Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think Bitcoin is a security, a currency or a commodity? - page 3. (Read 1064 times)

Activity: 1442
Merit: 106
i think bitcoin is a combination of security, a currency and also a commodity. the idea behind the blockchain  technology is to have a degree of security in the ownership of a valid asset and also have the currency and can also be seen as a commodity. because of the degree importance the cryptocurrency has become it can not be said otherwise.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
I personally consider bitcoin as a unique multi-faceted technology. It can act both as a currency and as a reliable investment. I think that is the reason for its success.
Activity: 348
The endless debate... Do you think Bitcoin is a security, a currency or a commodity? We came up with a few reasons why it could easily classify in any of those categories: https://cryptocoin.news/analysis/is-bitcoin-a-security-a-currency-or-a-commodity-2-18643/

What do you think it is?

I think it's a mix of currency and digital resource.  Nowadays anything can be faked, from art to money, to even large quantities of gold can be doctored.  Something that cannot be faked is definitely a valuable resource, and can be used like money, but using the current market price.

Bitcoin difined as a currency, because it is now started to accept as a digital currency. But i think it can considered also as a commodity, because of the demmand in our market. Many brought it investor.
Activity: 175
Merit: 12
The endless debate... Do you think Bitcoin is a security, a currency or a commodity? We came up with a few reasons why it could easily classify in any of those categories: https://cryptocoin.news/analysis/is-bitcoin-a-security-a-currency-or-a-commodity-2-18643/

What do you think it is?

I think it's a mix of currency and digital resource.  Nowadays anything can be faked, from art to money, to even large quantities of gold can be doctored.  Something that cannot be faked is definitely a valuable resource, and can be used like money, but using the current market price.
Activity: 644
Merit: 1
I think bitcoin combines all 3 of these qualities. In some online stores accept payment for goods in bitcoins which means that they can be as money, in this case, bitcoin is a currency. You can invest in bitcoin, sell and get money for it. In this case, bitcoin is a commodity. And security. You can be sure about your savings in bitcoins, since no one else controls them except you. Unlike money in a bank.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 117
We can't call bitcoin a currency because it's not and I don't think it will ever be. Of course some people use it to pay pay for different services or things but that doesn't happen very often for bitcoin to be called a currency. For example people are never going to pay with bitcoin for their shopping if they have cash available, probably only if they have some bitcoin left and they want to spend it.
I dont think bitcoin is a security since many hacks have happened recently to big exchanges wich proves its not that hard to hack bitcoin wallets. The only option remaining is a commodity, wich bitcoin really is.
Activity: 334
Merit: 100

What do you think it is?
According to me , bitcoin is a currency as it is used as a consideration for the product you purchase. But in the current scenerio ,people are treating it as a commodity and are investing in it . As people invest in gold or silver similarly people are now investing in bitcoins. They buy btc when its price is less and sell it when its price rises. So in this way people are investing in btc and treating it as a commodity.
Activity: 37

What do you think it is?

Well, as you say, this is an endless debate, there will be arguments to support any opinion. I personally define Bitcoin as a commodity and currency. Money or currency is a medium of change, a store of value and a measure of wealth. You could say Bitcoin also has all three characters.
Activity: 423
Merit: 250
bitcoin is an opportunity to store money in something other than money and shares
Activity: 560
Merit: 111
Activity: 266
Merit: 4
CurioInvest [IEO Live]
Bitcoin is more of a currency and a commodity. Not a security because it does not grant its investors the 100% assurance of returns. Anyway, Bitcoin was created primarily to serve the purpose of a currency, thus to facilitate payments online with fast transactions, low costs, and user control of transactions.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
I think bitcoin best fit for a currency rather than security or commodity. As what Satoshi wrote on his whitepaper, Bitcoin is a digital currency that will serve as an alternate currency to fiat and brings online payment to the higher level.
yeah, i think like you.
there are many explanations and evidence that bitcoin is a digital currency, and it functions the same as a national currency. it's just that bitcoin is used online.
I believe bitcoin should be treated as a global currency more than security and commodity.It should be a method of payment system and hopefully aim to be a global currency soon.Despite of some governments who were not open to legalize bitcoin,bitcoin still continue to grow as years goes by.
Activity: 700
Merit: 11
send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c
I think bitcoin best fit for a currency rather than security or commodity. As what Satoshi wrote on his whitepaper, Bitcoin is a digital currency that will serve as an alternate currency to fiat and brings online payment to the higher level.
yeah, i think like you.
there are many explanations and evidence that bitcoin is a digital currency, and it functions the same as a national currency. it's just that bitcoin is used online.
Activity: 58
The problem is that bitcoin holds aspects of the three, trying to categorize it on either would be focusing on different aspects that bitcoin as a whole holds, it has to be looked in a "bigger picture" kind of way, instead of trying to make it fit on these caregories. Remember that the concept of Security, Currency and Commodity as the "only" assets is a pretty old concept, bitcoin is not even 10 years old now! Maybe a new definition is in order Tongue
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
i see Bitcoin as a currency, even if bitcoin actually failed as a currency (takes to long to make transactions, no one wants to wait 10 min to buy a coffe)
Activity: 434
Merit: 101
Activity: 364
Erotic Industry on the Blockchain! RachelX
BTC was created as a cryptocurrency(currency) and as such it is a digital currency which will change the worlds view on cryptocurrency in some years to come. It is never a security or commodity.
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
Bitcoin is simply a digital currency but issue is some people invest in bitcoin as an asset such as gold and silver. As an asset, they sell for profit in times the owners deem it right to do so. In my personal opinion, bitcoin is a digital currency which can be used for almost all business transactions.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
Bitcoin has certain characteristics that are similar to typical commodities, such as gold. Some argue bitcoin is useful and holds inherent value, which could make it a commodity. It also trades on the futures market, like other commodities. However, others argue bitcoin’s only value is in the minds of its buyers, since the digital currency is merely a series of 1s and 0s.
Activity: 420
Yes, Bitcoin is a currency because bitcoin has features for new exchanges that are already popular globally through the internet
Pages:
Jump to: