Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you believe stolen funds should be returned to their owner? - page 4. (Read 555 times)

Activity: 2184
Merit: 585
You own the pen
If possible stolen funds must be returned to their respective owners if they can still track its owners. Because these funds are earned by them it the hard way some people bought Crypto Currencies with all they have.

It is not a good idea to keep it to ourselves if we are some sort of authority because we know how hard to earn some cash these days. that's why if it's possible to return the stolen unds then return it.
Activity: 166
Merit: 16
Of course yes!
But I also believe that the correct method should be like this: find out who the thief is, then use $5 wrenches to beat him until he returns the funds.

Then who should be responsible for carrying out those operations mentioned above?

My answer is the one who is responsible for the funds which means if you keep the funds in your own wallet then it is youreslf, else if you keep the funds in exchanges, then it should be the exchanges.
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1279
Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph
Imagine being the person who got their money stolen. Wouldn't you want to get it back?

I don't expect it to be easy but if the hackers are caught and the money that they got from all the scamming that they are doing is recovered, wouldn't it be right to return them? Knowing cryptocurrencies and its irreversible transactions but it still could be tracked. Maybe from the owners themselves can sign a message saying that this is your wallet and got stolen. From that wallet, you could now follow the trail of the BTC. Proving the ownership, I guess.
copper member
Activity: 2324
Merit: 2142
Slots Enthusiast & Expert
The topic is different from what you have posted.
Yep, I agree with this. In the real world, stolen funds will be returned by the authorities. However, that was possible because the police could recover funds.

This becomes somewhat complicated with cryptocurrency because there is a possibility that the private key cannot be obtained. However, if waterboarding can recover the hacker's key, then they must return it.
Activity: 2422
Merit: 343
Base on simple morality, I'd agree that stolen funds should be returned to the owners. With the rate of thefts in the cryptosphere, security agencies would be interested in tracking these funds. Many crypto users do not like the idea of regulation - I don't too, but this is one of the problems regulation tend solve. We don't have to be nonchalant since we haven't lost any funds to these thefts.
I never think such morality exist by now. They steal our funds in a certain purposes and not by returning it over. We can't expect that we can have it back once it lost, nobody could do that.
In a particular reason why they stole our funds just because we let them to get it. How it sad, we can't get them cause of the anonymity we had in this community. We can only trace the transactions but not the person who make it.
Activity: 76
Merit: 4
Base on simple morality, I'd agree that stolen funds should be returned to the owners. With the rate of thefts in the cryptosphere, security agencies would be interested in tracking these funds. Many crypto users do not like the idea of regulation - I don't too, but this is one of the problems regulation tend solve. We don't have to be nonchalant since we haven't lost any funds to these thefts.
Activity: 236
Merit: 4
Over $4 billion has been stolen or laundered in the first six months of 2019! This interview with CipherTrace CEO Dave Jevans is really interesting regarding details of the lost and stolen funds.

I was surprised to see that ransomware and scams are some of the biggest points of money loss over exchange hacks.

Worth while interview to watch and join in the conversation of what should happen to stolen funds. Do you get them returned  or in a decentralized system are they lost forever?

https://blocktv.com/watch/2019-08-22/5d5ea9e847c19-scams-hacks-ransomware-run-amok-in-the-cryptosphere
Pages:
Jump to: