Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think this competition is fair? Bitcointalk Community Awards 2021 - page 3. (Read 997 times)

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1156
If you think this rules isn't strict enough and the voters aren't fair, what's your suggestion to solve this?
Moving to Ivory Tower
It only dismiss low rank member (below full member) but you can't stop people giving away merit and full member+ noname users to vote (not all users you posted are noname users, this because they're rarely active in section where you active at)
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Tell me please who those noname users generously receiving merits?
I think it's partially caused by notification bots: posting a list of usernames means some of them get notified. If they get notified, they see the post. If they see the post, it increases the chance of getting Merited.
As a Merit source, 1 sMerit more or less is a drop in a bucket.
Activity: 626
Merit: 234
Tell me please who those noname users generously receiving merits? Hey, if you are real users, at least confirm that you are not alt of your merit-givers

[/url]
[/url]
[/url]
[/url]

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
As I wrote at the previous contest:
Concerned people actively donates the merits for those who vote in their favor
That's not very Switzerland to do, but it's not against the rules either.

I'd say it's almost fair even though not 100%, you can't hope such competition will 100% fair since no one is wrong and no one is right.
Exactly this Smiley An Award like this can't be completely fair, especially when prizes are $650 per winner.
But campaigning for yourself is allowed:
Any user has the right to campaign for or against other candidates in a separate thread specially created for this.
If you think this rules isn't strict enough and the voters aren't fair, what's your suggestion to solve this?
Moving to Ivory Tower
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1156
I'd say it's almost fair even though not 100%, you can't hope such competition will 100% fair since no one is wrong and no one is right. It's depends on their perspective to determine which user is deserve with the nomination. Sometime people giving away merit because they want to thank those voters for voting him and to be honest it's not really a big problem as they're only give 1-2 merits. You may want to check this thread 10th anniversary art contest

You must have 50 merit or be a full member or higher to vote ➥ Note.

With this rules at least we can deny newbie or sock puppet account in order to vote his main account. If you think this rules isn't strict enough and the voters aren't fair, what's your suggestion to solve this? If you make the rules only 1000+ merit earned can vote, many users will think it's discrimination and less decentralized.
Do you think this competition is fair?
Bitcointalk Community Awards 2021

Honestly looking on these waking-up noname users voting for its high-ranked alts I doubt in fairness of this contest

This competition takes place with numerous violations of common sense

Concerned people actively donates the merits for those who vote in their favor
Pages:
Jump to: