Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you Have Any Bitcoin Stories from a Decade Ago? - page 3. (Read 306 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 390
While one person paid 10,000 bitcoins (BTC) for two Papa John's pizzas another was paid 32 bitcoins to dress up in a crazy outfit and hold a sign that reads, "STOP THE FED! USE @BITCOINS!!!"

Is there any other story you have heard about bitcoin from the past? Share with us.

I think the most common historical of them all is the story behind the bitcoin pizza, i don't think it can ever be forgotten in history because it's the most touching of them all if there are still more other stories i may bot get used to, we can also have some personal experience to give from those who are early birds in bitcoin adoption back then in 2010 and beyond, the most interesting of this all is that the history can still repeated itself, when we also invested today and hodl for a decade to come, which will be obviously about 2 more halving, what has happened before can still make a reoccurrence because we don't know how far bitcoin would have worth by then, maybe $500,000 in a decade to come.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 466
Instant cryptocurrency exchange with own reserves!
It feels refreshing reading stories from the past. This actually instills hope.  Is there any other story you have heard about Bitcoin from the past? Share with us.
I came to know about cryptocurrency back in 2018 so it's just been 4.5+ years now. Personally, I have no story of mine or any of my relatives about Bitcoin. This really shocked me because some of my family members do have knowledge of the IT sector and one of my cousins was a software developer back in 2010.

I still think why any of them gave any interest in BTC. Well, one of the reasons was less access to the internet and overall, fewer sources for information about all the processes about the industry (crypto).

Coming back to the story, I recently read a topic on this platform in which the op shared his thoughts on how the whale took the high risk to become a BTC whale.  (Bitcoin whales took high risks, while studying price movement in the past). If you wanted to read some more stories then i prefer you to read (The most iconic bitcointalk threads. History on Bitcointalk) this thread because it consist of many iconic histories of BTC.

You will find more interesting topic in here.
Activity: 434
Merit: 141
I saw something interesting from this bitcoinblogger.com author. He seems to be able to predict the future and is very confident that Bitcoin will rise and become a digital currency that can rival The FED.
He just followed Satoshi Nakamoto because since a first day of Bitcoin blockchain, Satoshi Nakamoto already marked a message in its Genesis block
The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks[1]

His posts are also quite interesting to read, because he truly believes that Bitcoin will be popular in the future and there will be many people using it in the future.
He would think he can win or lose with his bet but it's not easy to hold bitcoin after those years and don't lose any coins by losing private keys, don't sell at lower price than all time high in 2021.

I wonder where he was after his last post. Is he still holding on? or is he currently enjoying the results of his initial investment?
Maybe he lost all his bitcoin by selling very cheap or just enjoying his life at beaches because he is rich now.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2174
Professional Community manager
It gets to a point where we should get over the fact that Bitcoin was worth a lot less than it is now in the past and people used it for things that was equivalent to its worth at the time but seems ridiculous to us now with how much it has increased over the years.

If the person in questions is the kind of person who is determined to hold, and they hold that amount till the first bull run they will probably be out of poverty in the rest of their life.
If they are determined to hold them they would have easily bought some cause it was easy to purchase or mined some back then and held it till the bull run.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 371
I saw something interesting from this bitcoinblogger.com author. He seems to be able to predict the future and is very confident that Bitcoin will rise and become a digital currency that can rival The FED. His posts are also quite interesting to read, because he truly believes that Bitcoin will be popular in the future and there will be many people using it in the future.
I wonder where he was after his last post. Is he still holding on? or is he currently enjoying the results of his initial investment? but wherever he is, what he writes and his views on Bitcoin can be a motivation in the future for us to continue to believe in Bitcoin.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 165
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I never knew there was stories like this until now... Bitcoin was really worth less back then for people to willingly be giving out huge amount over things that's worth less. Imagine 10,000 Bitcoin which is worth a billion dollars plus just for holding a paper saying "Stop the fudz". If the person in questions is the kind of person who is determined to hold, and they hold that amount till the first bull run they will probably be out of poverty in the rest of their life. But I doubt if he's still holding it till when Bitcoin price was worth a fortune and then becomes famous. If not he could have probably been had of somewhere in the news.
Activity: 504
Merit: 283
While one person paid 10,000 bitcoins (BTC) for two Papa John's pizzas another was paid 32 bitcoins to dress up in a crazy outfit and hold a sign that reads, "STOP THE FED! USE @BITCOINS!!!"

What's remarkable is that even after a decade, the core message remains unchanged. I've come across interviews featuring Jeremy Sturdivant, the initial individual in the narrative, and it's evident how much he regrets his actions. However, I haven't come across any interviews featuring the second individual yet - I don't know his name. I'm interested to know what he decided to do with the bitcoins. Does he still possess them? When the story was published on the website, his bitcoin wallet was linked to the article, allowing anyone to offer him tips, and indeed, someone tipped him with one bitcoin.

It feels refreshing reading stories from the past. This actually instills hope.  Is there any other story you have heard about bitcoin from the past? Share with us.

- https://web.archive.org/web/20110305092351/http://www.bitcoinblogger.com:80/2011/01/power-of-bitcoins.html?showComment=1294362939071

- https://finance.yahoo.com/news/celebrating-bitcoin-pizza-day-time-163536216.html#:~:text=Happy%20Bitcoin%20Pizza%20Day.,as%20the%20medium%20of%20exchange.

Pages:
Jump to: