Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think you were scammed by GAW? Tell Ars Technica - page 8. (Read 14521 times)

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
https://archive.today/SWQth  

Second, I already over-stepped our NDA once by disclosing partnerships, and I won't do it again. All I will say is that if any company announced our partnership, they would be in violation of their NDA with us, too. We will respect and honor our agreements until the time that we can disclose them.

Paycoin will be able to be used at tier-one merchants, either directly or through a debit card in the coming months.

@GAWCEO said: I can confirm that I personally verified the original announcement and the word "partnership" was never used

Check with those web developers what their recommended punishment should be for liars.

Our partners got upset that I released their names ahead of time, so now I have to mind my P's and Q

https://hashtalk.org/topic/16853/all-is-well-in-the-land

Short summary:
We said a few things before our partners were ready for folks to hear it.

https://hashtalk.org/topic/17485/large-merchants

Do you have a link as to where this came from?
(@GAWCEO said: I can confirm that I personally verified the original announcement and the word "partnership" was never used) I can't find the "original announcement" either if you have that..
legendary
Activity: 2742
Merit: 1181
im happy you can use the internet, now why don't you use in a positive way instead of trying to wreak havoc in these forums?

Why don't you take your own advice.

why don't YOU check?

are you not allowed to use the phone yet?

get some sleep, it might be past your bedtime.

Did your mom let you use the computer again kid?

You speak so much filth it hurts me to read it.

Don't be sad, we will think of you when we are looking back at history and the outcome of this ridiculous show, which you my friend are the 'court jester'

have a nice day!  oh and it's getting late,  make sure you get enough rest for school ..."your" bus picks you up pretty early in the morning I hear. Don't want to sound like a fool in school now. Smiley

Thanks, I will, I am done with trying to talk to children with an agenda.

You guys can play by yourselves in your own treehouse conspiracy club.
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
Cryptocoin Dabbler
Start by asking properly your question.
The real journalistic question is : What do you think about your Gaw investment? Are you satisfied or did you feel abused?

Maybe he has plenty of people who are satisfied, he is looking for people who really feel like they were "scammed"?

Maybe you should write a similar story and see if you can do a better job. I'd read it with an unbiased opinion, just like I would read the OP's piece, and make my own decision.
Activity: 770
Merit: 509

Second, I already over-stepped our NDA once by disclosing partnerships, and I won't do it again. All I will say is that if any company announced our partnership, they would be in violation of their NDA with us, too. We will respect and honor our agreements until the time that we can disclose them.

Paycoin will be able to be used at tier-one merchants, either directly or through a debit card in the coming months.

@GAWCEO said: I can confirm that I personally verified the original announcement and the word "partnership" was never used

Check with those web developers what their recommended punishment should be for liars.

Our partners got upset that I released their names ahead of time, so now I have to mind my P's and Q

https://hashtalk.org/topic/16853/all-is-well-in-the-land

Short summary:
We said a few things before our partners were ready for folks to hear it.

https://hashtalk.org/topic/17485/large-merchants
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
im happy you can use the internet, now why don't you use in a positive way instead of trying to wreak havoc in these forums?

Why don't you take your own advice.

why don't YOU check?

Don't be sad, we will think of you when we are looking back at history and the outcome of this ridiculous show, which you my friend are the 'court jester'

have a nice day!  oh and it's getting late,  make sure you get enough rest for school ..."your" bus picks you up pretty early in the morning I hear. Don't want to sound like a fool in school now. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
Don't know why you would bring up a Known Scam group such as KNCminer to try to prove some point. You people need to do your market research to see what happened to the Floor as bigtime miners dug under it and caused it to collapse. Also making a 'Market floor' is highly illegal in commodity trading so we could not make a floor. There were big dumps on the exchanges of XPY  at the start which caused the rapid price drop. This should not happen as often now as the coin is mineable through POS only now. Having the POW stage last as long as it did and not limiting the amount of hashrate was a mistake as I beleave there were big mining co. that used there power to mine XPY and cause a huge XPY serge to cause a price drop. This action of purposeful abuse and illegal market manipulation by the BTC community as they felt threatened by XPY being a better long term alternative and we as a community beleave it is still the better long term option as the Current upcomeing crash of BTC is showing it multiple weaknesses.          

That was a post by Josh Garza on KnC forums, and it is directly relevant to the "point".

"bigtime miners" may have owned merely ~300k XPY out of ~12.3+ million, i.e. less than 3%. The rest of your post is full of contradictions as well. So was the promised floor illegal or not? Was GAW's attempt to manipulate the market with the floor illegal or not? How does it now become "illegal market manipulation by the BTC community"? I know these are all popular myths on HT but when you put them all together they don't sound any more credible. If you have sources to back it all up, please do.

cyrus.farivar check with any web developer whether a browser plugin in any way shape or from, allows you to buy directly from amazon.com or walmart.com

And while you are about it ask them what they think the meaning of partnership is.

legendary
^  https://hashtalk.org/user/buckrogers

Roll Eyes

yes and your point?

As for Vaultbreakers, Looks like everything went according to plan:

Don't know why you would bring up a Known Scam group such as KNCminer to try to prove some point.

Did you not read what Josh Garza posted on KNC's forum? He lays out how he thinks KNC is scamming them, then actually creates the scam himself.

You people need to do your market research to see what happened to the Floor as bigtime miners dug under it and caused it to collapse.

Maybe you should do some market research before spouting nonsense.

There were a total of ~350k xpy mined in the sha-256 phase and from what I could tell ~50k was mined by GAW (could be more).

If 100% of the leftover 300k xpy was dumped on the market, then that would eat through only $6m of their whopping $100m floor.

The real cause of the collapse was GAW only putting up half a million dollars to hold the floor instead of $100m.

Also making a 'Market floor' is highly illegal in commodity trading so we could not make a floor.

Please do provide a source for this.

I'd also love to know how GAW's latest investment scheme buyback program gets around that law.

There were big dumps on the exchanges of XPY  at the start which caused the rapid price drop. This should not happen as often now as the coin is mineable through POS only now. Having the POW stage last as long as it did and not limiting the amount of hashrate was a mistake as I beleave there were big mining co. that used there power to mine XPY and cause a huge XPY serge to cause a price drop. This action of purposeful abuse and illegal market manipulation by the BTC community as they felt threatened by XPY being a better long term alternative and we as a community beleave it is still the better long term option as the Current upcomeing crash of BTC is showing it multiple weaknesses.          

You're telling me it's illegal to mine xpy and then sell it later?

#innovation #revolutionary
^  https://hashtalk.org/user/buckrogers

Roll Eyes
legendary
cyrus.farivar check directly with CNN if this Garza individual had any contact with them regarding an interview.

@GAW_CEO said:

So far on the schedule are CNN and Fortune Magazine, with many more to come.
    Update: All interviews are done (CCN, WSJ, Fortune Magazine, Venture).

why don't YOU check?

legendary
cyrus.farivar ask Cantor Fitzgerald if they are involved with this or is it only an executive who works there that is.

Don't settle for speaking with their marketing dept. or any low level spokesperson. Insist to speak to Howard Lutnick or Shawn Matthews only.

A definitive statement is required, is the individual quoted here speaking on behalf of the company or not.

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2014/11/25/bitbeat-gaw-miners-to-launch-bitcoin-challenger-paycoin/

The individual is the father of Garza's friend, who has backed him personally in earlier ventures. Garza has been trading off this and their name since day one to lure his victims into his scheme, that is 100 million VC funding behind his coin.

On the Cantor Fitzgerald technology investment site there is no indication of them being involved with Garza or his current scheme.

http://www.cantorventures.com/portfolio

http://www.cgtglobal.com/

have a nice day!  oh and it's getting late,  make sure you get enough rest for school ..."your" bus picks you up pretty early in the morning I hear. Don't want to sound like a fool in school now. Smiley
I've been a customer for almost a year and started with GAW Fury's and then went to cloud miners and then to mining Hashpoints for Paycoins. It has always been profitable and support and service have always been great!

Please do yourself a favor and stop reading the lies and crap from people who have never been a customer and look into the FACTS!! Believe me, You don't want to be left behind at this point!!  Wink

You've been a customer for "almost a year" even though GAW fury's went up for sale last May? Seems like a bit of an exaggeration. (like the $100 million floor)

Here are some FACTS for you:

Hashlets were advertised as:

- Always Profitable
- Reducing maintenance fees
- Never obsolete

In reality you got

- Profit for 2 months (and an extra month if you switched to hashpoints)
- Never reduced maintenance fees
- World first miner to become obsolete.

Anyone who didn't trade their "digital miners" for "cloud stakers" is currently enjoying a total earnings of 1 satoshis per day. Maybe in 30 years they will have enough satoshis to pay for the transaction fee.

Hashstakers were all sold based on the lie that there would be a $20 floor. At $5/paycoin, hashstakers are looking at more than a 50% loss. GAW blames the CFTC and says a $20 floor would be manipulation but apparently it's completely fine if they have a $20 floor buyback program that stretches the payments over months/years. (for a limited time only)

Keep in mind, there's nothing wrong with a high risk investment being unprofitable, unless you're like GAW and promising profit.

http://i.snag.gy/2izhc.jpg

Don't know why you would bring up a Known Scam group such as KNCminer to try to prove some point. You people need to do your market research to see what happened to the Floor as bigtime miners dug under it and caused it to collapse. Also making a 'Market floor' is highly illegal in commodity trading so we could not make a floor. There were big dumps on the exchanges of XPY  at the start which caused the rapid price drop. This should not happen as often now as the coin is mineable through POS only now. Having the POW stage last as long as it did and not limiting the amount of hashrate was a mistake as I beleave there were big mining co. that used there power to mine XPY and cause a huge XPY serge to cause a price drop. This action of purposeful abuse and illegal market manipulation by the BTC community as they felt threatened by XPY being a better long term alternative and we as a community beleave it is still the better long term option as the Current upcomeing crash of BTC is showing it multiple weaknesses.          

Excellent points! Mining bitcoin is not earth friendly and with the increasing power costs and difficulties, how can it be sustained now?? Paycoin is so much faster and has so much more functionality.. I honestly believe that they are going in the right direction and this is not a scam.. Look, they could have sold all their pre-mine coins and made millions and been long gone way before now?? This is a better choice for the future, but the coin launch did not go as planned otherwise the coin would be over 20 by now, IMHO.
So, I believe only the primes were advertised as never obsolete..

Nope.

cyrus.farivar check directly with CNN if this Garza individual had any contact with them regarding an interview.

@GAW_CEO said:

So far on the schedule are CNN and Fortune Magazine, with many more to come.
    Update: All interviews are done (CCN, WSJ, Fortune Magazine, Venture).
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
No more Crypto in this world
I've been a customer for almost a year and started with GAW Fury's and then went to cloud miners and then to mining Hashpoints for Paycoins. It has always been profitable and support and service have always been great!

Please do yourself a favor and stop reading the lies and crap from people who have never been a customer and look into the FACTS!! Believe me, You don't want to be left behind at this point!!  Wink

You've been a customer for "almost a year" even though GAW fury's went up for sale last May? Seems like a bit of an exaggeration. (like the $100 million floor)

- Always Profitable
- Never obsolete

In reality you got

Anyone who didn't trade their "digital miners" for "cloud stakers" is currently enjoying a total earnings of 1 satoshis per day. Maybe in 30 years they will have enough satoshis to pay for the transaction fee.

Hashstakers were all sold based on the lie that there would be a $20 floor. At $5/paycoin, hashstakers are looking at more than a 50% loss. GAW blames the CFTC and says a $20 floor would be manipulation but apparently it's completely fine if they have a $20 floor buyback program that stretches the payments over months/years. (for a limited time only)

Keep in mind, there's nothing wrong with a high risk investment being unprofitable, unless you're like GAW and promising profit.

- Always Profitable
- Never obsolete

In reality you got

http://i.snag.gy/2izhc.jpg

So, I believe only the primes were advertised as never obsolete.. I may be in a bit of a different category also because I bought all Zen miners and Primes and made decent bitcoins a day until the hashpoints. At that point I was making around 2.5 paycoins a day in points. I've converted all of my miners to hashstakers and they are paying 1.25 coins a day and our prime hashstakers never expire!

The 20.00 floor was not a lie but a figure they came up with based on..? Also all of the details have not come out on the buyback program yet, but I agree that part sucks and could take a long time to complete..

cyrus.farivar ask Cantor Fitzgerald if they are involved with this or is it only an executive who works there that is.

Don't settle for speaking with their marketing dept. or any low level spokesperson. Insist to speak to Howard Lutnick or Shawn Matthews only.

A definitive statement is required, is the individual quoted here speaking on behalf of the company or not.

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2014/11/25/bitbeat-gaw-miners-to-launch-bitcoin-challenger-paycoin/

The individual is the father of Garza's friend, who has backed him personally in earlier ventures. Garza has been trading off this and their name since day one to lure his victims into his scheme, that is 100 million VC funding behind his coin.

On the Cantor Fitzgerald technology investment site there is no indication of them being involved with Garza or his current scheme.

http://www.cantorventures.com/portfolio

http://www.cgtglobal.com/
Pages:
Jump to: