want that your coins will be controlled by the authority and put some taxes on it? no one right. bitcoin is freedom and not for any ones control. if we will have a bitcoin bank then a certain people will have control of our coins.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 548
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange

If the impact experiencd is good then nothing to worry, but at the same if there something happens in the opposite way then we cannot stop it. In my view bitcoin Bank is needed, but it should not have central authority same as the present, else the peculiar feature of bitcoin mainly the decentralization will soon fades off.
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
Exactly, so I would not agree seeing a bitcoin bank that defeats the purpose of bitcoin. We want freedom and we can only have that when
bitcoin will continue to be purely decentralized. Banks will make it centralized and we will all be required to pass on the requirements like the documentation and everything to comply with the AMLC and prevent money laundering.

Services acting as Bitcoin bank don't go against the purpose of Bitcoin at all. It is nothing more than an optional service that you can use if you so wish. If you don't want to make use of it, then you don't have to. I think that's the pure definition of freedom, right? No one will be forcing you to make use of it. I personally wouldn't make use of such a service, but if others will do so, then why should that be a problem?

This has been discussed numerous times already

Obviously, people are looking in the wrong direction. They cry wolf when there is no wolf (and likely will never be) and keep silence when they should really shout out as loud as they can. They seem to be completely ignoring that we are already at the death bed, figuratively speaking. I refer to extreme centralization (or should I rather usurpation?) of mining power in a few hands. And that's the real problem. Are they ignorant or what? Right now Freebitco.in of faucet fame has started offering 4% annual interest on bitcoins held there, and I don't see that how that could potentially threaten Bitcoin (unlike the severe monopolization of mining which is already hurting Bitcoin)
Activity: 3052
Merit: 685
Exactly, so I would not agree seeing a bitcoin bank that defeats the purpose of bitcoin. We want freedom and we can only have that when
bitcoin will continue to be purely decentralized. Banks will make it centralized and we will all be required to pass on the requirements like the documentation and everything to comply with the AMLC and prevent money laundering.

Services acting as Bitcoin bank don't go against the purpose of Bitcoin at all. It is nothing more than an optional service that you can use if you so wish. If you don't want to make use of it, then you don't have to. I think that's the pure definition of freedom, right? No one will be forcing you to make use of it. I personally wouldn't make use of such a service, but if others will do so, then why should that be a problem?
I agree, it is upon on the person if he would like to use that service,. However, using bitcoin bank would be more convinient for every bitcoin holders to easily withdraw and deposit their money using fiat money to be converted into btc vice versa. If botcoin bank come, the market of bitcoin would certainly spread.
I don't have any problem with my local exchange now and honestly, it's fast as withdrawing in bank because I can do it only and withdraw cash to a designated ATM. I don't know what will change with the advent of Bitcoin Bank if so happen in the future but I'm pretty sure it will not be popular.

People would rather preserve their personal information and not entrust the bank on it, without a bank we can do away with taxes and we can freely spend our bitcoins without limitation as long as we are responsible in doing it.
Activity: 756
Merit: 257
Freshdice.com

I agree, it is upon on the person if he would like to use that service,. However, using bitcoin bank would be more convinient for every bitcoin holders to easily withdraw and deposit their money using fiat money to be converted into btc vice versa. If botcoin bank come, the market of bitcoin would certainly spread.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

Activity: 2926
Merit: 636

legendary
Bitcoin is too volatile in price to be used in a traditional banking institution. A loan valued at $2000 could be worth $1500 tomorrow morning or $500 the day after. Also there is a difference in how a bank and an exchange function and it's like comparing apples to oranges here. If banks issue Bitcoin debit and credit cards tied to the daily value it could work, but issuing coins outright not so much because there will be no control over the value in the future

In fact, devaluation of Bitcoin (what you basically refer to) is not that dangerous for banks if they loan bitcoins

Bitcoin banks (whatever may be meant by these) won't obviously loan money without collateral. So even if Bitcoin depreciates, the collateral will still retain its value, and they could create a host of financial instruments based on it. By far more dangerous event (for the bank) would be if Bitcoin actually appreciates (i.e. gains in value). In that case, the borrower might not want to return his loan at all, since he could easily buy what he pledged to the bank with his borrowed bitcoins and still have some bitcoins left
Activity: 630
Merit: 250

Activity: 1435
Merit: 250
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
I don't agree on idea of Bitcoin bank because it is against the nature and fundamental idea on what Bitcoin is working and was invented. Bitcoin is sign of freedom and decentralization where as any type of banking idea means again centralization and tough rules and regulations just like traditional ways. I will not use such services as long as will be possible to avoid them.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 651
Currently function of the bitcoin is already good, no need for a bank. If there is a bank, I think bitcoin function bitcoin equal to fiat money, I think it is not nice, bitcoin must be different with real money so no need to bitcoin bank.

More like Paypal. It is like an online bank for you to purchase what you want in the world wide web.
Lucky for Paypal they hit the spot of being used normally like a fiat also and the people got used to it.
Shops also agreed and made it as a payment method.
Why not bitcoin? Because we are not centralized? Because we are not using US dollar?
If you go through it somehow there is like power behind it.
While they dont even see how Paypal is robbing them.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Bitcoin is too volatile in price to be used in a traditional banking institution. A loan valued at $2000 could be worth $1500 tomorrow morning or $500 the day after. Also there is a difference in how a bank and an exchange function and it's like comparing apples to oranges here. If banks issue Bitcoin debit and credit cards tied to the daily value it could work, but issuing coins outright not so much because there will be no control over the value in the future.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Currently function of the bitcoin is already good, no need for a bank. If there is a bank, I think bitcoin function bitcoin equal to fiat money, I think it is not nice, bitcoin must be different with real money so no need to bitcoin bank.
legendary
Dangerous type of stuff.
Bitcoins aren't that dangerous but dealing with other peoples money is something that you shouldn't want to do unless you have experience or you have the money to backup whatever it is that you'll lose.
Bitcoins were built so that nobody could runaway with the money when banks collapse, when someone talks about making a Bitcoin bank -they might just be planning on running away with the money once they have enough people on board.

Unless the bank is something legit in the real world. Like having it registered and declared who owns it. A bitcoin bank will still beneficial to everyone as this could give rise to people having more services that can be useful to every user. For example, if there would be a bitcoin bank that will have ATMs all over the place that we can use to withdraw our money in fiat, or something like that.

Or maybe these "bitcoin banks" are just the same fiat banks that just adopted bitcoin. I can't picture out somebody spending that much money for establishments, ATMs, just to build bitcoin banks, not unless if bitcoin is already booming in business. If you create a bitcoin bank, it can't be just one bank. It has to be scattered around the country or even around the world. That's tons of money

This is not necessarily required

There are regular retail banks (i.e. banks which work with individuals accepting money to deposits and loaning it to borrowers) which don't have branches or offices (barring the major office). They issue both credit and debit payment cards, you can withdraw cash through ATMs of other banks (and don't pay fees at that), i.e. they basically offer all the services which banks having physical presence offer, while they can still be said to exist entirely in cyberspace. And this is with fiat money which involves cash transactions. With Bitcoin, which is purely digital, starting a banking business should be a lot easier

Even if the bank is registered and people know who owns it, if the bank gets robbed or something bad caused your bitcoins to disappear, then the bank can't actually do anything. They can't recover it anymore because hackers will surely distribute the bitcoins to different wallets and act as if a lot of people are transacting to each other just so they cannot be traced

There are certainly risks involved but if profits heavily outweigh these risks, banks will go for Bitcoin (provided they are allowed, of course)
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060
Dangerous type of stuff.
Bitcoins aren't that dangerous but dealing with other peoples money is something that you shouldn't want to do unless you have experience or you have the money to backup whatever it is that you'll lose.
Bitcoins were built so that nobody could runaway with the money when banks collapse, when someone talks about making a Bitcoin bank -they might just be planning on running away with the money once they have enough people on board.

Unless the bank is something legit in the real world. Like having it registered and declared who owns it. A bitcoin bank will still beneficial to everyone as this could give rise to people having more services that can be useful to every user. For example, if there would be a bitcoin bank that will have ATMs all over the place that we can use to withdraw our money in fiat, or something like that.

Or maybe these "bitcoin banks" are just the same fiat banks that just adopted bitcoin. I can't picture out somebody spending that much money for establishments, ATMs, just to build bitcoin banks, not unless if bitcoin is already booming in business. If you create a bitcoin bank, it can't be just one bank. It has to be scattered around the country or even around the world. That's tons of money.

Even if the bank is registered and people know who owns it, if the bank gets robbed or something bad caused your bitcoins to disappear, then the bank can't actually do anything. They can't recover it anymore because hackers will surely distribute the bitcoins to different wallets and act as if a lot of people are transacting to each other just so they cannot be traced.
Activity: 896
Merit: 514
Dangerous type of stuff.

Pages:
Jump to: