Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you own a firearm? - page 9. (Read 4435 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
July 13, 2014, 09:59:19 AM
No, I cant own one legally in my country, Would I want to own one? I would like to think not, But I cant (and no one really knows) how they would feel raised in a different environment/culture.

I like ballistics, So when older, I would probably put this on my house:-

Too bad we can't rep each other on this forum.  +1 for the Mary Poppins pic!  Made my day!

Some places you can get away with having AA guns on your front lawn, in California you get shot by cops for holding a garden hose nozzle that looks like a gun.

Funny you mention having an AA gun in the front yard.

Up around Leavenworth, Kansas, there is a guy who has just that!

He's got an old de-milled Pom-Pom from WWII, mount and all set up in a garden display in his front yard.

Next time I go up there I'll get pix.

Funnier than shit and a real traffic stopper!
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
July 13, 2014, 09:46:36 AM
Well it's like with any weapon, in the right hands anything can be deadly, I won't go into details just to show I'm on the side of ordinary people but if you know your pressure points and how the nervous system works there's a shit ton you can do with just a scarf or a BB Gun, people experienced in martial arts will probably know what I'm talking about and can back me up on this.

Yes granted, going up against a gun in any situation is stupid, still doesn't mean you won't have a chance, particularly if the assailant is only armed with a knife or something.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
July 13, 2014, 09:10:19 AM
No. I don't own a firearm, unless, if you count a airgun as one. That being said, I own a Gamo Hornet .177 Cal, which can get up to 1,000 (LEAD) or 1,200 FPS (PBA). So really, it can defend me as much as a actual firearm can. I also don't have anyone currently living with me that could possibly use it. And to be honest, I'd rather not own a 'actual' gun.

Well, I'm not really sure if my dog has grown thumbs yet.

an airgain defending you?

I don't know about yours, but my neighbour shot his brother with an airgun in the back

it's nothing special

yeah, you can kill little birds and stuff, but it's not going to be of any help against an intruder

If you didn't know, 750 FPS or even lower can kill small game. More than 950 FPS can take down a lightweight human, and, some big game. 1,000-1,200 FPS... Well, just imagine.

I think you need to Google things, before making such odd assumptions. The only difference is that instead of a .22, a .177 Cal will be pointed at you. And at close range, the accuracy will be nearly perfect. Long range might be a bit of a issue, but that's irrelevant.
legendary
Activity: 1540
July 13, 2014, 08:59:45 AM
You haven't been shot in the crotch by a paintball gun have you Lurai? Cheesy It REALLY hurts and I'm speaking from experience, so imagine getting an airsoft gun to the crotch if that's what he's talking about.
Activity: 257
Merit: 100
July 13, 2014, 08:48:18 AM
no don't feel the need to own one
Activity: 644
July 13, 2014, 08:38:58 AM
No. I don't own a firearm, unless, if you count a airgun as one. That being said, I own a Gamo Hornet .177 Cal, which can get up to 1,000 (LEAD) or 1,200 FPS (PBA). So really, it can defend me as much as a actual firearm can. I also don't have anyone currently living with me that could possibly use it. And to be honest, I'd rather not own a 'actual' gun.

Well, I'm not really sure if my dog has grown thumbs yet.
Activity: 519
July 13, 2014, 08:21:08 AM
No, I cant own one legally in my country, Would I want to own one? I would like to think not, But I cant (and no one really knows) how they would feel raised in a different environment/culture.

Too bad we can't rep each other on this forum.  +1 for the Mary Poppins pic!  Made my day!

Some places you can get away with having AA guns on your front lawn, in California you get shot by cops for holding a garden hose nozzle that looks like a gun.
copper member
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032
July 13, 2014, 06:24:22 AM

Activity: 252
12CDKyxPyL5Rj28ed2yz5czJf3Dr2ZvEYw
July 13, 2014, 05:56:11 AM
No, since it's illegal to hold it just like that in my country. If i had a chance to hold it i wouldn't hold it anyways, at least not for ''safety'' , i'd maybe have it for shooting range, since i like shooting in general.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
July 13, 2014, 05:26:56 AM
Nope, glad I don't need it here where I live.

Activity: 61
Merit: 10
July 13, 2014, 03:50:51 AM
I own 1 AK47 and one 45.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064
July 13, 2014, 03:29:30 AM
I don't.
And I hope I never feel the need for one.  Smiley
Activity: 519
July 13, 2014, 03:24:10 AM
I own more than one firearm and am proficient with handguns, rifles and shotguns.

Well and machine guns of which I am a collector.

Don't get a BB-gun - you'll shoot your eye out.  Oh wait, nevermind Tongue

Machine guns huh?  You have those heavy 50's that can chew through cars too?  While I would never buy one of those I would like to play with one for a couple hours.
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
July 12, 2014, 09:20:00 PM
Yes, I own a Smith & Wessen M&P 9c
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
July 12, 2014, 09:17:42 PM
No, its illegal in Australia, for the most part Sad

If I was in USA I would be gunned up to the teeth. No zombies will be sodomizing me, again.
Activity: 448
July 12, 2014, 09:11:27 PM
Its illegal in my country, so no..
Activity: 798
July 12, 2014, 08:36:38 PM
I don't own one, but neither am I against guns in principle. Remember that they are no more than a tool that, in the hands of the right people, can actually shut down that madman who doesn't care who dies as long as he can get all the newspapers to talk about him for weeks before he gets very far. You can also kill people with a knife or a thrown rock when it gets down to it. In fact, gun control advocates never did make much sense to me because every idea I've heard would only take guns away from law-abiding citizens while doing nothing about the fact that you can buy and sell guns on the black market if you have the right connections. I'd rather hear that some dude was shot while invading somebody's house than hear that an entire family died a gruesome death because they couldn't defend themselves.
legendary
Activity: 3934
Merit: 1248
Owner at AltQuick.com
July 12, 2014, 08:25:43 PM
I also keep a few guns loaded at certain locations in my house just in case call me paranoid but in honesty i'd rather have it at the ready and never have to use it then not have one at all IF anything bad were to happen.

Best to have it and not need it. Than to need it and not have it!

Careful leaving loaded fire arms around your house. You don't want to have someone come in and use one on you.  Easy way for a clean wack because it looks like you killed yourself if it is your own gun.

I always keep guns/ammo separated and hidden.

Activity: 476
July 12, 2014, 08:21:50 PM
I own more than one firearm and am proficient with handguns, rifles and shotguns.

Well and machine guns of which I am a collector.

I'd like to see some photos of your collectors pieces! Do you have an FFL?

Not any more.

Maybe one day on the pix though.
legendary
Activity: 1050
July 12, 2014, 08:21:14 PM
I would love to have a golden Desert Eagle .50, but it's not really available in my country  Sad
Pages:
Jump to: