Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you see individual satoshi becoming valuable? - page 3. (Read 336 times)

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
As each halving is passing and this block reward decrease has started sounding like a big deal to me. Does anyone else also see individual satoshi becoming valuable in future?

No. I think BTC  tops out at 10 to 15 million.. Which means 15 cents per sat.

Check my math.

0.00000001.  100 million sats to a coin . so 100mill x 15 cents you got a 15 million dollar coin.

with a 15 cent sat. maybe in 2050 to 2060 it happens.

You even calculated that; I didn't think of that, but it sounds good. That's why I don't know if I'll still be alive in the year 2050; I'll probably be gone from this world when that happens.

Well, anyway, if we really think highly of Bitcoin, we will really appreciate every single sats of it and hold it until our last breath in this world, as long as we have a sense of what we are doing here in the Bitcoin industry field.

I was born in 1957 in 2050 I will be 93. and in 2060 I will be 103.

Since the oldest male in my family reach 93 and was in good shape til he was 92 maybe I make 2050.

I do not think 2060 is in the cards 💳
Activity: 644
Merit: 152
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
As each halving is passing and this block reward decrease has started sounding like a big deal to me. Does anyone else also see individual satoshi becoming valuable in future?

Check my math.

0.00000001.  100 million sats to a coin . so 100mill x 15 cents you got a 15 million dollar coin.

this calculation is quite reasonable in my opinion. considering that it has been 14 years since bitcoin was introduced, but we are still trading in larger forms, and when we want to trade it in smaller forms it may take us decades to achieve that.

fortunately, if i count my age now, i still have the chance to live to see this happen. so i'm very optimistic to see this happen.
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
because of tx fees no one will be able to spend just 1 sat. where the recipient then sees utility/ability in that 1 sat.
its like metal pennies even though the cost to physically make 1 penny is more cost then the pennies price. no one wants to pay people in pennies
however gathering up pennies and making them into a larger bar. then has more value/utility

with the applications of ETF where they are selling shares in decimals of 1btc. people wont measure in "btc" but in bits(100sat) or bitcent(0.01btc)
much like no one measures gold in bars or Kilograms. but instead in ounces

however the utility of gold dust/grams is not something people value as single units

Activity: 1666
Merit: 453

Check my math.

You even calculated that; I didn't think of that, but it sounds good. That's why I don't know if I'll still be alive in the year 2050; I'll probably be gone from this world when that happens.

Well, anyway, if we really think highly of Bitcoin, we will really appreciate every single sats of it and hold it until our last breath in this world, as long as we have a sense of what we are doing here in the Bitcoin industry field.
Activity: 66
Merit: 5
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
This probably sounds similar to this thread Can 1 satoshi be worth $1 in the future? because the value you're talking about is probably price so it kinda similar to me.

An individual Satoshi can be valuable in future if only BTC1 Bitcoin can reach a solid amount of $100 Million dollars per Bitcoin according to an estimate by @who is John Gait
$1 million for a bitcoin makes 1 satoshi for 1¢. For 1 satoshi to be $1, one bitcoin must be worth 100 million. Smiley
Activity: 1722
Merit: 801
Each satoshi will become more valuable with time with a condition that Bitcoin will be stronger with time and being stronger means bigger adoption and higher value.

The bullish case for Bitcoin. I believe you have been in Bitcoin market and the Bitcointalk forum long enough to know about this article but I share it as I see it is helpful for newbies.

Make your plan with future halvings: 2028, 2032, 2036, 2040, 2044, 2048, 2052, 2056 and 2060.

https://buybitcoinworldwide.com/halving/#calculator

See Controlled supply and see how many % of Bitcoin total supply will be left after each of those halvings.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 620
As Philip is able to explain the sats to Bitcoin conversion for each sat into centavo. I also think that it's going to take time if each sats will have value in the future.

To make it short, and for other calculation. It's going to be with a dollar per satoshi.

1 BTC = 100M sats = $100M to make it at least $1 per sat.

And if it's going to be in cents as per philip's calculation, that's still going to require a lot of price and market cap for Bitcoin to achieve it.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'

Check my math.

Activity: 2464
Merit: 934
Pages:
Jump to: