Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you believe the FBI holds the biggest number of bitcoin? - page 6. (Read 4173 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1097
Bounty Mngr & Article Writer https://goo.gl/p4Agsh
The biggest number of coins there must be at it's creator Satoshi Nakomoto. But if to be honest, nobody knows who is this holder who has over 1 mln. of coins. So, now we can create threads on the topic who it may be and discuss it nonstop. I suppose this fact will stay as the mystery till the person will uncover itself  Smiley
I don't think if ever there is one who have tons of btc will reveal their selves to anybody. I doubt if his too courageous enough to do such things knowing that it can attracts attacks or hackers on his account and will just lead into chaotic life due to people who envy him. He might reveal he knew btc and teach them how to use it but never how many he already have.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
The biggest number of coins there must be at it's creator Satoshi Nakomoto. But if to be honest, nobody knows who is this holder who has over 1 mln. of coins. So, now we can create threads on the topic who it may be and discuss it nonstop. I suppose this fact will stay as the mystery till the person will uncover itself  Smiley
Activity: 336
Merit: 252
Actually, the FBI most likely does hold the biggest number of Bitcoin. The US gov and all other govs would be unwise to at least get a piece of the pie before it hits $1,000,000... then good luck!
I don't think your reasoning behind your statement is backed by any proof, rather on assumptions I believe. Thee fbi have seized the silk road and BTC-E as of recently but I don't think they have the most bitcoin in their possession. The most of silk road got auctioned off. I think satoshi holds the most bitcoin  (and well deserved).
Activity: 114
Merit: 11
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
Do you believe the FBI holds the biggest number of bitcoin?

How would we know?  How certain are they?  We can't tell because nobody/no one would say how many bitcoins he/she has on his/her hands Tongue

Extremely unlikely. Not impossible, but still... just think, even if they sometimes did, why would they still hold it? Makes no sense. To make CIA jealous?  Grin

Maybe, because they want these coins?

After all, the FBI is essentially what is police in other countries at a federal level. But police is known for its venality as well as corruption, and I don't think the US federal police is an exception to this rule. Aside from that, they have a lot of undercover agents, whistle-blowers and similar outcasts who may need bitcoins (as well as other coins, for that matter) to use these coins in their nefarious activities (just like they need drugs, arms, prostitutes, and so on). Just recall about those FBI agents that took Silk Road bitcoins for themselves and think whether they don't really need Bitcoin? And they are the ones who got caught but how many of them got away with it?
Activity: 882
Merit: 403

How would we know?  How certain are they?  We can't tell because nobody/no one would say how many bitcoins he/she has on his/her hands Tongue

Actually i think that really is possible because they know they can't stop bitcoin's rise. So knowing the us, they always want to be ahead of anything. So they just might have gotten themselves some great amount of btc instead of doing all sorts of things and getting no reaults. Plus all the confiscated crypto currencies from all the big time illegal dealers that were caught, i think it's just fair to think of the possibility that this can really be true. That's just what i think though.
Ucy
Activity: 2576
Merit: 401
Anything is possible,nmy frien.  Don't let Anti-conspiracy theory people make you think you're crazy. It's OK to be paranoid.
The "Left eye" probably watching us always. You ask too much questions, your front cameras and microphones would be activated.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
I don't think that FBI holds the biggest number of bitcoins but they hold a big number of bitcoin for sure because they have a lot of intelligent people right there and having those people can do a lot of research about a person or the latest technologies that could possibly help them a lot like bitcoin which already gave them profits.

What you are telling is true to some extent but no one can confirm that whether they are holding or they have sold it or destroyed it. But it is true also that who ever is the highest holder he is some what related to the higher official.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027
Dump it!!!
As far as i know most confiscated bitcoins are usually auctioned but of course they still have some in their possession but not to the extent of being the top hodlers world over.
How would we know?
Biggest hodlers i disagree because they sell their bounties and how i know i have some news sources:
* http://www.businessinsider.com/bitcoin-price-government-auction-winners-2017-5
* https://www.coindesk.com/unknown-bidder-buys-1-6-million-bitcoin-us-government-auction/
  How certain are they?  We can't tell because nobody/no one would say how many bitcoins he/she has on his/her hands Tongue
We wont be able to tell because no body holds them accountable for their crypto raids
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
I don't think that FBI holds the biggest number of bitcoins but they hold a big number of bitcoin for sure because they have a lot of intelligent people right there and having those people can do a lot of research about a person or the latest technologies that could possibly help them a lot like bitcoin which already gave them profits.
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Blackjack.fun
Nope i dont belive that . In fact they are hunting it and trying to destroy the all network of blockchain
They just want like we to pay fees and to be dependent by a goverment

This is plain stupid. Have you heard of the FBI arresting somebody for running a bitcoin node?
And now you don't pay fees? Of course you pay, but to the minervent.

Actually, the FBI most likely does hold the biggest number of Bitcoin. The US gov and all other govs would be unwise to at least get a piece of the pie before it hits $1,000,000... then good luck!

No they don't.
And the FBI is not the government, this is not communist Russia where everything is run by the same person.
In reality the FBI has already sold at an auction the coins they have seized.

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
If I am not wrong, then they sold all of the coins which they got from Silk Road. But I guess, they are still in the custody of the coins, which they seized after the arrest of Alexander Vinnik. But they can't sell these coins immediately, as the BTC-e owners can claim that the crypto belong to their users. It won't be easy for the FBI to get the ownership of these coins.
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
Presale is live!
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

How would we know?  How certain are they?  We can't tell because nobody/no one would say how many bitcoins he/she has on his/her hands Tongue

Indeed, it seems the U.S Government now running the show Smiley
I don't think U.S will just sit back and watch the show rather jump in.
Bitcoin is spiking since January, the time President TRUMP took the office.  
I was curious though, I often ask myself who are the guys that are really pumping money in the bitcoin in the recent months, perhaps is .... Smiley
The first question we have to ask ourselves why did "Satoshi" left bitcoin??? Perhaps, the cowboys has taken over Grin
These are just my thoughts and nothing more.
Yes, no one can really tell if the “cowboys” are investing into the platform. They might have been doing so for a long time, but decides to do it secretly and let the world believe that they have nothing to do with it. Though some of us believes that Japan is the force behind the pump, while some sticks to North Korea being actual reason.
legendary
They certainly have some coins

But i don't think that the amount is very high, of course. They need some coins for their undercover agents. Remember when the Silk Road coins had been seized, some agents tries to hide a certain number of bitcoins for themselves? That was hilarious (that the SR case produced more lawsuits against FBI agents than against Silk Road itself). Anyway, Bitcoin is handy and useful instrument which the ABC agencies casually use in tracking down criminals. Or whom they think of as criminals (read Btc-e here)
That is a good point. They probably did buy some for investigations. And maybe some for training?
I stand corrected.  Smiley

That's sort of obvious

It would be more ironic if Bitcoin has been in fact created in some obscure NSA laboratory or stolen from there as is often the case recently (like it happened with, say, the WannaCry ransomware code). I guess they use everything that they can lay their hands on (drugs, weapons, forged documents, and whatnot), and this is what we should naturally expect from them. I'm curious how the Italian "FBI" gets inside the mafia since to get accepted you will have to shoot down a policeman?
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!

But i don't think that the amount is very high, of course. They need some coins for their undercover agents. Remember when the Silk Road coins had been seized, some agents tries to hide a certain number of bitcoins for themselves? That was hilarious (that the SR case produced more lawsuits against FBI agents than against Silk Road itself). Anyway, Bitcoin is handy and useful instrument which the ABC agencies casually use in tracking down criminals. Or whom they think of as criminals (read Btc-e here)
That is a good point. They probably did buy some for investigations. And maybe some for training?
I stand corrected.  Smiley
legendary
No. That does not sound right at all. One could figure out how many coins they hold as evidence. Of course they don't actually own them, they are in possession of them until the convictions are done. There have only been a handful of seizures and most of those have since been auctioned off by the Federal government, which does own them.

Bitcoin owned by the FBI = 0

But I don't think that the amount is very high, of course. They need some coins for their undercover agents anyway. Remember when the Silk Road coins had been seized, some agents tries to hide a certain number of bitcoins for themselves? That was hilarious (that the SR case produced more lawsuits against FBI agents than against Silk Road itself). Anyway, Bitcoin is handy and useful instrument which the ABC agencies casually use in tracking down criminals. Or who they think are criminals (read Btc-e here)
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
No. That does not sound right at all. One could figure out how many coins they hold as evidence. Of course they don't actually own them, they are in possession of them until the convictions are done. There have only been a handful of seizures and most of those have since been auctioned off by the Federal government, which does own them.

Bitcoin owned by the FBI = 0
Activity: 1190
Merit: 306
If you replace "the FBI" with "the Government" then yes, it is quite possible that government agencies learned about Bitcoin's potential in the past.
And since that time decided to buy a significant number of coins, just in case Bitcoin will become a real big thing in the future (when 1 BTC will be worth 1 million USD or more in next 20 years).
However, this whole discussion is nothing but one big conspiracy theory as there is no proof to back it up.

Yeah I'm sure the government owns a lot somehow.   I thought it was the secret service
that seized a bunch, but the fbi did too IIRC.  Wonder if the government is paying taxes on their
gains...lol.  But I still wonder who's got satoshi's coins.  I always suspected that was the gov't.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
I don't say that they would not want to have the biggest number of bitcoins. They had the silroad bitcoins, rumour said they had the bitcoins of Mtgox as well. Now maybe some btc-e.

But I would not panic about that possibility. Because this possibility is very slim. The Usa government is known for its incompetence. So I would say if they try to do something the opposite would take effect.

I would guess they have none of the btc - all sold during the 2014 bear market.
Pages:
Jump to: