Pages:
Author

Topic: Do You Think Bitcoin Will Replace Dollar Soon? - page 16. (Read 417177 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 10
Honesty is the best policy
the US dollar currency is like interest so it seems difficult to be replaced by bitcoin because the economy of the United States is very strong
Activity: 350
if a wide audience starts to use bitcoin, it is very likely that it will be able to drown the history of the US dollar that has been considered a universal currency throughout the world.
Activity: 812
Merit: 100
Coinbase CEO believes bitcoin will replace dollar within 15 years.

Read the following news:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114983/coinbase-ceo-bitcoin-will-replace-dollar-within-15-years

Do you think it will be true? Are you positive towards bitcoin's future status?
I think no because real money is more we need in this earth and bitcoin is a way to have a real money because it's easy to earn money and bitcoin is digital currency so is not gonna happen because government not allowed that to happen.
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
Well, firstly bitcoin needs to reach general acceptance, and there is still a long way.
The a lot of technical problems must be solved before to think to a replacement.
But it's possible, the only question is: How long will it take?
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
Bitcoin will never replace dollar for sure! Because government making decision about bitcoin and if question about changing currency will come the answer would be dollar because it's centralized.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Most likely, bitcoin and the dollar will have to coexist for a long time. And the problem is not even in the drawbacks of bitcoin (the dollar has more), but because it is difficult for people to change perceptions that have been established for many years.

Agree. The Dollar has been an established currency for years. It's no wonder why its trusted by many countries and people around the world. On the other hand, Bitcoin is still new to the world and has a decentralized model which prevents it from becoming a replacement towards government-backed currencies like the Dollar. As such, it would be impossible for Bitcoin to completely replace fiat currencies such as the Dollar or Euro, given that it is not backed by anything.

In the future, both cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and fiat currencies will exist alongside each other for generations. People will have the stability and reliability of a government-backed currency like the Dollar, while they'll be able to enjoy the benefits of decentralization that Bitcoin provides. Therefore, there will always be various options to choose from whenever it is fiat, crypto, or precious metals like Gold and Silver. One thing for sure, is that fiat currencies will start migrating to their own blockchain solutions, making them capable to stand alongside existing cryptocurrencies for years to come. Just my opinion Smiley
Activity: 3038
Merit: 647
nope, I don't think so. Both of them are different currencies, a currency won't fall down that easily

bitcoins and dollars are different currencies, I also agree with you, bitcoin is a digital currency that for now exists only in digital systems whereas dollars are the currency of a country, and it is very unlikely that a country's currency is replaced with another currency
Bitcoin is not a legal currency and that word currency is only by definition in the crypto world.
USD is a legal currency and created by the government of the US and it's widely accepted all over the world without a risk, so people would choose
USD because they will only use it to transact, not to invest.
Activity: 350
nope, I don't think so. Both of them are different currencies, a currency won't fall down that easily

bitcoins and dollars are different currencies, I also agree with you, bitcoin is a digital currency that for now exists only in digital systems whereas dollars are the currency of a country, and it is very unlikely that a country's currency is replaced with another currency
Activity: 224

Read the following news:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114983/coinbase-ceo-bitcoin-will-replace-dollar-within-15-years

Dollar won't be replaced by bitcoin in any chance. Bitcoin and dollar have different functions and concepts. Dollar is used in everyday life transactions and mostly used fiat currency. Bitcoin is based on the online world and only few people have been using it. I believe dollar will continue to exist.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 522
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
i think bitcoin will relace amerikan dollar and paper money soon. because it is a huge technology. It is now the date of the dollar or something.
Activity: 322
Yes,In my opinion, I really agree with you. Bitcoin will never replace the dollar, but i think bitcoin can stand together with dollar. Bitcoin for digital currencies and dollar. It is possible that this will happen within our lifetime.
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
Most likely, bitcoin and the dollar will have to coexist for a long time. And the problem is not even in the drawbacks of bitcoin (the dollar has more), but because it is difficult for people to change perceptions that have been established for many years.
Activity: 574
Merit: 251
To replace the dollar would have required a marketcap for at least thousands of trillions, and I'm not sure this will happen, maybe before reaching bitcoin will be destroyed by the USA government because it will not like the dollar replaced with bitcoin.
Activity: 579
Merit: 309
Dollar is very popular currency I mean it is widely used and everyone knows about it and used it it somehow, when Biticoin replace it I think it is possible through time, maybe decades from now we'll use biticoin instead of the dollar.
Agreed, the dollar is the strongest currency at the moment and it is also supported by the strongest country so I'm never sure that the presence of bitcoin will replace the dolllar.
Activity: 574
Merit: 108

Read the following news:

Bitcoin has been a passive cryptocurrency while dollar has been more active than bitcoin for a long time already. Dollar has its reputation built and it has been widely used by many people for a long run. I don't think bitcoin would sooner replace dollar because unlike dollar, bitcoin is not yet accepted by the whole world yet and some countries has even banned it within their territories.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
I don't think bitcoin will replace dollars anytime soon, or any cryptocurrency for that matter.
Dollar is a valuable and stable currency, it's strong and is mostly the basis for prices in other
forms of currencies worldwide. It's popular and frankly prominent, bitcoin is popular too and
it's more valuable but it's always fluctuating and can be reconsidered unstable compared to
dollar's stature.

Exactly. Bitcoin can never be compared against the Dollar since it is always unstable and largely unregulated. On the other hand, the Dollar cannot replace Bitcoin since it lacks many unique features of a blockchain asset such as portability, anti-double spending mechanisms, and more. Also, it experiences inflation whereas Bitcoin has a deflationary model. So, in the end, I think that both Bitcoin and the Dollar will co-exist for many years to come, instead of replacing one another.

In the future, we will be able use both Bitcoin and the Dollar according to our needs. Whenever we want the trust, and stability of a currency, we'll use the Dollar. And when we want a safe-haven asset that serves as a store of value, we'll use Bitcoin. Maybe, as popularity grows among cryptocurrencies, governments would recognize them more as serious currencies along existing fiat solutions. Of course, anything could happen, but time will tell us what lies within both Bitcoin and the Dollar's prominence in our world. Just my opinion Smiley
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
I don't think bitcoin will replace dollars anytime soon, or any cryptocurrency for that matter.
Dollar is a valuable and stable currency, it's strong and is mostly the basis for prices in other
forms of currencies worldwide. It's popular and frankly prominent, bitcoin is popular too and
it's more valuable but it's always fluctuating and can be reconsidered unstable compared to
dollar's stature.
Activity: 518
I do not think it will happen, because bitcoin is virtual money and bitcoin is also illegal, so it will not replace the dollar. maybe up to 500 years also will not happen.

500 years is much even for a dollar! LOL. No, it will not replace American money, but each time we will count our BTC we will think how much we have in dollars. BTC and USD should live together in peace.
Activity: 98
I think bitcion may not replace dollars  in 15years because it may not gain the popularity and acceptance  the dollar has but it may happen in the next 25years despite it's unpredictable.
Activity: 111
Dollar is already a strong currency, and i don't think dollar would replaced by bitcoin and other type of cryptocurrency, because in cryptocurrency  the value is constantly change, Its unpredictable depends on supply and demand whereas in dollar has its fixed value. Its impossible those things happen..
Pages:
Jump to: