Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think it is fair to save merits for high-quality, low-ranked members? - page 4. (Read 1133 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1491
The first decentralized crypto betting platform
I think it is better due to scarcity to save them for people who have a long way to rank up rather than for those who are at the top already and get merits easily.

I think it is better to award them to posts you find interesting, without considering the author.

I would do that if I had unlimited smerits and, in fact, that was what I was doing before.

The problem with that is that I find interesting posts soon, and I run out. So, when I find more interesting posts, I don’t have merits to send. With limited smerits, I consider awarding posts written by a Legendary member a waste. With Hero members is not so much of a waste, but they get them easily.
Activity: 182
Merit: 14
https://bizzilions.com/?ref=sham100899
I don’t  get enough smerits to spend as often as I would like to. This has made me decide that I am only going to give merits to lower ranked members; I won’t give any for Legendary members and maybe not to Hero members either.

I think it is better due to scarcity to save them for people who have a long way to rank up rather than for those who are at the top already and get merits easily.

What do you think about? Do you do the same? Do you think it is fair?

I agree with you. It is indeed a help to merit lower ranks that post a quality post.

Thank you for your generosity! More power!
I hope many higher rank members here in bitcointalk has that generosity and fairness like you.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
I merit posts, not posters. Unfortunately I can't really avoid noticing the poster's name/rank/etc when I'm reading their post but I try to train myself to not pay attention to that and merit based solely on the content of the post.

That said, I don't see anything wrong with the OP's approach if the supply of sMerits is limited and you have to choose who gets them.
Activity: 532
Merit: 148
I don’t  get enough smerits to spend as often as I would like to. This has made me decide that I am only going to give merits to lower ranked members; I won’t give any for Legendary members and maybe not to Hero members either.

Yes it will be better if you'll only give merit for lower ranks but most of good quality posts created, the authors is on a high rank like Hero or Legendary even they don't need it because their rank are likely "maximum". Most of my sMerits are given to Full Member below. I agreed with this because I'm only a member wants to rank up. I had seen many low ranks trying to post a good one but sometimes it's results to spamming that's why  their are only few that are very sincere to rank by doing it their own.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1575
Do not die for Putin
I was starting to use the strategy that the OP suggested. I wanted to be a good guy and help people rank up that deserve it. I was being really picky though on who exactly would get my 1 smerit. However, it appears that my smerits faucet is running over. Going to lower my criteria just a tad. Cheesy

I have lowered my standard just a bit. I still ask for a decent constructive post, but sometimes I may overlook how accurate it is or if it has links and sources.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827
I was starting to use the strategy that the OP suggested. I wanted to be a good guy and help people rank up that deserve it. I was being really picky though on who exactly would get my 1 smerit. However, it appears that my smerits faucet is running over. Going to lower my criteria just a tad. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 7490
Crypto Swap Exchange
As long as you give Merit for members who make constructive posts, i don't see any problem. But for me, i ignore user rank and decide whether to give Merit solely based on their posts/thread quality.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970

I think it is better to award them to posts you find interesting, without considering the author.
Activity: 224
Merit: 18
I don’t  get enough smerits to spend as often as I would like to. This has made me decide that I am only going to give merits to lower ranked members; I won’t give any for Legendary members and maybe not to Hero members either.

I think ,it is a good idea.It will boost the confidence of new member and he will try to post more useful post for us.
legendary
I very rarely have any myself, and if i got some i send them quite fast as there are many posts that deserve it ...

I used to do that but I ran out so quickly that I've changed my mind now.
Activity: 462
Merit: 118

I very rarely have any myself, and if i got some i send them quite fast as there are many posts that deserve it but does not receive merit.
But i like your idea and might start to do the same.

And is it fair? Yes as long as the post you give merit to are post you believe deserve it.
legendary
I don’t  get enough smerits to spend as often as I would like to. This has made me decide that I am only going to give merits to high quality posters, lower ranked members; I won’t give any for Legendary members and maybe not to Hero members either.

Pages:
Jump to: