Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you really believe gox has lost 740,000 BTC and has only 2,000 left? - page 5. (Read 8186 times)

legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106
This is going to be one shitty week...

no, the shitty weeks are behind us... Smiley
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
This is going to be one shitty week...
Activity: 504
When there is an official look into this, legal or journalistic, we are very apt here in this forum to correct anything overlooked by authorities or reporters.

A German university do mass tracings of transactions (for research purposes) and there are now forensic tools to backtrack BTC's.

We will get to the bottom of the "whom stole which coins" part!
anu
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
http://two-bit-idiot.tumblr.com/post/77760399932/update-on-mt-gox-this-document-appears-to-be

This document claims that gox has lost 740,000 BTC and has only 2,000 left

This sounds really ridiculous. 2000BTC could not even cover 10% of the ask wall on gox. How could Mark not realize it far before the cold wallet becomes 0?

The trading engine does not operate on the blockchain - its only working on Bitcoin representations in a database.

That said, this looks like an attempt to crash the price. I would expect them to run a simple SQL query finding out how many Bitcoins customers own and compare it with the amount in their wallets as part of their daily reconciliation.
Activity: 266
"The cold storage has been wiped out due to a leak in the hot wallet."

BULLSHIT ALERT
Mark:Time's Douchebag of The Year
Activity: 195
Merit: 102
DiMS dev team
I start to think that  they(mt.gox) prolong withdrawals by purpose.
Do simple math
let say  you have 1000USD
buy mt.gox bitcoin using them than sell on bitstamp
now you have
4000USD
repeat process

soon you have more bitcoin and USD than  ever before

and this procedure  will end when  withdrawal will be  resumed eventually so no need for rush

Activity: 339
"The cold storage has been wiped out due to a leak in the hot wallet."

BULLSHIT ALERT
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
I don't buy it, the presentation seems odd if it is internal, it is a bit simplistic.
If I have a meeting I don't expect a presentation to start with a simple overview of the company, that is for external presentations.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1087
No.

Nobody is stupid enough to lose 750 000 BTC without noticing it.

That's why one of my choice is Mark having serious mental illness. That would explain it
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
No.

Nobody is stupid enough to lose 750 000 BTC without noticing it.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Losing 740 000 BTC seems unbelivable achievement.

On other hand having that much in exchange in the late times seems also dubious...
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Now it looks more real than ever.(Not saying it is)
Activity: 336
Merit: 0
I think that gox should have a withdraw log, so they should have list of guys, who asked bitcoins twice.
Activity: 504
As a fact. Mark had thousands of BTC which he used some of to stabilise price on GOX in the early 2012 when Bitcoin needed supportive buying / selling to look good.

He transferred from a wallet through a server with a Paris IP number. I'm gonna look if I still have the note on the wallet address in some of my old posts.

Guy is loaded, lying is too easy. Gox is unimportant, Bitcoin follows the guy with the keys.

Just for the info: He was not alone back then, coordinated buying was taking place he was part of a cartel, Spain Uk Germany IP together in this.

things are not what they seem. proclaiming news about BTC assets would require some documentation, i.e. the address which they are stolen from, and the addresses they have been deposited to. A mere re branding won't cut it legally.

(nope, don't have the wallet public address anywhere)
legendary
If you have other theory, please reply
legendary
http://two-bit-idiot.tumblr.com/post/77760399932/update-on-mt-gox-this-document-appears-to-be

This document claims that gox has lost 740,000 BTC and has only 2,000 left

This sounds really ridiculous. 2000BTC could not even cover 10% of the ask wall on gox. How could Mark not realize it far before the cold wallet becomes 0?
Pages:
Jump to: