Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think Satoshi got rid of his private keys? - page 4. (Read 487 times)

copper member
Activity: 1330
Merit: 899
🖤😏
And everyone thinks he stopped mining bitcoin since 2010? He is and has been the largest whale in bitcoin community. But it would be a good idea to spend some of it publicly but without revealing his identity, on charity cases, building schools, hospitals for those who need it most.

He is well and alive, hopefully with a bunch of young virgins  around him.🤣
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
For me personally, all three options are quite realistic, and now it's just a question of how someone thinks about that topic, which will result in one option being more acceptable than the others.

Realistically, the best option for everyone would be for those private keys to be destroyed, because that way those coins would never appear on the market, but also no one else would be able to present themselves as Satoshi if they were to be found one day. I would also take the third option as the one that makes the most sense to me, because I also think that the person who wrote on this forum under the pseudonym Satoshi did not leave anything to chance and that even then he/she realized how important it is that these coins remain forever unavailable.

It could indeed be considered the largest donation anyone has ever made for Bitcoin.
Activity: 350
Merit: 335
It is possible that Hal Finney is Satoshi, and if he is not, then there is high chance Satoshi is another person and still very much alive. His real name might not even be Satoshi and there is high chances he is not Asian.

It will amount to a joke to think that someone inspired by the need for privacy, freedom and anonymity, to create Bitcoin, will divulge his identity easily.

As for his private keys being lost, the chances of that being true is also very slim unless perhaps, he intentionally decided to donate those Bitcoin to the community.  Besides, he would still be very rich in Bitcoin because he would have still be mining Bitcoin with different data.

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 2017
This is one thing I have said in comments in other threads but I think it deserves a thread in itself to comment on, even if we can only speculate. I have searched and I see that it is usually claimed him to have lost them as most likely. In a quora thread the voted as best answer is:

Statistically speaking, Satoshi Nakamoto is (in order of likelihood) either dead, in prison, incognito or not able to find the keys to his wallet.

My personal opinion is that he is incognito; I see him clearly as someone who lives alone with a dog, doesn't like doing housework, grows zucchinis in the summer, hates shoveling snow, has arthritis in his knees, doesn't own a smartphone, his neighbors think him odd, he loves buying discount books at the flea market on Sundays, he's active on the internet under a plethora of pseudonyms and will likely release some of his coins when bitcoin reaches $1,000,000.

There are three possibilities:

1. He still has the private keys.
2. He does not have them or cannot access them (this includes his death without leaving them in inheritance).
3. He got rid of them on purpose, as a donation to the rest of Bitcoin holders. Recall his "lost Bitcoin is a donation."

Obviously I am referring to the million Bitcoins or so attributed to him for having mined them at the beginning. If Satoshi is still alive (or if they are still alive) I am sure he has a good amount of Bitcoin but that nobody links with Satoshi's name.

I think the most likely is option 3. Just as he started up Bitcoin for humanity and stepped away from the project I think at some point he purposely disposed of the keys to those Bitcoins, either for privacy, as a donation, or both. I find it hard to believe that someone as careful as he was would lose the keys and not have multiple backups.

Pages:
Jump to: