Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you download illegally? - page 4. (Read 7286 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
September 26, 2014, 02:45:10 PM
Why ? Is it illegal to download a file from internet  Roll Eyes .... I've download some .iap and sometimes a couple of songs  .

tell us your file roster to determine if you should be jailed
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1043
#Free market
September 26, 2014, 02:28:36 PM
Why ? Is it illegal to download a file from internet  Roll Eyes .... I've download some .iap and sometimes a couple of songs  .
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
September 26, 2014, 02:25:18 PM
certainly.  especialy if it is Sheriff Arpaio's own book (just kidding i bought that on Amazon.com Smiley)
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
September 26, 2014, 10:03:17 AM
Nowadays who doesn't hehehe', music, movies, games, images, videos, although there is  some software worth to pay.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
September 25, 2014, 07:35:56 AM
I'm old fashioned lol i still buy cd's at the store.  Smiley
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
September 25, 2014, 07:33:04 AM
of course, why are published
Activity: 14
September 25, 2014, 02:58:49 AM
Sometimes, but most of the times I buy legit
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
September 24, 2014, 08:51:38 AM
I dont download ilegally but I watch online stream.
3x2
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004
September 24, 2014, 08:42:26 AM
Piratebay all the time, enough said.
Activity: 462
Merit: 251
September 24, 2014, 08:40:39 AM
I download things. People always lended and borrowed things, that's how libraries were created!
If someone wants to give me a file, book, game, whatever, it's not up to some government asshole to tell me whether I can take it or not.

Yeah, I once decided I wanted like $1000. So I walked into a store and took it out of the cash register. Fucking government assholes decided to tell me not to do that. I showed them though. I totally got away with it.

Fuck the government, fuck the store owner! Cause fuckers are telling me what I can and can't do.
What he said was: If someone wants to give me a file, book, game, whatever,

When you go to the store and take whatever you want without paying you're stealing. On the other hand when you go to a public library and take a book, is that stealing?
I remember borrowing games from my friends on cartridges>floppy's>CD's>DVD's and then simply downloading when the network allowed for that.
When you buy a book and somebody comes to you, sees it and wants to borrow, what do you do? Give them a lecture about copyright law?
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071
September 24, 2014, 07:13:12 AM
The problem is the store would go bankrupt, and then the bread producers would go bankrupt. And eventually, all the producers of the items sold in the store will go bankrupt.

As lepirate said, in that case, the model that the store is based on would be obsolete - as well as any other model that is based on handling bread as a finite resource. So, there would effectively be no reason for them to exist at that point. A good analogy here, I think, is what happened to the ice maker industry when confronted with electricity and refrigerators on the 19th/20th century.

But on broader terms, looking at your comparison of downloading content to piracy and stealing, it makes little sense and breaks down fairly quickly; not only because no goods are actually being removed from the market, but also because it assumes people would otherwise actually buy said goods, if they had no other choice (remember, these aren't bread/food/fundamental goods we're talking about here) - I for one don't often bother to download stuff from the net (well, movies and such), but I would most certainly not buy 99.9% of what I do download. Then the reverse of that is, when you download something (legally or otherwise) and find it to be so good that you then go and pay for an original copy (and you probably wouldn't even find/see it, if it wasn't freely available on the net first).
Activity: 541
Merit: 500
Garbochock
September 24, 2014, 05:08:16 AM
I download things. People always lended and borrowed things, that's how libraries were created!
If someone wants to give me a file, book, game, whatever, it's not up to some government asshole to tell me whether I can take it or not.

Yeah, I once decided I wanted like $1000. So I walked into a store and took it out of the cash register. Fucking government assholes decided to tell me not to do that. I showed them though. I totally got away with it.

Fuck the government, fuck the store owner! Cause fuckers are telling me what I can and can't do.
That's quite a difference, if you TAKE the cash, then the store loses it. However, if you could just make an EXACT REPLICA of them then, both you and the store would still have the money (in this case that would cause massive inflation though, and the money wouldn't be worth anything).
Actually, it'd be closer to me generating 50 extra bitcoins, now we have 21 million + 50 extra btc. I suppose your inflation analogy does work to an extent.

It devalues every other bitcoin out there, by a tiny amount. It's not a big deal when it's one person, but say it's a million people that do it. 21 million + 50 million has a massive effect on those who obtained their coins via legit means (not 'magically' hacking the blockchain).

Piracy is stealing either way you look at it. People who brag about stealing content should be ashamed. Sure, there IS a problem with distribution of digital content, but there's absolutely no reason to brag that you're stealing it all
Exactly - more money, less value.

Yeah, but the value of a mp3 doesn't decrease just because someone makes a copy of it.

Nah, not stealing, for theft to take place someone actually has to lose whatever is being stolen. You can look at it this way, you would not go to a store and just take a bread, but IF you could make a copy of the bread and you both would have it, then I can't see the problem (except for the store going bankrupt).

The problem is the store would go bankrupt, and then the bread producers would go bankrupt. And eventually, all the producers of the items sold in the store will go bankrupt.
Yeah, but then you would have bread for all eternity, so who cares lol? Cheesy
Also, most musicians does not make music to earn money, they do it because they are creative people that feel happy playing music.
(Source: I'm a musician, and most people I know are as well)
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
September 24, 2014, 05:04:48 AM

That's quite a difference, if you TAKE the cash, then the store loses it. However, if you could just make an EXACT REPLICA of them then, both you and the store would still have the money (in this case that would cause massive inflation though, and the money wouldn't be worth anything).
Actually, it'd be closer to me generating 50 extra bitcoins, now we have 21 million + 50 extra btc. I suppose your inflation analogy does work to an extent.

It devalues every other bitcoin out there, by a tiny amount. It's not a big deal when it's one person, but say it's a million people that do it. 21 million + 50 million has a massive effect on those who obtained their coins via legit means (not 'magically' hacking the blockchain).

Piracy is stealing either way you look at it. People who brag about stealing content should be ashamed. Sure, there IS a problem with distribution of digital content, but there's absolutely no reason to brag that you're stealing it all

Yeah, but the value of a mp3 doesn't decrease just because someone makes a copy of it.

Nah, not stealing, for theft to take place someone actually has to lose whatever is being stolen. You can look at it this way, you would not go to a store and just take a bread, but IF you could make a copy of the bread and you both would have it, then I can't see the problem (except for the store going bankrupt).

Garbochock
September 24, 2014, 05:02:09 AM

legendary
September 24, 2014, 04:48:51 AM

Activity: 56
September 24, 2014, 04:48:01 AM
Yea, mostly movie and cracked software torrents
Garbochock
September 24, 2014, 04:36:45 AM

legendary
September 23, 2014, 10:38:17 PM

Activity: 126
September 23, 2014, 09:32:45 PM
Games torrent mostly
Activity: 154
September 23, 2014, 09:05:42 PM
I didn't dowloaded anything illegal ever. Not my style, but i won't judge others.
Pages:
Jump to: