Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think cryptocurrencies have the potential to overtake regular currencies? - page 15. (Read 4078 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 102
Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies will remain to be the currency of the internet if governments will continue its restrictions and will not allow any virtual currency to be use publicly. So it is not possible for the virtual currencies to overtake any regular currencies. If the banks and other financial institutions support the use of cryptocurrencies, the use of these virtual currencies will grow and the chance to overtake the fiat currency is high.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025
With the number of users increasing rapidly, then the biggest threat to the traditional financial system is cryptocurrency, I'm sure it will be difficult to stop cryptocurrency because everyone supports it.

Many find crypto much efficient especially fir international transaction and in fast transaction other than with bank helps or regular fiats like in using in huge amount transactions ,btc or those crypto than uses specifically to ease transactions were indeed helpful.
In fact, what brought me into the cryptocurrency space was the fact that I could make international transactions easily without the limitations placed by my country and since then I have never had any issue with this and this is one reason I cannot stop being a real believer of bitcoin no matter what.

Cryptocurrencies really have the potential to overtake fiat and as people keep seeing the huge importance of crypto over fiat, they will gradually start moving into crypto.
Activity: 994
Merit: 252
I don't think so, because why governments would agree to this. It's not in their interest so far. They control national currencies and aren't interested in replacing them with cryptocurrencies.
Governments have something else with these coins they always want to control the whole currency level in their country. And as far as bitcoin or any other altcoins are concerned, these governments don’t allow this to be implemented in their country because then they can’t control the whole thing. This can be a threat to them if they allow cryptocurrencies working in their countries.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041
With the number of users increasing rapidly, then the biggest threat to the traditional financial system is cryptocurrency, I'm sure it will be difficult to stop cryptocurrency because everyone supports it.
It is a huge threat and I am sure the banks already know that and the craziest part is that at this stage and the rate at which cryptocurrency has boomed, it is totally unstoppable and that is why they do not have any choice than to find how the government can benefit and not get left out at the end of the day.

Regular currencies though will get wiped out eventually when things go digital, even though it will take just some few decades before we end up seeing that.
Activity: 210
Merit: 15
Would banks and governments actively work and implement countermeasures to undermine this process? Are the underestimating the potential of cryptocurrencies by investing in some of them?
Do you think there is a possibility of cryptocurrencies being banned in the future for the reason of being a threat to "normal" currencies?

Governments have already accepted the presence of cryptocurrencies. Some governments are taking initiatives to somehow regulate it.
Activity: 2422
Merit: 357
I hope it may not. If Bitcoin has going to overcome our existing currencies i think our countries should adopt and adjust to it. Instead of making it illegal or ban it, why not make some technologies that will support its growth.
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
I don't think so, because why governments would agree to this. It's not in their interest so far. They control national currencies and aren't interested in replacing them with cryptocurrencies.

It is normal to see government trying hard to attack everything about cryptocurrencies, but you know why it is so hard, most governments have a democratic system and that is why it is so hard to ban bitcoin and the only thing they can ever do is to find ways to frustrate the usage of crypto like what IRS is doing presently in the states.

However, on a normal ground and with the great features that cryptocurrencies have over fiat, there is a huge possibility that fiat can be overtaken. Wait and see what happens when people start realizing the usefulness rather than just being an asset.
to date, the utility of the crypto currency in the real life of a person is quite strong, But this applies only to individual projects and individual coins. Speaking of Bitcoin, Bitcoin is starting to grow again today, but its real cost is greatly inflated.
Activity: 644
Merit: 299

It is normal to see government trying hard to attack everything about cryptocurrencies, but you know why it is so hard, most governments have a democratic system and that is why it is so hard to ban bitcoin and the only thing they can ever do is to find ways to frustrate the usage of crypto like what IRS is doing presently in the states.

However, on a normal ground and with the great features that cryptocurrencies have over fiat, there is a huge possibility that fiat can be overtaken. Wait and see what happens when people start realizing the usefulness rather than just being an asset.
Activity: 476
Merit: 259
I think it will get banned because no government will want to get disturbed by external currency or third party currency. They will never want their traditional currency to be dissolved just because of bitcoin or other coins due to it's high rates. There is difference in them and bitcoin might get troubles, a lot of trouble when it will come as currency to trade in the real life. The first thing is, it's decentralised and price of which would be fluctuating as always. This will lead o chaos when we will buy or sell stuff for it, as the rates wouldn't be fixed we may need to pay more or less all the time.

That's also what I was thinking.

Bitcoin has no chance against the major currencies as governments will never let it happen.\

There is no way that the government will give up on the ability to be able to control the inflation, and to regulate it's currency.
The whole market goes up at the moment because regulators hasn't touched bitcoin yet, but once they will, it's going to be an huge mess for bitcoin and it's hard to know how low the total market cap could reach.

Activity: 2002
Merit: 516
Activity: 161
Merit: 0
Would banks and governments actively work and implement countermeasures to undermine this process? Are the underestimating the potential of cryptocurrencies by investing in some of them?
Do you think there is a possibility of cryptocurrencies being banned in the future for the reason of being a threat to "normal" currencies?

I think banning the cryptocurrency is the only way of the banks and government to override it,
But if they think making a counterfeit cryptocurrency is not an effective one because all will not choose this one for a reason of taking taxes from people rather the first one which is free from the controller or government.
Activity: 378
Merit: 103
Indeed it got the potential.. crypto is fast, stable, secure and trusted as well
I think it's not that easy, crypto currency is a lot of users today, because it's so potential, and nobody deny it, in terms of overtaking its value and usage, it can happen. but each country has its own history, and that is the symbol of its currency. so in my opinion fiat currency will not disappear, unless every country allows and creates its own crypto currency.
Activity: 946
Merit: 500
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

Many find crypto much efficient especially fir international transaction and in fast transaction other than with bank helps or regular fiats like in using in huge amount transactions ,btc or those crypto than uses specifically to ease transactions were indeed helpful.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 252
Activity: 211
Merit: 101
it is impossible. because the regular currency is the legal currency for use transactions while crypto not all countries can accept it anyway ordinary currency is easier to be used instantly by everyone in the market. while crypto not everyone can use it because of the limitations of technology and their knowledge about this crypto.
Activity: 736
Merit: 100
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
This could be an option for the future because we all know that we will kill the cash and everything would be online in the future so there is a big chance that we skip the cash and go to cryptocurrency.
Yes because of our adaptation in the technology there is a big possibility that the cryptocurrency in the future would become useful in different countries and many people are benefited for the profit that cryptocurrency can provide but there are policy that the government should be order before implementing this in order to protect the users.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Well, my personal point of view on this is yes of course, there is no doubt about it. The key advantages of bitcoin is its really wide potential in competing and even taking over the capacities of fiat currency.
Activity: 448
Merit: 110
This could be an option for the future because we all know that we will kill the cash and everything would be online in the future so there is a big chance that we skip the cash and go to cryptocurrency.
legendary
Activity: 1551
Merit: 1002
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚&#
People hates inflaction, cryptos are the perfect solution
Activity: 570
Merit: 500

Politics are made acording to the times we live in, and since we are in the era of speed, technology and resorses they will have no option but to accept cryptoicurrency as legal coin.
Pages:
Jump to: