Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you still use MEW? - page 78. (Read 5082 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 100
April 27, 2018, 03:58:14 PM
i dont login to MEW. I check my balance in the etherscsn

I do it the same way.
You could even use MEW in View-Only-Mode by using your public-key but Ethplorer/Etherscan is better.
If you don't have a hardware-wallet you could sign your transactions offline on a 100% malware-free device:
https://myetherwallet.github.io/knowledge-base/offline/making-offline-transaction-on-myetherwallet.html
Thank you for giving a petujuk gan, it was very nice indeed, gan has its own security we should be seeing more and more people who are not also responsible, for the good of us, I will try your suggestion
April 27, 2018, 03:54:39 PM
Now I really want to improve the security of my wallet. Also I'm thinking of creating one more wallet for not everyday transactions.
correctly I think indeed there should be a good security to avoid something negative, so that felt had a wallet please keep for the sake of your own
Activity: 378
Merit: 2
April 27, 2018, 03:51:52 PM
With the recent hack, I assume a lot of people will switch to something else, what do you think?

I still recommend using a hardware wallet over the safety benefits though.
There is nothing wrong with MEW, per ce. Of course, nothing is 100% secure, but in this case it wasn't their security at fault, but a hacker setting up a fake website aka phishing. They basically exploited vulnerabilitiies in two basic internet protocols that route traffic around the world, the Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) and the Domain Name System (DNS).

This is what MEW said" Couple of DNS servers were hijacked to resolve http://myetherwallet.com  users to be redirected to a phishing site. This is not on @myetherwallet side, we are in the process of verifying which servers to get it resolved asap."

If you don't feel MEW is safe enough, get yourself a hardware wallet like the Ledger Nano S.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
Presale is live!
April 27, 2018, 03:51:36 PM
I trust this wallet. But I heard that some addresses were hacked. I'm frightened by the fact that hackers become very skilled.
Activity: 224
April 27, 2018, 03:51:19 PM
With the recent hack, I assume a lot of people will switch to something else, what do you think?

If the theft of tokens and ethers are regular, then very many will use other wallets. If there is a worthy alternative, many will take advantage of this. But unfortunately there is no such alternative yet. Therefore, everyone prefers to use MEW.
April 27, 2018, 03:49:45 PM
No i didn't after they had their internal troubles a while back , switched over to a hardware wallet and i don't regret it.
There have been many incidents like that many are switching because it feels less confident that the team could resolve the problems internally within the project so choose to go out and look for nice thinks
Activity: 183
Merit: 0
April 27, 2018, 03:48:15 PM
Yes I still use myetherwallet and think that I am immune. I'm not afraid of hackers
April 27, 2018, 03:47:17 PM
No i didn't after they had their internal troubles a while back , switched over to a hardware wallet and i don't regret it.
There have been many incidents like that many are switching because it feels less confident that the team could resolve the problems internally within the project so choose to go out and look for nice thinks
Activity: 185
April 27, 2018, 03:45:55 PM
i dont login to MEW. I check my balance in the etherscsn
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
April 27, 2018, 03:44:03 PM
I still use MyEtherWallet, but not yet at risk to enter the wallet. To check the balance, I use etherscan.
Activity: 700
April 27, 2018, 03:43:25 PM
It's very simple, you need to check the dns, but it's better to use the wallet in offline mode. Then you can sleep peacefully, and not experience excessive discomfort in safety issues. No lock which can not be broken, store money in different baskets.
Activity: 532
April 27, 2018, 03:39:40 PM

Of course I still use MEW. Well, the team of the MEW doing their best make thing easy and reliable. Though, their might some people doing bad things attempting to hack MEW but in the end it's not successful. As I trust the team in which they will always put a great standard of security in order to provide to users a great service from them.
Activity: 364
April 27, 2018, 03:37:00 PM
Even taking into account the hacking MEW still remains one of the best wallets for cryptocurrency. Of course now you can start to use another purse, but where is the guarantee that it will not crack through the floor years?
Activity: 658
Merit: 101
April 27, 2018, 03:35:32 PM
I used it myetherwallet, no problem. It works just like the old site and I did not see a risk. Phishing attacks are always something, I do not think there is a situation to grow. I still trust Myetherwallet Smiley
Mew is the best online erc20 wallet, everybody knows.
Activity: 252
Merit: 4
Ethereum Limited Edition ICO
April 27, 2018, 03:33:57 PM

I do agree with you. Yes I have heard also that many had transfered to other wallet like metamask or neo and imtoken because they are afraid  that they will lost they money in mew. I am still using mew but I am aftaid also that hackers can get into my wallet.
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
April 27, 2018, 03:26:27 PM

Yes, I use MEW. Because it is very convenient and he is still very reliable all these hackers attack usually suppressed his reputation, but this is still one of the best wallets
Activity: 231
April 27, 2018, 03:26:07 PM
I still  believe in MEW, security should always have our part as well, we should know certain things just like that for the security of our coins, we have to be smart too.
Activity: 238
April 27, 2018, 03:25:45 PM
MEW still remains the best purse. It is necessary to take care of its protection. Especially on the erc-20 comes most of the tokens.
Activity: 308
Merit: 11
April 27, 2018, 03:20:11 PM
I do not yet use the secret key to enter my MyEtherWallet wallets after hacking it on 04.24.2018. I think that in the near future this defect in the safety of this purse will be eliminated. I would not like to switch to using other wallets. I think that I will continue to use this purse, because I like it very much. I'll just take some extra security measures for this purse.
Activity: 30
April 27, 2018, 03:19:33 PM
MEW is still the best - just be safe
Pages:
Jump to: