Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you have any plans if Bitcoin goes up to 300$? - page 3. (Read 2480 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I will sell 50 % of my bitcoins and hold the rest of it to hit 500$. at 500$ I will sell 50% of the remaining. and the rest I will hold to see how far bicoin can go.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
i will just simply HOLD my bitcoins when the bitcoin price will cross $300 because i strongly believe that is the time when bitcoin will soon rise more and more and i will just wait till it cross $1000 again and probably $1500 in few more days Grin
when bitcoin will cross $300 then it will give us a clue that it will increase..people just need to be patient. Smiley
I have started holding my bitcoins and others should too  Wink
Activity: 1134
Merit: 515
once Bitcoin starts increasingly becoming part of people's investment portfolios, crazy things are going to happen.  firms will start buying and holding, and there's only 21m btc to go around.

This is the real situations right now bitcoin facing. Many investors fear to invest bitcoin because it has only $3B net worth usually a very small company's equivalent. When it raises to considerable amount, as you stated bitcoin prices will fly like crazy. Surely bitcoin will find place in investment portfolio.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
once Bitcoin starts increasingly becoming part of people's investment portfolios, crazy things are going to happen.  firms will start buying and holding, and there's only 21m btc to go around.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Would you sell? Would you buy more? Depends on the speed it gets to that price?

Personally I doubt if I would convert them to cash or hold. What would you do and why?

i will sell 50% of my bitcoin Smiley
and hold 50% of it, better i have $ because if the price down again to 200$ i can buy more and get some profit

I think you should hold on for more dramatic price turns, because that's when all the fun is had.. Unless you're an avid trader and regularly bounce around balances.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Would you sell? Would you buy more? Depends on the speed it gets to that price?

Personally I doubt if I would convert them to cash or hold. What would you do and why?

i will sell 50% of my bitcoin Smiley
and hold 50% of it, better i have $ because if the price down again to 200$ i can buy more and get some profit
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000
If the price goes up to 300$, I will wait even more until it reaches to 350$ before I will try to sell some of my coins. The rest I will keep and hold until there is another price raise that will happen.
i won't do anything as $300 isn't exactly what i am waiting for. if you said what would we do if the price goes to $1000 then it is a different story.

Yeah, I wouldn't even be surprised if I woke up tomorrow and the price was $300, although I would be hoping for upwards momentum.. I wouldn't be impressed.
Even at $1000/BTC it's not something we haven't seen before.

I'd be more worked up over $3000/BTC
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
i won't do anything as $300 isn't exactly what i am waiting for. if you said what would we do if the price goes to $1000 then it is a different story.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
None. It's not exactly an earth shattering amount by any means. I'll keep on trucking.
I'm salary in receiving bitcoin  and I always sell but I kept a small amount on my pocket for savings. $300 would be great as I can have some for other investments.  Grin

How do you receive your salary in bitcoins? That sounds like something I would be interested in because for now I am stuck with buying small amounts of bitcoin at a time.
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
More stuff will come.
I'm salary in receiving bitcoin  and I always sell but I kept a small amount on my pocket for savings. $300 would be great as I can have some for other investments.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024
Well it depends. If bitcoins has reached up to $300 and if there is an assurance that the price of bitcoins will only rise then my best optuons is to buy more bitcoins at the cheaper price of $300 and wait for it to double or triple the profit I will get.
It's so funny to have read so many "Is bitcoin dead" threads on here for the past month or two, and now people are speculating that bitcoin will for sure pass the $5,000 mark... I mean, yeah I'm planning on bitcoin to go back past $300-$400 for the time being... but gemini is only one exchange that is going to be mainly used in the U.S. ... I think some of you guys are putting way too much hype on this exchange site to take bitcoin to the moon again.

Definitely over-hyped about the new U.S. exchange, but what can you expect from pompous U.S. investor-types who are just entering BTC about a year-ago. They lack to see the consistent growth and are only interested in the short-spurts of energy that publicity is bringing to bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004
It's so funny to have read so many "Is bitcoin dead" threads on here for the past month or two, and now people are speculating that bitcoin will for sure pass the $5,000 mark... I mean, yeah I'm planning on bitcoin to go back past $300-$400 for the time being... but gemini is only one exchange that is going to be mainly used in the U.S. ... I think some of you guys are putting way too much hype on this exchange site to take bitcoin to the moon again.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

No, I have no plans to do anything should BTC reach $300.

My guess is that given enough time, BTC will go very high (way over the +/- $1300 highs).  It might take time though, perhaps 1 - 2 years.  And $5000 is not out of the question.

For me, the Big Question is:

Will Bitcoin or gold reach $55,000 first?
Activity: 252
Go figure! | I'm nearing 1337 posts...
Definitely worth waiting out the Gemini impact.
Personally don't plan on selling until it hits $15,000... even then it would have to be a downward trend.
Scarcity is our friend.

You'd better sit tight and wait for quite a long time then. I'm not being a pessimist (but rather being a realist), but bitcoin probably won't go that sky high for quite a few years. Who knows, bitcoin might have even been replaced by some other, overall "better" cryptocurrency before then.

As for the OP, who cares if bitcoin price rises by ~$50? There's plenty more room to improve. Smiley
Activity: 378
$300 is not a big milestone to me. I still held bitcoins when they shot up to over $1000.
Personally don't plan on selling until it hits $15,000... even then it would have to be a downward trend.
Scarcity is our friend.

This is exactly my thoughts as well, I don't think Gemini will have a tremendous impact. However I am in agreement with everything you said !
Limited number of bitcoins, increasing amount of users and increasing value per bitcoin all scream "get as many as you can now"
Activity: 378
Scarcity is our friend.
Pages:
Jump to: