Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think this competition is fair? Bitcointalk Community Awards 2021 - page 2. (Read 997 times)

Activity: 626
Merit: 234
That competition is a performance designed for the naive fools.

I know in advance that Ratimov will win in several categories. A secret bitcointalk apointee.
Ordinary people never win these false contests

The crowd eats this up
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
I need official opinion of Thermos of this matter
Can anybody tell me why merit-sourcers using its authorities in personal goals, in winning in that competition for example?
You have a better chance to get his attention if you send him a PM.

Have you seen this post?
Aside from that, if people complain about whether things deserve merit at all, then that's something to perhaps think about, but if you conclude that they're wrong, then that's that. You don't need to stress about it or defend yourself constantly. It's conceivable that someday you and I will end up disagreeing too much about this stuff and I'll remove your source status, but it's really not a big deal.
(click for full context)
I think Loyce said it very well.  What else can be said really at this point?
Loyce is not Thermos. I need official opinion of Thermos of this matter

I repeat
Can anybody tell me why merit-sourcers using its authorities in personal goals, in winning in that competition for example?
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 3014
I think Loyce said it very well.  What else can be said really at this point?  (This thread makes me miss Tman). 

Activity: 910
Merit: 875
Not Your Keys, Not Your Bitcoin
Do you think this competition is fair?
Bitcointalk Community Awards 2021

Honestly looking on these waking-up noname users voting for its high-ranked alts I doubt in fairness of this contest

This competition takes place with numerous violations of common sense

Concerned people actively donates the merits for those who vote in their favor

An election must be free and fair and I'm confident that it's going as it suppose to be, The entire mods are watching and if they are not satisfied, they would have alarmed the voting system.
The rule says a Voter must have earned 50 merits or be a Full member and believe after the whole voting, there will begin a transparent counting and full audit. Concerning participants meriting voters, I think they are just appreciating their voters for recognizing their efforts in the forum.

Permit me to ask you, Do you go out to vote during presidential elections? There is something called Influential voting behavior, it happens between peer groups, family, and friends, that's exactly what you noticed and makes you feel uncomfortable.

For example,
In the Scambuster nomination, I chose Ratimov because I am familiar with his thread until I notice everyone included lovesmayfamilis and you know what, They both deserve that nomination and I have to pick both of them in that category.
it is more of a "thank you".
Sometime people giving away merit because they want to thank those voters for voting him and to be honest it's not really a big problem as they're only give 1-2 merits. You may want to check this thread 10th anniversary art contest
So why one voters receives these "thank-you", while other voters wasnt reciving that  "thank-you"?

Where is a fairness?

All "thank-you" goes to the farmers, while other deserving voters wasnt gets these "thank-you"

Do these merit-sourcers have some kind of bug in receiving notifications from other non-farm voters? Or does the system notifies them about farmers votes only?
Why are you being so serious? It's nothing but having some fun competition. I didn’t get what make you create this thread TBH. For me, the competition is something people would enjoy, look for the winner & forget after few days. It's very possible to manipulate. Don't take it too seriously.
Are you kidding? These unfair contests are originating all corruption on the forum.
If people like you don't give a damn about it, then others are not indifferent to the future of the forum.
All backstage scammers should be kicked out of here which are manipulating with system.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 931
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!
Why are these merit-sourcers squandering merits for bribing loyal voters, and not for useful posts for novice newbies on the forum who need real support?
I do agree that its a shitty way to spend your merit, but I don't think they are bribing, it is more of a "thank you".

I agree that sharing merits to voters is not the best way to use the merit system, which should instead be used to improve the quality of this forum. Particularly to share merits to members who do not even have the right to vote based on the terms of the competition, for example to Members and Jr. Members who have less than 50 merits. I've noticed that Mitchell and mole0815 do that (and maybe others).
Activity: 1358
Merit: 850
Why are you being so serious? It's nothing but having some fun competition. I didn’t get what make you create this thread TBH. For me, the competition is something people would enjoy, look for the winner & forget after few days. It's very possible to manipulate. Don't take it too seriously.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1228
really cool, I've been rewarded for what I did, I was anticipating going to do a bounty hunt in the same place because the rules are not prohibited multi account but banned from following multiple accounts, but strangely I got spam(neutral) trust.  because the existing rules in anticipation of following multiple accounts.
The tag is just in case you commit cheat in the future with the connected account in case you use it in the same campaign. Meanwhile, the neutral tag that you get will have no effect as long as you don't do a cheat campaign or share merit between the 3 connected accounts. And it's true that having more than one account is allowed on this forum, unless you're using it to cheat campaign or share merit.

At one point I'm not sure it's 100% fair as some users choose just to trick the merit source into distributing the merit to them with mention specific name [average is a spammer]. See how many spammers have merit from that, but obviously icopress has its own way of getting it right so it's not a big problem for us.
really cool, I've been rewarded for what I did, I was anticipating going to do a bounty hunt in the same place because the rules are not prohibited multi account but banned from following multiple accounts, but strangely I got spam(neutral) trust.  because the existing rules in anticipation of following multiple accounts.
It's too late to make excuses. We will expose everyone

Moving to Ivory Tower
How exactly would that solve anything?
I will see all the farms. There will be fewer people behind which these farms can hide.
Activity: 714
Merit: 104
it's quite scary when my name is called there, my concern is you are too sensitive to see people happy, is it because you don't have any smerit?
Are you scared? Right, farmers like you should be scared of me

3 Accounts Connected
1.Silver80
2.Arguna
3.Alf_m.h

What was to be shown
All nonames of contest should be monitored

really cool, I've been rewarded for what I did, I was anticipating going to do a bounty hunt in the same place because the rules are not prohibited multi account but banned from following multiple accounts, but strangely I got spam(neutral) trust.  because the existing rules in anticipation of following multiple accounts.
With that being said, you could have shared your opinion on this in threadcreated specifically for this purpose, instead opening another one.
Because there is no poll showing the true essence of things

Users are intimidated by your DT gang and are afraid to say something to your face

In the poll people will show you that you are in minority
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 5937
Yeah, I would say it's pretty fair, there will always be someone who will try to take the  advantage, no matter the rules you set.

Honestly looking on these waking-up noname users voting for its high-ranked alts I doubt in fairness of this contest
That's why @icopress reserved the right to exclude anyone's vote, at his own discretion. So no, I am not concerned about the fairness as I do trust @icopress will do the right thing.  

Why are these merit-sourcers squandering merits for bribing loyal voters, and not for useful posts for novice newbies on the forum who need real support?
I do agree that its a shitty way to spend your merit, but I don't think they are bribing, it is more of a "thank you".

Moving to Ivory Tower
How exactly would that solve anything?

With that being said, you could have shared your opinion on this in threadcreated specifically for this purpose, instead opening another one.

But Ratimov is giving everyone merit which is not a bad idea.
You know, other conscientious participants for whom they voted do not allow themselves this because they do not want foul play by merit bribing
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
With what I observed, it is going on good.

Tell me please who those noname users generously receiving merits?
I think it's partially caused by notification bots: posting a list of usernames means some of them get notified. If they get notified, they see the post. If they see the post, it increases the chance of getting Merited.
As a Merit source, 1 sMerit more or less is a drop in a bucket.
Yes, people voted for are getting notified. But Ratimov is giving everyone merit which is not a bad idea.
it's quite scary when my name is called there, my concern is you are too sensitive to see people happy, is it because you don't have any smerit?
Are you scared? Right, farmers like you should be scared of me

3 Accounts Connected
1.Silver80
2.Arguna
3.Alf_m.h

What was to be shown
All nonames of contest should be monitored
Activity: 714
Merit: 104

This is not fair. Simple folk won't understand your sneaky games

Theymos please, disable merits for this contest, for the justice. Or move it to Ivory Tower
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/voting-2021-bitcointalk-community-awards-5382917
Pages:
Jump to: