Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think bitcoins will disapear or become unused? - page 20. (Read 26777 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
disappear i don't think, unused maybe, who can says that, we will see in the future but i'm a lot optimistic

I don't think that Bitcoin will become unused at least for the near future. A very big community are already using Bitcoin and invested huge amounts to make trades with this powerful crypto currency, so i think it will continue supporting it for the coming few years at least
Activity: 560
Bitcoin could be replaced with some other coin one or more coins or tokens that can trade in real life for different goods
 ..Bitcoin is good but cannot answer every question of economy l think.
We dont have only dollar in the world!
We could easily see rising of other coins as we adopt bitcoin..
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!
disappear i don't think, unused maybe, who can says that, we will see in the future but i'm a lot optimistic
Activity: 672
Maybe in the very distant future Bitcoin may stop getting used. But not anytime soon. Bitcoin is just starting up really.

All depends people who using bitcoin, they want stop using it or continue using it in future. So i can't decide, bitcoin will not unused in future
Activity: 532
Maybe in the very distant future Bitcoin may stop getting used. But not anytime soon. Bitcoin is just starting up really.
yeah it's possible, but do not think of it first, we have just begun, bitcoin was aged corn, bitcoin is still a long lifespan
we can still use it for more 100 decades
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Activity: 75
Merit: 10

Well said... Internet is becoming as Oxygen. No life without internet in many part of the world. If any problem in internet, then  the balance of world economy and people's life will be heavily affected as of today itself.

i assume your part of the american 60% that dont own a passport...............

while your statement could have been worded better, like many parts of the world
where there is life there is internet, that i would agree
but to say no life without internet is a very naive comment
have you actually travelled the world ?
many countries i have been there is no internet, or even when they do have it is limited to cities
with life THRIVING in rural communities with no internet
many places i have traveled have no even had electric, unless from generators or sun or wind
dont get me wrong the network is forever expanding, and will eventually reach the entire globe very soon
but today is not that day, and even then there will still be people in places that will not get connected for a long time even if they do have access.

Take a trip to North Sentinel Island, and show them how good an iphone is.
The problem is that the people that doesn't use it is the majority of the planet.

"the majority of the planet" dont use crack
"the majority of the planet" dont use facebook
"the majority of the planet" dont use iphones
"the majority of the planet" dont use starbucks
"the majority of the planet" dont use netflix
"the majority of the planet" dont use US Dollars
"the majority of the planet" dont use tennis raquets
"the majority of the planet" dont even use the internet

do i need to go on ?

number of users that use internet http://www.internetlivestats.com/internet-users/

but it must be said that even if they are not the majority, you can not really count on 7B people, because you need to remove children that are very young, and third world people that do not have access to certain tech
yes, and then you need to consider people that count as 2, 3 or 4 users, as they will be counting devices,
my home has 8 devices connected (near constantly) yet only 2 people
and then you also need to think about how many of the worlds population are not even counted towards it
many places in the world people are still not registered, and cannot register themselves
no birth certificate and just cannot become part of any system
this is common throughout Asia, so 7B is under the actual number

and i did see the link already and while it may be increasing based on past trend, the counter on there is simply increasing without any realtime data

and your last comment about, you cannot count third world people because they do not have access to certain tech.....
do you mean these people do not count towards the majority of mankind ?
like these are not real people.........
just because you have access to and embrace technology, it does not mean everyone would, many cultures reject it, dont want it as they have no need for it.
it does not make them less of a people that you do not count them as people
humans are humans whether we live in a mud hut or skyline penthouse
having an iphone does not make you more important or more advanced than a man living in the mountains where there is no connection
take your iphone off grid and see how useful it is
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 1128
The problem is that the people that doesn't use it is the majority of the planet.

do i need to go on ?

number of users that use internet http://www.internetlivestats.com/internet-users/

but it must be said that even if they ar enot the majority, you cna not really count on 7B people, because you need to remove children that are very young, and third world people that do not have access to certain tech

Well said... Internet is becoming as Oxygen. No life without internet in many part of the world. If any problem in internet, then  the balance of world economy and people's life will be heavily affected as of today itself.

In my city, I could not find any mail services other than some heavy parcel services.
No queue in theaters for ticket booking/ Electricity bill paying or even train booking. Internet took control of these services.

Same way bitcoin will replace banking systems and money transfer facilities. I guess people will forget ATMs.
Activity: 555
Merit: 252

do i need to go on ?

but it must be said that even if they ar enot the majority, you cna not really count on 7B people, because you need to remove children that are very young, and third world people that do not have access to certain tech

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
no one can ' know , only time will give us the answers to this question . for sure $6,725,901,524.25 of market crap are not disappearing so easy

these are not real money. they are some numbers on a screen. do you really think that someone would pay you 1 billion cash(via bank wire) if would have this amount in Bitcoin? No exchanger will send you... even 300 mil USD Smiley

Get real!
the so called "capitalization" is a fiction. there is no cash to cover these money. there were not 6 billions IN so there cannot be 6 billions OUT. These numbers are from thin air on a computer screen.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019
I don't think Bitcoins will disappear all of a sudden. The adoption of Bitcoins by larger merchants and even smaller merchants in areas where Bitcoin isn't popular will take time. If you've read about Bitcoin's acceptance by payment gateways you'll realize it's slowly and always has been improving in expanding its wings. We'll just have to patiently wait and use it.
Bitcoins didn't come in full force just to disappear or become unused so soon. It has a long lasting life now in this world. And I  can see that this Bitcoins will survive more than 10 years.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070

do i need to go on ?

but it must be said that even if they are not the majority, you can not really count on 7B people, because you need to remove children that are very young, and third world people that do not have access to certain tech
the community really needs to help though, and introduce bitcoin to everyone they know
even if just for everyone you know to purchase 0.1BTC and store as paper as a very small low risk investment
who knows the value it will have in 10-20 years

that would be first step just to introduce to friends and family, but once you show people where they can spend
and explain if the prices continues to rise as it should due to limited supply and increasing demand
with BTC you can buy today and save tomorrow, when spending.

now is also the time to show friends and family, even if they give you $2 towards BTC and next month you give them $2.20 back
thats 10%, anyone with half a braincell will understand 10% profit and would be quickly interested, at worst you wait a bit longer.

maybe a bitcoin pin or something would be good to wear so people can see you know about bitcoin, and may ask questions if interested.

Bitcoin simply needs to be in the face of the masses for the masses to take note.
Activity: 616
Merit: 603
I don't think Bitcoins will disappear all of a sudden. The adoption of Bitcoins by larger merchants and even smaller merchants in areas where Bitcoin isn't popular will take time. If you've read about Bitcoin's acceptance by payment gateways you'll realize it's slowly and always has been improving in expanding its wings. We'll just have to patiently wait and use it.
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1174
It can happen. Blockchain as a technology may become adopted without bitcoin and work to help in internet transaction backed by fiat.
forgot to mention you can now intergrate coinbase with braintree which is a paypal company

https://www.braintreepayments.com/features/coinbase
mass adoption will come when ebay and amazon accept bitcoin, and other companies like netflix
these will be HUGE steps for BTC

both ebay and paypal have shown interest in BTC
and now paypal have named Wences Casares to its board of directors is a clear sign

Paypal know they must act quick, but once you can fund paypal accounts with bitcoin
accept and spend BTC via your paypal account and/or paypal card
and then also withdraw BTC via paypal card into cash

these will be huge steps for mass adoption
every single ebay seller will quickly jump on BTC when they can accept it
as no VAT or tax
and no doubt paypal will have an exchange making it seamless for buyers to buy bitcoin when making a purchase
the masses will be adopting it without even having to do anything,
Activity: 2016
Merit: 322
Bitcoin will never disappear or become unused.
What is possible, bitcoin can become less attractive and less used over time and some other crypto currency can become more famous among users.
We will see soon if BTC will finally become mainstream or some other virtual currency will replace bitcoin and become more popular.

I do not see any other currency or payment processor has potential to become more popular than bitcoin in near future or in this century. So, bitcoin has no chances to disappear or become unused.

do i need to go on ?
Pages:
Jump to: