Pages:
Author

Topic: Do You Think Bitcoin Will Replace Dollar Soon? - page 87. (Read 417177 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 502
No bitcoin wont replace dollar, its just doesnt make any sense, dollars is recognized and used worldwide at transactions between countries, the fact of bitcoin could replace would be the end of fiat currencies, not saying it wont happen, but we will see another dollar digital money replacing old fiat dollar, atleast is what i believe. Bitcoin should get stable once mine period ends, and its possible to use it as wolrdwide currencie, instead 1 bitcoin we will use 1 satoshi, but bitcoin supply will be always be less and less since fees are required to process any transaction.
The problem is would you use a crypto dollar issued by the US government? Because I know I wont, you cannot use fiat dollars as you want can you imagine the amount of surveillance that it would go in a coin created by a government? A lot I suppose so I know that I wont hold such a coin.
Activity: 665
Merit: 250
As popular as anything happens to bitcoin, will never replace dollar. Because dollar always needed as a benchmark of all global financial activity. Also dollar accepted by all countries. Wherever we are, dollar remains acceptable. Different with bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
No bitcoin wont replace dollar, its just doesnt make any sense, dollars is recognized and used worldwide at transactions between countries, the fact of bitcoin could replace would be the end of fiat currencies, not saying it wont happen, but we will see another dollar digital money replacing old fiat dollar, atleast is what i believe. Bitcoin should get stable once mine period ends, and its possible to use it as wolrdwide currencie, instead 1 bitcoin we will use 1 satoshi, but bitcoin supply will be always be less and less since fees are required to process any transaction.

Yeah. Bitcoin can't replace the dollar, due to its decentralized nature which governments can take control over its supply and usage. Also, it has many underlying issues such as the ability to scale at a large user base worldwide. Another thing to point out is that Bitcoin is not truly fungible.

In the dollar, one dollar banknote is a dollar banknote. In Bitcoin, due to its pseudonymous nature, you can end up with transactions that come from another person with criminal records, thus making those Bitcoins highly distinguishable.

However, while Bitcoin may never replace the dollar, it will surely survive for many years to come. As it grows in acceptance in the mainstream world, it will become an alternative towards using fiat, for anyone who would like to secure their money and have control over their own wealth. Just my thoughts Grin
Activity: 2926
Merit: 636
No, i don't think that Bitcoin will replace dollar soon as Bitcoin can't work offline like the conventional dollar. Moreover dollar is regarded as global currency because it is accepted by everyone in this world but Bitcoin is not that popular. I don't think Bitcoin will be able to replace dollar anytime soon.
That can be a reason for bitcoin to not get accepted in the world of finance because it can't work offline. Bitcoin and dollar are the same currency but for the usage for being online and offline they are not the same because bitcoin is a dependent in the internet and dollar can work by its own even without internet.
And I guess it's illegal to make a hard currency for bitcoin without the regulation of the government, they wanted to regulate everything and we will have to abide in the law. Bitcoin is only popular as an online payment processor, so that would simply explain that it does not have all the essentials a dollar possess.
Activity: 420
Merit: 282
I don't think bitcoin will replace dollar soon simply because there's very little amount of people using bitcoin as opposed to the amount of people using dollars. There are currencies that have more userbase than bitcoin and are second to dollar's userbase but we don't see that overcoming dollar. Dollar is a dominant currency and it will continue to be like that unless we reach a new world order where there's only one government and only one currency. Although I still doubt that the new currency that we will be using is bitcoin because it's the bypasses the government's laws for money.
Even how long bitcoin fluctuates in the market as currency, I think bitcoin cannot replace dollars. Due to good reputation of dollars in the market, most of the people wants to earn dollars than bitcoin.
Activity: 113
Merit: 100
I don't think bitcoin will replace dollar soon simply because there's very little amount of people using bitcoin as opposed to the amount of people using dollars. There are currencies that have more userbase than bitcoin and are second to dollar's userbase but we don't see that overcoming dollar. Dollar is a dominant currency and it will continue to be like that unless we reach a new world order where there's only one government and only one currency. Although I still doubt that the new currency that we will be using is bitcoin because it's the bypasses the government's laws for money.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
No, i don't think that Bitcoin will replace dollar soon as Bitcoin can't work offline like the conventional dollar. Moreover dollar is regarded as global currency because it is accepted by everyone in this world but Bitcoin is not that popular. I don't think Bitcoin will be able to replace dollar anytime soon.
That can be a reason for bitcoin to not get accepted in the world of finance because it can't work offline. Bitcoin and dollar are the same currency but for the usage for being online and offline they are not the same because bitcoin is a dependent in the internet and dollar can work by its own even without internet.
Activity: 462
Activity: 1050
Merit: 252
Not possible, the dollar as a cash currency may have its position has been much shifted by the virtual currency including BTC, but kalu until replaceable is not possible because not everyone can use virtual money as a means of financial exchange. They still need cash currency including dollars
Exactly, where can you see a legal currency own and controlled by the government will be replace by something new that is decentralized?
I think it will never gonna happen, let's just enjoy what bitcoin has recently achieve and let's not be unrealistic.
correct logic will dictates that dollars already known by the world unlike btc that only evolves with people who have idea about internet
we should enjoy how the market went by now and hope for more coming from this system.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
https://trueflip.io/
Not possible, the dollar as a cash currency may have its position has been much shifted by the virtual currency including BTC, but kalu until replaceable is not possible because not everyone can use virtual money as a means of financial exchange. They still need cash currency including dollars
Exactly, where can you see a legal currency own and controlled by the government will be replace by something new that is decentralized?
I think it will never gonna happen, let's just enjoy what bitcoin has recently achieve and let's not be unrealistic.
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 2736
Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o
they say if it ain't broke, don't fix it and right now the dollar is holding up well and we have no reason to have it replaced which leaves coexistence to be the only option for now.

It seems like this is an impossible and difficult mission to be realized in the near future, we all know because the dollar is the strongest currency of the world and fully supported by the strongest country of USA.
I wouldnt say impossible because all it takes is its users to understand other available forms of money before they shift to cryptocurrencies like bitcoin and do away with fiat/ dollar.
Activity: 658
Activity: 322
Merit: 252
No matter how good bitcoin is, it would never replace fiat, specially Dollar, remember that printed money has been around for centuries, and printed money makes banks richer because of the fees, so you really think bitcoin will replace it? do you think the banks will let it happen? no way...
Bitcoin has so low fees to send money instantly to another country, like $1 per transaction (aproximately), if you wanna make a bank transaction to another country then the fees are like $30.
This is one of the reasons why bitcoin could never replace banks and fiat money, because of banks.
Agreed, I don't think bitcoin will replace dollar soon, even though reputation and trust and also brand have been already build and testifies that bitcoin is a great currency, this doesn't equate to reliability and global acceptance, as we can see bitcoin is still infant in it's state as a technology. Government will not let bitcoin to replace dollar or any fiat money anytime soon, they will let bitcoin as an emerging currency to be used online with regulating bitcoin with their own policies.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 253
It seems like this is an impossible and difficult mission to be realized in the near future, we all know because the dollar is the strongest currency of the world and fully supported by the strongest country of USA.
Activity: 264
Bitcoin will never replace the dollar because it is impossible to manage. The us economy cannot survive in the current economic conditions. We see a constantly growing foreign debt and a relatively stable dollar. It's a bubble. But he allows US to be the No. 1 country in the world. What will the American government with bitcoin?
Bitcoins are not going to replace dollar but yes, it is possible for bitcoins to be used in America or any country simultaneously. Those who are fond of dollar and think of them their asset as well mark of identity; they won’t ever let American government to totally eradicate dollars.
yes that is right that it is not so easy that bitcoin will replace dollar so soon. i think it will take centuries, because currently USD is the best currency of the world and i think it will continue as number one for a long time, i think when the users of bitcoin will increase too much then it may become possible that bitcoin will replace dollar.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
U.S. dollar is a big scam, maybe we could replace early next year or the sooner the better.

But they won't anyone to do this. We know that they are powerful and they won't any single lad to touch and replace their currencies. There will be no replacement of US dollar or any currency of a country because it is their money and they have the control on it while bitcoin, they don't have control with it.
Activity: 1009
Merit: 328
No i think it cant relace the dollar soon because they are not similar and they are not the same in principle dollar and bitcoin have manny different principle.
Activity: 160
It will still take a long time for bitcoin to fully replace fiat money, but it is already a more and more viable store of value... gold will also not replace the dollar.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 6086
Meh.
Stock markets falling
House markets falling
Traditional trading failing
Gold rising
BTC exploding

You get the picture.. We are getting closer each and every day now.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 528
I will not replace dollar as the national currency of the United States, but it will as the reserve currency of the world. Russia will do it, and more and more people will then follow.

Who would want to replace the USD as the national currency of the United State? It is a good digital currency and we all know it can't replace USD and other Fiats in the circulation of the country. It will stay as a digital currency used in some transactions and payment.
I think they will not use digital currency but will use another digital currency, an altcoin to be used in their country as a national digital currency.
Pages:
Jump to: