Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think cryptocurrencies have the potential to overtake regular currencies? - page 11. (Read 4078 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 114
I am sure crypto currencies started ruling the currency market and this has caused the countries ban bitcoin in the respected counrtries. Crypto has bit shaken the gorvenments in recent days. Few countries announced that bitcoiin is illegal and many started adapting it knowing the benefits behind. Many have trusted in crypto and invested in it assuring a good trun over. The potential exists, but for the moment is just potential. I believe that current solutions have plenty of technical credibility and enough processing power, but they are not commercially viable as they are.
First of all, suppose to know that regular currency and cryptocurrency are two things that are very unique and have their own utility. Why do people always compare and argue about cryptocurrency who will overthrow the regular currency? I just want to ask one thing only, this is an absolute question that can overcome all arguments and debate about all this. What is the fate of those living in the village and the traditional environment? Should not they use cash and ordinary currency? Even smartphones they do not have. Especially if told to use the technology and learn the cryptocurrency market? That would be too complicated and inconvenient for them.
Activity: 167
Merit: 10
Would banks and governments actively work and implement countermeasures to undermine this process? Are the underestimating the potential of cryptocurrencies by investing in some of them?
Do you think there is a possibility of cryptocurrencies being banned in the future for the reason of being a threat to "normal" currencies?

Im not sure governments are going to happily accept bitcoin as a replacement for their fiat currencies. You have to ask yourself: why? what do they win doing that?

Why would governments replace their currencies, which they control, for a currency that nobody controls? It makes no sense.

I see bitcoin as a neutral asset like gold primarily, secondarily as a currency, and it will depend on the people using it or not. The big mistake is considering bitcoin before digital gold, because that's where big blockers ruin everything.
It can replace the regular currency of the cryptocurrency because bitcoin is so convenient to use rather than the regular currency. We as a supporter of bitcoin we can push through the importance of bitcoin to use. I agree that bitcoin as neutral asset like gold is a primary and secondary currency that depend on the people using it or not. Just be slowly but surely in using bitcoin because other people like the government did not know properly the bitcoin.
Activity: 237
Merit: 43
The potential exists, but for the moment is just potential. I believe that current solutions have plenty of technical credibility and enough processing power, but they are not commercially viable as they are.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Would banks and governments actively work and implement countermeasures to undermine this process? Are the underestimating the potential of cryptocurrencies by investing in some of them?
Do you think there is a possibility of cryptocurrencies being banned in the future for the reason of being a threat to "normal" currencies?

Nope not gonna happen even for centuries. This is called cryptocurrencies, it s.anpnymous hard to tracked maybe cant be. If it were to happen it would be absird and pure idiocy. All crypto's cant overtake any real/state currency but the price however it has the legality and full potential to be spend.
It cannot really happen as of today since not all countries accept bitcoin so there is no tendency yet that it gonna happen, not this time maybe if it will happen after more than 5 decades when many cryptocurrencies were finally adapt by countries.
it could be done as time goes by , the problem are how much time it will cost? a lot of time of course , just look at internet where 20 years ago it is something that most people confused about , we think will never have reach internet era.

and then we have recognized internet as a primary needs in the last 5 years. the potential are there but not for soon.

Goverments can restrict people
Activity: 512
Merit: 11
they have ability to replace other investment ways but it’s hard to be used daily with 1 million transction every hour.
bank system is more acceptable more than cryptocurrencies.
people exchange them cryptocurrencies after earn from it.
even more of humanity is not ready for any experiment based on digital currencies. Just imagine how old people and children will use Bitcoin, in order to buy milk and bread. I honestly can not imagine this, because it requires certain knowledge and capabilities. But both of them have no children.
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

I think the banks themselves will need to equip themselves with more information on Cryptocurrency and the blockchain itself if they will be countering Cryptocurrency itself. This means banks will adopt and adapt to blockchain first before wanting to use their findings against them. I will think that along the line, they will get bought over when convinced to make full use of the blockchain themselves.
Activity: 882
Merit: 517
cloverdex.io
I am sure crypto currencies started ruling the currency market and this has caused the countries ban bitcoin in the respected counrtries. Crypto has bit shaken the gorvenments in recent days. Few countries announced that bitcoiin is illegal and many started adapting it knowing the benefits behind. Many have trusted in crypto and invested in it assuring a good trun over. 
Activity: 1190
Merit: 525
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
soon we will get more investors from stocks market cause ICOs are changing the market to a stocks market.
after geting more investors crypto will overtake regular ones
I think it is too early to say about that, i think that it will surely take more that decade because still most of the people do not have any idea about bitcoin and i think that even if some people know about it still they are not taking any risk to invest a lot of money in crypto currency. therefore we cannot think that it will replace fiat currency so soon.

The event's speed in this world isn't constant. Each new year things happen faster than in the previous year. I believe Crypto-Currency will get enough power to overcome regular currencies faster than we imagine. The Crypto-Currencies popularity is increasing too fast and it causes a chain effect over people's minds that it's hard to predict its real potential, what we know is that it's big.

And I think people are investing hard in Crypto-Currency, some rich guys see the niche as a profit opportunity and invest hard on developers and projects. Fiat doesn't need to be replaced, it can continue existing and being used, the fact is that its hegemony will finish.
Activity: 173
Merit: 12
If you mean as a legal tender form of currencies, i do not think cryptocurrencies will overtake regular currencies.

But if you mean as a total market cap, for cryptocurrencies to overtake fiat currencies, it is only a matter of time.

Even at this point, BTC marketcap is already higher than some State backed currencies.

At the end of the day, do we really need btc or any crypto currencies to take over the role of fiat currencies?

I see both currencies serving different purposes and should survive side by side. Fiat currencies (maybe in the form of crypto)

must exist for a country to manage the economy. Without a national currency, a government will not be able to manage the

economy.

I think there could be some cryptocurrencies that will be accepted as legal tender and be used for payments, but largely I think most cryptocurrencies will be viewed as Assets. Except Japan of course as it already sees BTC as legal tender.

If cryptocurrencies are viewed as storage of value and as an asset like Gold is right now, then it will not compete with fiat currencies as

a legal tender currency. Thereby allow crypto to survive as govt will feel less threat.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
I think it takes a long way and years to happen. For now, people are more on fiat currency since it is easy and comfortable to manage by on hand cause it doesn't need a connection from internet.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
soon we will get more investors from stocks market cause ICOs are changing the market to a stocks market.
I think it is too early to say about that, i think that it will surely take more that decade because still most of the people do not have any idea about bitcoin and i think that even if some people know about it still they are not taking any risk to invest a lot of money in crypto currency. therefore we cannot think that it will replace fiat currency so soon.
ask
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004
Activity: 406
Merit: 105
Yes there is a huge possibility that cryptocurrencies can overtake regular currency because as far as i know crypto keep on spreading and majority of the people who knew about cryptos are so happy using and investing in it. What i don't know is if the government will allow it because as we all know crypto users like almost everyone of us got our privacy with our saving and government cannot collect taxes from us.
Activity: 359
Merit: 100

The potential for cryptocurrencies to replace regular currencies is there but it is never going to happen, governments are never going to allow it and if at some point it seems as if that is going to happen then prepare for cryptocurrencies to become illegal, only when all the financial system collapse we could see something like that happening and even at that point regular currencies will keep on existing since in many parts of the world you still need to use cash for most of your transactions.

Banking institutions will really not allow crypto's to take over what they have established for many centuries. That's why you will hear governments all over the world trying to put a halt on the booming crypto industries. It will drastically impact the economics of every government but in a positive manner. But I doubt they have thought about it, what they contemplate is that crypto will take over and make banks and regular fiat obsolete.

If the government support crypto currencies it will definitely overtake normal currencies used by people in the world but it do not possible without the support of government and banks i hope soon it will be possible .
On my own perception on that situation, I would say yes there is a huge chance that the regular currencies will overtake by the the crypto currencies. As of this very moment in some point its not the same usage of the two kinds of currencies due to the fact that the crypto currencies are so huge gap of ups and downs which doesn't have a consistent value unlike on normal currencies is stable. Thus, the two kinds of currencies have different usage and capabilities which means they are important in the society as well as in the crypto community.
Activity: 148
Merit: 3
Yes, but it will be a smooth transition in the coming years. A lot of cryptos will die and others will maintain to become even stronger in its most usable environment.
Regulations will follow sooner or later because every state needs taxes as income.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
Yes, I am very positive that cryptocurrency can overtake regular currency but it will take time for it to happen and there will be ups and down first before it will be implemented. A lot of people will have hard time to adjust specially those who are not familiar with computers.
Adjusting to bitcoin will not become hard for the people because almost all the people are now used to computers since the computers and other technology are already here since a lot of few years ago. If bitcoin overtake the regular currencies then there will be no problem since people can easily adjust since bitcoin is easy to use.
Activity: 798
Merit: 502
Yes, I am very positive that cryptocurrency can overtake regular currency but it will take time for it to happen and there will be ups and down first before it will be implemented. A lot of people will have hard time to adjust specially those who are not familiar with computers.
Activity: 812
Merit: 250
something is possible, however in my opinion crypto-currencies have outgrown the attain of any precise government. they may attempt, russia tried and deserted the idea. I think the opposite might be the case and governments will embody it however will develop their personal block chains.

Russia is a big country, they deserve to develop their own blockchain technology. this is just a matter of competition between super power states.
This business may be successful but it is difficult to compete with Bitcoin and the large community of all countries in the World.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
something is possible, however in my opinion crypto-currencies have outgrown the attain of any precise government. they may attempt, russia tried and deserted the idea. I think the opposite might be the case and governments will embody it however will develop their personal block chains.

then that today you will be the state begins to develop its national crypto currency, this is indeed so. That's just necessary to take into account that if the duration of the transaction and their cost will be such as today has Bitcoin, then popularity can not be among people. Not everyone can afford this.
Activity: 881
Merit: 500
CyberTrade
I don't think cryptocurrencies are about to overtake fiat currencies. But that even isn't their purpose.
They are too unstable with too much different limitations and the financial system based on them would be too chaotic. But still they have and will have in the future very importnt rule and with time more and more people will accept them.
I think this will be possible later in the future.Since it is time of digitization,cryptocurrencies are getting popular and more and more people have now started using cryptocurrencies like bitcoin,ethereum etc.Transactions through cryptocurrencies is much more easier than regular  currencies.More and more people are investing in cryptocurrencies as the profit margin is very large.
Pages:
Jump to: