Pages:
Author

Topic: Do You Think Bitcoin Will Replace Dollar Soon? - page 69. (Read 417177 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 260
Coinbase CEO believes bitcoin will replace dollar within 15 years.

Read the following news:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114983/coinbase-ceo-bitcoin-will-replace-dollar-within-15-years

Do you think it will be true? Are you positive towards bitcoin's future status?

Nope. I don't think so because we all know that bitcoin is a big thing and have some relationship to dollar. Somehow bitcoin can be convert and has a value to dollar. You can say that bitcoin is a another way of currency and it can be used as the way we use the dollar because some of the shops are accepting bitcoin also.
Activity: 691
Merit: 100
Apparently not, bitcoin just virtual currency despite having a huge market capitalization. Never be able to replace dollar as a universally accepted currency. But bitcoin and dollar can run side by side and complement each other.
Activity: 760
Merit: 109
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
Its true that bitcoin is getting so polular and have good  reputation.  But i don't that bitcoin will replace dollar soon. But considering its popularity,  its not impossible that bitcoin will replace dollar soon... let's see what will happen in future
Activity: 392
it could be that bitcoin replaces the dollar as bitcoin prices continue to rise, so nowadays so many people are using botcoin, I hope bitcoin can replace the money in the future.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
BIT is really a thing with alot of potential . but paper currency existed  before crypto and will exist after BTC
dollar will go digital but never gonna vanish from earth. Sad
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
        No,it seems very hard for bitcoin to replace US dollars within 15 years.Bitcoin has just crossed its first eight years.Yet it has a long journey to go.Bitcoin is still unknown to majority of people all over the world.But USD has been the global reserve currency for the past seventy years and it is almost accepted world wide.Many countries hold USD as the national reserve currency.Bitcoin has been legalized in just few countries.But bitcoin has some drawbacks like high volatility,no physical currency.
         So,it would take years to replace US Dollars.
Activity: 798
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
With the growth of bitcoin I think it would be possible, considering that the world government is in to bitcoin or cryptocurrency too. But I think its gonna be a long process and its gonna have lots of discussion, knowing that there are many large companies that are against bitcoin and the cryptocurrencies. But I think, nothing can stop the future.
The growth of Bitcoin doesn't matter and won't be a reason for it to replace dollar. Governments are not into things that they are not in control of. Government might start to regulate Bitcoin, but when it comes to replacing their currency, No, that's not possible, probably they would just create a cryptocurrency version of their fiat.

But, that's true, it may take many years.
Activity: 378
With the growth of bitcoin I think it would be possible, considering that the world government is in to bitcoin or cryptocurrency too. But I think its gonna be a long process and its gonna have lots of discussion, knowing that there are many large companies that are against bitcoin and the cryptocurrencies. But I think, nothing can stop the future.
Activity: 966
Merit: 342
As long as American economy keeps its leading positions, dollar is unlikely to lose in its value. In the US, Bitcoin is recognized as currency and is being treated as property, which basically means its status is close to the one of the $, only it is a decentralized currency, and thus doesn't have direct ties to the state. When comparing Bitcoin to Dollar, it's possible that with time using Bitcoin will become more prevalent than dollar. But, for example, no currency could completely replace gold from the market during history.
One could suggest Bitcoin won't completely replace dollar, but will be of equal economic power.

But how long will the American economy keeps its position with the enormous debt and current political situation? I'm afraid that will change soon.

And I do not understand your comparison with gold; I don't think fiat is even comparable with gold - just because fiat looses value with every new printed dollar bill while gold remains gold.
Activity: 434
Merit: 105
think this is a hard thing happened, many countries banned bitcoin whereas all countries make the dollar as the foreign exchange size and wealth. of course it took a longer time for at least 50 years to be able to replace the dollar.

Yeah, it will take more years for bitcoin to be able to replace the dollar. Dollar is the world currency. All countries accepts dollar and only few countries were accepting bitcoin. And a lot of people haven't heard about bitcoin. Majority of the people still prefer dollar.
Activity: 854
Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!
Bitcoin could replace the dollar if the user continues to increase, according to data that the user is circulating that bitcoin is not more than 1% of the world population, if it could reach 30% then I'm sure the bitcoin can already beat the dollar.
I think its not, because as my current expectation if we could count it from now there are many people who already new bitcoins and 1% of the world population is too possible as of now. Its just my own but i don't know where that data you said came from.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 254
Bitcoin could replace the dollar if the user continues to increase, according to data that the user is circulating that bitcoin is not more than 1% of the world population, if it could reach 30% then I'm sure the bitcoin can already beat the dollar.
Activity: 294
As long as American economy keeps its leading positions, dollar is unlikely to lose in its value. In the US, Bitcoin is recognized as currency and is being treated as property, which basically means its status is close to the one of the $, only it is a decentralized currency, and thus doesn't have direct ties to the state. When comparing Bitcoin to Dollar, it's possible that with time using Bitcoin will become more prevalent than dollar. But, for example, no currency could completely replace gold from the market during history.
One could suggest Bitcoin won't completely replace dollar, but will be of equal economic power.
Activity: 431
Merit: 250
 think this is a hard thing happened, many countries banned bitcoin whereas all countries make the dollar as the foreign exchange size and wealth. of course it took a longer time for at least 50 years to be able to replace the dollar.
Activity: 368
Merit: 104
Coinbase CEO believes bitcoin will replace dollar within 15 years.

Read the following news:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114983/coinbase-ceo-bitcoin-will-replace-dollar-within-15-years

Do you think it will be true? Are you positive towards bitcoin's future status?
Nope that cant happen. Maybe after 20 years or something. Many people doesnt even know what Bitcoin is and that is difficult to replace it.
First you must learn them how Bitcoin works and than you can replace it. So maybe later in the future.
I will agree with you in this context that many people are indeed still totally unaware of bitcoins. Their minds are blank about bitcoins or they don’t even have a simple concept of digital currencies. To make bitcoins replace dollar, we need to make bitcoins as much popular as dollar is.
That’s true. Bitcoins still need few years to replace dollar because they are older currencies and again same thing that you have also talked about i.e. popularity of these two. There is a big difference in the popularity of the both currencies. We need to push the common sue of bitcoins if we want them to replace dollar.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
I'm not sure bitcoin can replace dollar soon, this can be seen from marketcap in total, the dollar is still very large and maybe bitcoin is not more than 1% of total marketcap dollar, so it takes a very long time.
Activity: 574
Merit: 256
i think that nothing is impossible. The problem is only time, and time here will be counted as a millennium or more and I do not think we'll be alive to see that happen. But now I can be for sure that in the near future, bitcoin will replace the dollar because eventually everyone will use bitcoin.
You are right in bitcoin anything can happen any time because the use of the bitcoin is increasing more and more. The people who were not even accepting bitcoin are now ready to invest money in bitcoin. They are making good profit using bitcoin they will make the bitcoin more popular if they will start promoting bitcoin on TV as well I hope soon bitcoin will become the legal currency.
Activity: 840
Merit: 502
Not before long... Simply because the technological innovation is even now fairly younger and we want much more adopters.
Absolutely! It is not possible in the near future, but I think there is nothing in this world which cannot happen. Anything is possible and we cannot predict the future. There are chances that a day will come when we see Bitcoin replacing dollar. I think if this thing happens, then we may be able to see a completely different world.
It may not seem possible for  lot of people that bitcoin can replace the dollar because the dollar has been the most used currency worldwide for our entire lives, but that happens all the time, before the dollar the British pound was king among currencies until the day it was not and it was replaced by the dollar, so this is a process that has happened before and if the US keeps printing dollar then we are going to see bitcoin or other crypto replacing the dollar in the future.
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
I think no but they will similar at some time because both this money are very popular in different country like here in philippines,the transaction of dollar here in philippines is so fast to exchange in our own money called php and in bitcoin we have wallet that you can exchange also in a second both similar and good to know how to use
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060
Why does he even think like that in first place. It is the price difference and exchange capability of bitcoin and fiat currency which us making is rich. If that gets replaced with one currency then how we can get the profits or how we can differentiate ourselves with that price tag. I think it's not possible because it's just not well possible! There can not be two sun in the single solar system, it will burn the life. So there can not be two currency otherwise it will just break down the economy of country. The dollar bill is something related to traditions, old ways of trading and it will never get replaced in any time soon. Bitcoin is perfect fit in the internet world and might not just fit in the real world. So may be not this time.

While I do agree that two currencies cannot be the main currency of a country, I don't really agree that the world is all about tradition. The traditional way might be sending money with dollars. The traditional way might even be physical fiat but that's clearly not the case anymore. In this modern age, people don't really embrace traditions that much anymore. People seek something new everyday and bitcoin is something new. It's only a matter of time before bitcoin gets considered as a "cool" thing and people will follow the trend. These days, people are into bitcoin because of the ridiculous gains it had given us in the past couple of months.

Another thing, I do agree that bitcoin cannot be the main currency of a country together with their local currency because bitcoin is not taxable. The country will have no funds and so they will be forced to ban bitcoins (which is quite hard to do, impossible even) or put a huge percentage of tax for fiat currency users, which will then of course force them to use bitcoins instead.
Pages:
Jump to: