Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think you were scammed by GAW? Tell Ars Technica - page 6. (Read 14521 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 259
GAW was a "cloud mining" company for an effective total of less than 100 days. If 0.000001 BTC/day is still profitable to any of you then so be it. Even then, there was/is no verifiable proof of their mining infrastructure. Add to that the numerous advertised commitments they never fulfilled while censoring the vast number of unhappy customers who called him/them out in Q3/Q4 of 2014. In summary, the scheme is constantly changing with new DBA's and what can be seen as dummy corp. registrations being formed to evade regulation. The proof is there and all you need to do is follow the money. Regardless, I nor anyone else will be able to convince those of you who choose to ignore the truth and blindly support your "fearless leader" in the name of $$, which in itself proves just about anyone can be bought.

Enjoy,

Scott-
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
Seems to me that the positive reviews here are all from people who purchased HARDWARE miners from GAW. The HARDWARE which GAW did not manufacture and often simply drop shipped to users from China or spray painted their logo over white labeled miners from ZEUS. These are all tangible products which again, they were simply reselling.

Anyone care to post their hashlet experience? How about their XPY experience? You know, the non-tangible items that you can't see with your own eyes but require you to invoke some kind of trust in a guy that has a growing history of false promises and a background consisting of peddling resold (see a trend here?) wireless internet plans to rural Vermont residents.

How are you enjoying those 99.99% maintenance fees on your ALWAYS Profitable hashlet purchases that you were promised? Anyone? Hello?
Activity: 658
Merit: 501
More condensed version showing the evidence of fraud:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/paycoin-xpy-is-scam-900970
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
NO..........its as simple as that....GAW has seemed to come through for their customers..it is a big initiative and I have NEVER seen anything this large kickoff without bumps and curves. You have to be flexible to survive a new industry and I really shouldnt have to tell bitcoiners that. Some of what I have seen on line is ridiculous.....most of it is opinion.....and some of it is flat out lies.  I believe that this company has a good idea, that it is achievable with alot of work.
I think that the bitcoin community has been unfair in their accessment and at the same time I understand the fear with all the scams that have occured recently. But the answer to your question is NO.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org
manufacturer   ::   reseller

browser plugin ::  direct shopping

bah, same thing.  Roll Eyes

Thank you for your testimony in the "Do you think you were scammed by GAW? " thread sir.

I can feel your hatred, it's nice and warm. Let me turn on a fan next to you, I could use a little of that heat generation. Smiley
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
They are an absolute scam, only interested in filling Josh's pockets with BTC.

I bought in after they repeatedly promised a $20 floor that "can not fail" because their fiat backing was "too large" for that to happen.

These statements he made are documented all over the place.

When it finally came down to it, I lost a good chunk of money. I wasn't one of the lucky ones that got in early on the ponzi with the $16 dollar primes.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
Hey guys,

Cyrus Farivar here. I'm a reporter with Ars Technica working on a story about GAW and Garza. I spoke with him by phone yesterday and would love to speak with anyone that has had direct dealings with the company and/or has direct knowledge of financials of similar companies. He made some claims that sound wild to me, but I want to check.

My previous work: http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/04/digging-for-answers-the-strong-smell-of-fraud-from-one-bitcoin-miner-maker/

EMAIL ME:

cyrus.farivar [AT] arstechnica.com

PGP/OTR: http://arstechnica.com/ars-staff-pgp-keys/#cyrus-farivar

https://github.com/cfarivar/crypto-details/blob/master/README.md

Why not seek information from the actual customers instead of in this forum?Huh
Activity: 1316
Merit: 502
manufacturer   ::   reseller

browser plugin ::  direct shopping

bah, same thing.  Roll Eyes

Thank you for your testimony in the "Do you think you were scammed by GAW? " thread sir.
legendary
Solarcoin.org
Roll Eyes

They've never designed a piece of hardware in their lives.

Don't care. Has their name on it, they made it.

"Don't care" as you said, is just showing your ignorance...The rest - your retardation... Grin

GAW never produce hardware ...They have been just a RE-SELLER, if you know what this means... Wink

GAW is/was reselling products, made by Gridseed, ZeusMiner, BitMain, Innosillicon etc...

Ask your favorite Homero J. Garza...

ZiG

Has their name on it, they stand behind it. They might as well manufacture it.

-DON'T CARE-

Complete RETARD

Semantics. Get used to that term, you'll here it a lot.
ZiG
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Roll Eyes

"Don't care" as you said, is just showing your ignorance...The rest - your retardation... Grin

GAW never produce hardware ...They have been just a RE-SELLER, if you know what this means... Wink

GAW is/was reselling products, made by Gridseed, ZeusMiner, BitMain, Innosillicon etc...

ZiG

-DON'T CARE-

Complete RETARD
legendary
Solarcoin.org
Roll Eyes

ZiG

-DON'T CARE-
ZiG
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Roll Eyes

ZiG
legendary
Solarcoin.org
Roll Eyes

Activity: 44
I'll say this, if I had taken the money I put in gaw and put it in any other cloud mining provider at the time I invested money into it, I would have gone broke by now and the company dissappeared/quit providing cloud mining.

I think GAW is the industry leader and the most solid company in it's industry. At least that's the only lesson I can conclude from following this industry for the past half year.

ps: if you disagree, and you can show me a cloud mining company that's more legit than GAW and would have made me more money had I put money in them +- 6 months ago, without it completely dissappearing now or me "unwillingly" forfitting my investment, by all means do so.

pps; all markets are down because of the high level of viciousness there is here among supporters of different cryptocurrencies, Imagine how unpleasant all this must look to outsiders of the industry? For blockchain techs sake, I hope somehow that changes in the future.
Really guys?

Maybe themage will come in here and ask us not to sue ltcgear next like he is already doing on litecointalk... While bashing GAW lol...

Come on...

YEAH!

Let's have a debate about that shall we. I propose we use carrier pigeons or a piece of string and tin cans at each end.
 Roll Eyes

Activity: 44
Really guys?

Cex.io halts all scrypt operations, hashnest umisoo pool is 86%+ Fees and about to be shut down, pbmining was a scam, cryptodouble is finally gone bitstamp hacked and everyone is still trying to trash GAW?

Maybe themage will come in here and ask us not to sue ltcgear next like he is already doing on litecointalk... While bashing GAW lol...

Come on...
Activity: 9
I've been with GAW for over 6 months and have had a great experience overall. Their hardware, of which I still have some hashing away was constructed with quality and attention to detail. Very few manufacturers of any mining equipment actually delivered on time, at all, or in working condition but GAW has on every occasion delivered on time, in working order, and over manufactured with a higher tolerance.

Roll Eyes

They've never manufactured a piece of hardware in their lives.

Only a fraction of companies designing hardware actually own the facilities or expertise to manufacture it.
I've been with GAW for over 6 months and have had a great experience overall. Their hardware, of which I still have some hashing away was constructed with quality and attention to detail. Very few manufacturers of any mining equipment actually delivered on time, at all, or in working condition but GAW has on every occasion delivered on time, in working order, and over manufactured with a higher tolerance.

Roll Eyes

They've never manufactured a piece of hardware in their lives.
legendary
Solarcoin.org

They were the one of the first to demonstrate integrity in this industry and they've been met with nothing but scorn from the ponzi artists that inhabit this "crypto" space. I've invested in group buys on bitcoin talk and have gotten burned. I've invested with GAW and have seen returns and support and attention to detail and talent.

It's no wonder those here willing to shout "ponzi" and "scam" are so inclined to do so readily. We're witnessing the experts in what they do best and are most familiar with.

Pages:
Jump to: