Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think Bitcoins has a great future in India? - page 2. (Read 4922 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

There is no such thing as bad publicity.
The media attention on Silk Road probably got a lot of people's attention and initiated people into Bitcoin (not necessarily to buy drugs).

There is because while alot of "cyberpunks" got interested, bad stories like that keep big investors away unfortunately.

Imagine if we can convince Bill Gates or Warren Buffett to invest 10 billion $ each, into bitcoin. It would be a better publicity than 1000 new nerds joining bitcoin just to do faucets...
Activity: 826
Merit: 263
Never heard something about BTC there.. I think the future of BTC is when people more known BTC is..
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023
i think bitcoin has great future in india
maybe they're not just that exposed about bitcoin and its
potential to get them more interested

I think not only in india many other countries bitcoin is not popular now. Once it got accepted in many businesses then slowly whole world will come to know about it.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 1901
Shuffle.com
i think bitcoin has great future in india
maybe they're not just that exposed about bitcoin and its
potential to get them more interested
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
The literacy rates in India too have been growing tremendously anually. I think that even if the English speaking class displays interest in bitcoin, it could really be a nice opportunity for bitcoin to shine. 10% of India speaks the English language fluently, leaving a market of more than 125 million people. In fact, India’s population is more than the combined population of US, Russia, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, South Africa, Japan, UK, Germany, Australia, Italy, Spain and New Zealand! Wink

Corruption too is high in India. Wink
If a small portion of bribe payments were routed through bitcoins, the price would receive a massive boost.

and the image of Bitcoin would be hurt even more, and probably BTC would be banned in India and other places.

Like Silk Road, Gox and drug dealers aren't enough

luckily though, they havent experienced any of these situations, like most have.
so I hope that those past history lessons just dont resurface and focus on the better parts of bitcoin.

There is no such thing as bad publicity.
The media attention on Silk Road probably got a lot of people's attention and initiated people into Bitcoin (not necessarily to buy drugs).
Activity: 994
The literacy rates in India too have been growing tremendously anually. I think that even if the English speaking class displays interest in bitcoin, it could really be a nice opportunity for bitcoin to shine. 10% of India speaks the English language fluently, leaving a market of more than 125 million people. In fact, India’s population is more than the combined population of US, Russia, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, South Africa, Japan, UK, Germany, Australia, Italy, Spain and New Zealand! Wink

If a small portion of bribe payments were routed through bitcoins, the price would receive a massive boost.

and the image of Bitcoin would be hurt even more, and probably BTC would be banned in India and other places.

luckily though, they havent experienced any of these situations, like most have.

so I hope that those past history lessons just dont resurface and focus on the better parts of bitcoin.

I was questioning 'what-if' there is already bribery being exchanged in India in terms of bitcoin, what if there is tax fraud taking place in India more often then what people know? There has been increase in bitcoin owners in India from the past 3 years, even bitcoin ventures are functioning through India, there is VPN and many ways to hide IP and ID, I think there is already trade in a more smarter and secret class of Indians
Activity: 224
Merit: 100

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1005

Activity: 210

Haha, so who wants to volunteer becoming the indsider politician for us.

Corruption in general is everywhere, i think the important thing though is that if theres a chance of awareness for the indian people then we still have a shot regardless corruption or not. Its just slower growth.
Activity: 210
Hello Friends,

Visited India few weeks back, and as we all know that it is a highly populated country, with some very great corporates and highly educated people, Some big IT companies also have their offices in India, But for my surprise very few of the population of India are aware about the bitcoins.

What could be the reason behind it?

Lack of awareness level
Government not supporting bitcoins
Banks not supporting too
Or people resist change

Looking at the population of India, If bitcoins gets positive feedback even from the half of the population from Indians, I believe it would a win - win situation for the bitcoin community.

It will be a win win win if it advertised correctly.

Yeah that keyword is advertised correctly.

But in general, if thats true what that persons saying, and the lack awareness level is that bad we really shouldnt expect anything in the near future then.

Unless some serious financially situation happens forcing their hand.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1104
Hello Friends,

Visited India few weeks back, and as we all know that it is a highly populated country, with some very great corporates and highly educated people, Some big IT companies also have their offices in India, But for my surprise very few of the population of India are aware about the bitcoins.

What could be the reason behind it?

Lack of awareness level
Government not supporting bitcoins
Banks not supporting too
Or people resist change

Looking at the population of India, If bitcoins gets positive feedback even from the half of the population from Indians, I believe it would a win - win situation for the bitcoin community.

It will be a win win win if it advertised correctly.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

Activity: 994
No, because there are not so many computer users in India. India is very poor country, and in foreseen future I do not see any possible changes in India  Smiley

I think your wrong most of the indian educated people are technical graduates only not exposed to bitcoins. There are over 1.5 Million engineering pass outs in India every year but they do not have an idea of bitcoin use. As of now bitcoin market itself not matured and is limited to less the 4 billion dollar market. So lets think on how to grow first in developed countries instead India. I don't think even 10% population are using bitcoins in USA and other developed countries.

It is true, if all educated people in India wants to buy bitcoins then it will be bitcoin shortage in market  Wink  Where to go then?

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
For it to have future there there'd need someone to provide products competitive to what people in other countries have access to. If you read the news today, a startup dedicated to providing financial services to unbanked dropped bitcoin from their services because of the high cost trading bitcoin in Aftica would require.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
There is a lot of poverty in India and lack of resources for a huge part of the population but as India is emerging as the most populated nation on earth, surpassing China, if there is a collective hoard of people beginning to adopt it then it could take hold and benefit especially a lot of areas where there are no banking facilities. Even in a village you could get one computer in every village and every villager can access his bitcoin account from that one computer..You don't need huge resources for people to have their own wallet..It may be a cheaper way for people to use and access money having one computer in every village or all the villagers each having a smartphone given to them, maybe can generate wealth for many many who have nothing or no access to banking. I think it could be a game changer in India if they see it in this light.
legendary
Activity: 1120
IM sure bitcoin will be great to be biggest online payment at world also at india
legendary
Activity: 1456
No, because there are not so many computer users in India. India is very poor country, and in foreseen future I do not see any possible changes in India  Smiley

I think your wrong most of the indian educated people are technical graduates only not exposed to bitcoins. There are over 1.5 Million engineering pass outs in India every year but they do not have an idea of bitcoin use. As of now bitcoin market itself not matured and is limited to less the 4 billion dollar market. So lets think on how to grow first in developed countries instead India. I don't think even 10% population are using bitcoins in USA and other developed countries.

It is true, if all educated people in India wants to buy bitcoins then it will be bitcoin shortage in market  Wink  Where to go then?
Activity: 568
Merit: 500
Smoke weed everyday!
Bitcoin has a great future everywhere, India is also a big place where are you getting your stats from that says there are less users there than in other countries? Please don't tell me because you visited a few places and less than 0.000001% you see didn't know about Bitcoin.

You are right thinking if half the population is positive about it becoming very successful indeed, less than that will do the job. In good time many countries around the world will know about Bitcoin, we need to be patient and help it along its way.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006
No, because there are not so many computer users in India. India is very poor country, and in foreseen future I do not see any possible changes in India  Smiley

Activity: 20
Merit: 0
With the way free trade is moving,  I believe more jobs will going to where the labor is cheapest.  I believe there is potential for bitcoin in India,  But it is gonna be at least another 10 years.
Pages:
Jump to: