Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you have free power have I got a deal for you!! Free power + old gear - page 3. (Read 2926 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 500
Where am I?
USA South.  I have rooms for miners that are sound proofed from the rest of the house.  I am just trying to figure out how much room I got.
Activity: 316
Merit: 250
For those who do have "free" power.....may I suggest that you list what State you are in...OR if you prefer you could even suggest instead what region of the country you are in, New England, Mid-Atlantic, Deep South, etc.

Thanks.

a great idea!
legendary
Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 1173
Merit: 1001
If you want something almost dead silent I highly recommend the Avalon 4. You can run it underclocked to aroung 800 GH/s per unit (1.2 TH/s max) in room temperature and the fans are on par with PSU fans, it's insane how silent they are. Bonus is that they really don't create much heat either and you get down to 0.5 W/gh power consumption.

Problem is finding these at a good price point. Ordering straight from ehash.com they are too high.

I have one running I thankfully bought from philipma1957, and wish I could find 2 more @ a good price.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
If you want something almost dead silent I highly recommend the Avalon 4. You can run it underclocked to aroung 800 GH/s per unit (1.2 TH/s max) in room temperature and the fans are on par with PSU fans, it's insane how silent they are. Bonus is that they really don't create much heat either and you get down to 0.5 W/gh power consumption.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
If you have free electricity and you live in an apartment you should consider getting a KNC Jupiter. Those are silent power hogs.

SP20, S5, S3 will drive you nuts if you sleep in the same room.

The SP20s are actually manageable underclocked at 900Gh/430watts, setting 3 on fan in a 70f ambient office.

Yes but aren't those loud? Even when underclocked and undervolted?

Yeah that's why u adjust the fans at lower speeds. Gets down to below s3 normal sounds.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
If you have free electricity and you live in an apartment you should consider getting a KNC Jupiter. Those are silent power hogs.

The SP20s are actually manageable underclocked at 900Gh/430watts, setting 3 on fan in a 70f ambient office.

Yes but aren't those loud? Even when underclocked and undervolted?
legendary
Go Big or Go Home.....

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

legendary
Go Big or Go Home.....
OK.

I have:
8x SP20e's
2x Antminer S5's
2x Antminer C1's (Ultra quiet, watercooled)

Smiley
Activity: 778
Merit: 515
I have free power here.  Grin I live in the states in NH if any one is interested.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
yeah it is more of a contact thread.

you have an
 s-3
 s-1
 c-1
 r-box

they work list them here

you have free power or low cost power list here.

pm each other and try to make a deal.   if you need me to escrow at 1% fine if you want to deal the deal without escrow fine.

We have people with idle gear all over the usa.  and there have been low power people asking what they can do with it.

This thread is a place to match up. 
Activity: 571
You can sell your gear here to a guy with free power. Phil will/can do the escrow so no one gets pegged.
You can also deal with the free power people to run your gear for you .. for a price.

Sky (imagination) is the limit.
legendary
Go Big or Go Home.....
So how does this work? How do you make sure neither party is screwed?

I have lots of gear I just put up for sale actually, but if I can find a cheap enough and trustable 'colo' I'd rather use them to make more $$. LOL

legendary
i have free power, but dont have a miner and dont reside in the states.

Maybe we can expand to some other countries idea is to see if we get it going in the USA.

I can do escrow in USA pretty easy.

What country are you?
legendary
MCHouston
mrkubanftw

good i am here for escrow if needed if not just cut deals via pm
Activity: 882
Where am I?
If i can find someone with around 5KW of free power I have a deal for you.

I have 5KW+ available.
Activity: 382

Where are you based i have 3 but could accommodate if needed.

Milwaukee, WI

You?
Activity: 146
Merit: 100

Where are you based i have 3 but could accommodate if needed.
Activity: 382
Pages:
Jump to: