Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think all ICO are securities ? - page 2. (Read 747 times)

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147
July 21, 2018, 11:40:48 PM
ICO securities not 100% secure, but they try make it more better for the secure. ICO technologies and innovation every years growing.
In the future I sure ICO securities will be more secure. Many ICO will coming up in this year, new different technologies and innovation.
Every year ICO is growing, the innovations and technologies they offer make some investors interested in spending the money. But the problem is, is ICO system is safe? I mean does not lead to scam project? this will always be feared by investors.

Until now there is no body governing the security ICO, which decided the ICO will run smoothly and every investor will get a profit. Innovation can be designed by scammers and this is very easy to do by them. Cryptocurrency needs full oversight to make the system safe, this is what I always expect forward to in the future.
Activity: 784
Merit: 255
July 18, 2018, 12:35:57 PM
Bitcoin and Ethereum cannot be securities,so they do not have a single owner. Tokens on ICO, which have a contract and a single distribution center, can be recognized as securities. On the other hand, securities should be provided with any material values, and tokens do not yet have them.
Activity: 31
Merit: 1
July 18, 2018, 12:35:01 AM
Some of them are securities, some of them are not securities.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 147
July 14, 2018, 12:41:40 PM
The bad image of cryptocurrency from various people who think cryptocurrency is a scam is partly due to the ICO project. We remember a few months ago google, facebook and twitter all three agreed to ban any form of advertising cryptocurrency on its platform, their karens have a strong reason the ICO project has made their users lose. This pointed out ICO project is not 100% secure, many of which are ICO projects that end up with a scam.
Activity: 50
Merit: 3
July 12, 2018, 01:00:22 PM
No, I do not think they are 100% secure, but you have to deal with that. Plus, as we are heading forward, I am sure there will be more safer and safer ways to participate in ICOs.

At the end of the day everything can be a securities, if the government wants to enforce it. For example, rewards points from big retail store, ebay, amazon, etc can also be considered a securities, however, the masses have agreed that it is not. Eth and btc are are securites, however, teh SEC have decided (because people are willing to agree that it is not) that they are not securities. So, everything is a security, which can be approved if there is mass adoption and support from the public.
Activity: 162
Merit: 10
June 28, 2018, 08:35:18 AM
No, I do not think they are 100% secure, but you have to deal with that. Plus, as we are heading forward, I am sure there will be more safer and safer ways to participate in ICOs.
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
June 21, 2018, 05:05:40 PM
In this Era of the digitalization of things, security is of utmost concerned.
Activity: 434
Merit: 38
June 06, 2018, 01:46:43 PM
https://www.coindesk.com/no-not-icos-securities/

This article brings to light that all ICO's are Not securities, I personally don't think any of them fit into the SEC square box nicely of how they define one. This is a completely new and different asset class and should be treated as one when it comes to regulation. I find it ironic that there is a Securities forum to chat on here, are we trying to support uncle Sam or take him down with this forum?

I think most of them are NOT securities, especially if they have a utility function in the project you are willing to invest (utility token). But some of them are recognized as securities (while others are masked by a utility token, while in reality are securities).

NEX, for example, is a new ICO that should start in short amount of time, which is a recognized security.
Activity: 9
June 06, 2018, 10:38:14 AM
I think that we need to chouse project for investing with with zealousness
Activity: 174
Merit: 6
June 05, 2018, 06:55:38 AM
I understand Switzerland defines them as private money assets, like Amazon gift cards or gold coins not issued by a goverment mint.I can see how they fit into that category much easier, although recent annoiuncmenets form Bafin(Germany is similar is suggetsing that the two are not exclusive) They cna be tokens and securites.
Activity: 322
Merit: 21
ICO are securities, I think not...for me the ICO is direct to the point of investment and your money already expose somehow or some way. Don't make it complicated to the other idea of security, cause ICO is sounds like gambling without any assurance that your asset will gonna make profit. Please don't misunderstood what I'm saying on it.
Activity: 140
No. Securities are basically classified as whether it is an equity or debt and one way or another, this pertains to the fact that there must be some representation of ownership of the financial instrument from one entity to another (i.e., stocks and bonds, options, futures and forwards, etc.) At the very least, that's what I understand about securities; a financial security with a promise of ownership or pay off for the utilization of liquid cash.
Activity: 16
Any ICO as a share or pays a dividend will be classed as a security, because technically crypto isn't regulated correctly it may go under the radar, but it may not, that's the risk. The only time an ICO is not a security, and there is still disagreement about this, is when it is a buyback. I know some people launching an ICO which are $10, $100, $1,000 coins but act as bonds paying a fixed return per week via coin buybacks, first in first out, that is not a security, if it were the bond markets around the world would freeze up.
Activity: 57
IMO pretty much. Being a new and emerging technology it makes sense that there are different types of token offerings. But based on the behaviour of both the token and the token owner when you get down to it all tokens have a security value/property.
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
April 27, 2018, 06:58:19 AM
Of course, not everyone can have a guarantee that your data is protected. It's only your responsibility.
Activity: 84
Merit: 1
April 25, 2018, 07:06:08 AM
Only if you don't have the token on the exchanges and simply exchange it to developed software or tech, then it will be a utility. But still, there is more to that.

Take a look at this article, there is a lot of useful stuff:
https://medium.com/@argongroup/8-important-things-to-know-about-security-tokens-token-regulation-3d548a1a6367

Also, there was a form by SEC, can't find it now, but there was a questionnaire in it about the token purpose, so if you get more than 5 points you're a security, and it's quite hard to get less than 15.

Registering ICO with SEC is a long process that involves a lot of bureaucracy that requires not only all of the verifications and paperwork but also is quite expensive, if you're running a large ICO, you'll pay at least 10-20%

Best regards,
Dimitri
Activity: 49
April 25, 2018, 07:04:10 AM
ICO is certainly not 100% secured and cannot be compared to shares in a company
Well not really there are some that are! check out this one, and tell me what you think
https://medium.com/@lympo.io/hold-on-to-your-helmets-we-are-distributing-company-shares-to-lym-token-holders-e0030d886e84
Activity: 840
Merit: 508
Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!
April 22, 2018, 01:59:54 PM
I would say that some ICOs are bordering on securities. Particularly the ones that pay dividends, or giving you voting rights in how the ICO company proceeds in future. Maybe they should be called security tokens.
Activity: 75
April 22, 2018, 11:11:22 AM
BTC is the original utility token, all ICOs should clearly tell you if they are a security or utility before pre-sale. We need a better transparent system of identitying this.
Activity: 56
April 21, 2018, 02:58:24 AM
Not all ICO's are securities. 
Pages:
Jump to: