Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you trade at multiple exchanges? - page 29. (Read 19302 times)

Activity: 688
Merit: 106
June 10, 2017, 01:48:54 AM
Most of the time there difference of price exists so do you withdraw bitcoins from one exchange and sell at higher rate exchange?
I don't make an arbitrage between trading sites since the competition wih them is tough and the price difference is not that huge and if I tend to make an arbitrage, fee might cause me to be decficit as we know that fee in transferrint altcoins is quite expensive.
Activity: 658
Merit: 256
Freshdice.com
June 09, 2017, 08:49:08 PM
Most of the time there difference of price exists so do you withdraw bitcoins from one exchange and sell at higher rate exchange?
Yes I do. I often do that. I tend to buy coins which is not yet in poloniex and I'm waiting for it to be added there. Most likely I make an arbitrage through yobit, c-cex, Bittrex, and Poloniex. I always choose to sell at Poliniex since the highest volume of altcoins were in there.
That's a great idea. It's importany to check every price of altcoins in trading sites so we can ascertain which trading site has a cheapest price and which trading sites has the expensive one. This is something that lest's us to decide where, when to buy and sell.
Activity: 314
Merit: 105
June 09, 2017, 08:36:33 PM
Yes I do. I often do that. I tend to buy coins which is not yet in poloniex and I'm waiting for it to be added there. Most likely I make an arbitrage through yobit, c-cex, Bittrex, and Poloniex. I always choose to sell at Poliniex since the highest volume of altcoins were in there.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
June 09, 2017, 07:37:36 PM
The reason you will not able to manage your trading in the multiple trading site. You need to look around price and set up the value in each site as price changes. This may lead to find the loss many times in trading. So we can have bitcoin trading in single trading exchange.
 Huh Huh Huh
Anything can happen to any business that is why we have to train ourselves on a number of exchanges. Just today I heard that the withdrawal fees of bitcoin on yobit in increased to 0.0015 btc so it will hard for me to pay that much and so I will shift to any other exchange which will be fine for me in regards of fees.
In any business the experts often advise for diversification. So even in trade we have to take care of diversifying our money as if suppose we do trade only in one exchange and we have our capital only on that exchange and if at a day that exchange is down and we want to do some trade then we will not be able to do any trade at that day and we can miss any good opportunity.
legendary
Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000
June 09, 2017, 07:30:01 PM

Every exchange has their own price of their coins and it is never the same to the other exchanges, sometimes it doesn't worth moving the funds from one exchange to another one.

This because it takes time and while you are waiting someone else just made the sell or buy order and you have to wait further or "forced" to send back to the exchange you were before but now minus the fees twice.

Thank you...
It worth transferring money from one exchangers to another, especially if you are doing it to take advantage of price variation for profit. There are a lot of opportunity for arbitrage traders since the advent of crytocurrency and many wise and skillful traders are taking advantage of it.

I understand what you mean but from my experience this method doesn't work every time, and do you know why? Because not all exchanges are ready all the time to make the transaction/withdrawal at that time.

Some exchanges needs time to get approved that withdrawal and some exchanges require lots of confirmation until that deposit will take. So in this case you are in stress and you have no idea what to do because you can't do anything rather than waiting.
copper member
Activity: 1330
Merit: 899
🖤😏
June 09, 2017, 05:35:00 PM
This doesn't work at least not for me any more ever since the fees increased and confirmation time is delayed, every time I try to do this I lose money instead of earning, this is for traders with big funds and with them having different currencies in several exchanges, not to mention bots are doing this automatically. and I can't afford to have enough coins in several exchanges.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 521
June 09, 2017, 04:40:37 PM
The reason you will not able to manage your trading in the multiple trading site. You need to look around price and set up the value in each site as price changes. This may lead to find the loss many times in trading. So we can have bitcoin trading in single trading exchange.
 Huh Huh Huh
Anything can happen to any business that is why we have to train ourselves on a number of exchanges. Just today I heard that the withdrawal fees of bitcoin on yobit in increased to 0.0015 btc so it will hard for me to pay that much and so I will shift to any other exchange which will be fine for me in regards of fees.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
June 09, 2017, 04:28:48 PM
 Huh Huh Huh
Activity: 742
Merit: 515
June 09, 2017, 04:17:54 PM
Yes, I trade on many exchanges like poloniex, bittrex and others but for altcoin, because sometimes an altcoin is only in a certain market, like a new coin and he is only in one exchange, for bitcoin I only trade in one exchange.
Activity: 182
Merit: 106
June 09, 2017, 09:10:12 AM
The unfortunate reality is that no exchange lists everything so if you have a very diversified portfolio you have no choice but to trade on multiple exchanges even if you have a specific one that you both like and trust.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1165
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
June 09, 2017, 09:09:14 AM
Yes I often trade on multiple exchanges and the reasons are that sometimes it happen that the price on some exchange are high and on some are lower so I get benefit from that situation and the other reason is that some exchanges often do not add a particular coin and for that I use other exchange.
yes that is right to say but i think that the security and the exchanges rates are also another reason of using different exchanges, some time we examine a big variation in the price of bitcoin, for example currently tin preev.com the price of bitcoin s trading just 2822$ wile in betstamp the price of bitcoin is trading  2880$. so it is a big difference between the price of bitcoin. but for me the main reason is the security of the exchanges .
For the security of exchange I will say that we have to use only those exchanges which are bigger in our community and which have a very fair and clear history and many people are satisfied with that. We do not have to use those exchanges which have a shady history and many people complaint against that.

I agree. I also trade using different platforms when prices vary but i make sure that these sites are well trusted because i'm putting btcs there. It's actually one of the firstnthings i've learned when trading. Looking at these exchanges comparing the prices and how much i'll earn conaidering the fees that i also have to pay.
I guess fee structures among most of the crypto currency exchanges are same hence we do not need to bother about the fee structures when choosing famous exchanges.

But you should compare prices of one altcoins in different exchanges so that you will be getting better price for trading. In recent times exchanges are showing big gaps in price levels for example taas token is having different range of prices between liqui and hitbtc exchanges. It seems everybody having their own the reasons for having accounts in multiple exchanges. I'm having accounts in multiple exchanges just for finding better prices to trade.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 09, 2017, 06:58:35 AM
Yes I often trade on multiple exchanges and the reasons are that sometimes it happen that the price on some exchange are high and on some are lower so I get benefit from that situation and the other reason is that some exchanges often do not add a particular coin and for that I use other exchange.
yes that is right to say but i think that the security and the exchanges rates are also another reason of using different exchanges, some time we examine a big variation in the price of bitcoin, for example currently tin preev.com the price of bitcoin s trading just 2822$ wile in betstamp the price of bitcoin is trading  2880$. so it is a big difference between the price of bitcoin. but for me the main reason is the security of the exchanges .
For the security of exchange I will say that we have to use only those exchanges which are bigger in our community and which have a very fair and clear history and many people are satisfied with that. We do not have to use those exchanges which have a shady history and many people complaint against that.

I agree. I also trade using different platforms when prices vary but i make sure that these sites are well trusted because i'm putting btcs there. It's actually one of the firstnthings i've learned when trading. Looking at these exchanges comparing the prices and how much i'll earn conaidering the fees that i also have to pay.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 288
June 08, 2017, 06:58:10 PM
Yes, I do trade on multiple exchanges, and it is a good thing. Poloniex, Bittrex, HitBTC, alcurex, Cryptopia, NovaExchange, BTC38, bx.in.th and finally YoBit (only for arbitrage opportunities). This gives me enough experience to deal with trading situations, as well as, knowing how to trade on mostly any exchange. Some gives the best experience, others are just...
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
June 08, 2017, 06:51:43 PM
yes that is right to say but i think that the security and the exchanges rates are also another reason of using different exchanges, some time we examine a big variation in the price of bitcoin, for example currently tin preev.com the price of bitcoin s trading just 2822$ wile in betstamp the price of bitcoin is trading  2880$. so it is a big difference between the price of bitcoin. but for me the main reason is the security of the exchanges .
Activity: 163
Merit: 100
June 08, 2017, 06:36:16 PM
Yes, the price of some altcoin varies on different trading sites.
But doing an withdraw or deposit on sites to sell coins and earn small penny is not much profitable because transaction fees will cost you much.

Instead you can balance BTC in both the trading sites.
If price varies on two trading sites then purchase the coin on the site where price is low and sell the same coin on the another site where the price is high. Dont transfer the coins from one site to another coz it will cost much transaction fees.

This requires you to be exposed to long BTC price risk at all times.

That is called arbitrage and does not work unless your overall balance is higher.  Even with a high enough balance, the difference in the two sites prices has to be pretty extreme and stay that way for a period of time.  most of the time, it simply won't happen.  The first site, where your balance is being stored, will charge you a fee to withdraw your coins to the other wallet on the other site.  if that is the only move that you make, then the fees might not eat up the small profit that you made. 

if you combine that trading with other trades, all of which have fees, then the mess will just eat away at your balance and you will break even or lose.
Dissipate their attention to several works, this is stupidity. Here I completely agree with you, because the incomes will be unequal with the costs. But if it works well for a few directions, then you need to look for exits and minimize losses.
Activity: 2030
Merit: 356
June 08, 2017, 06:29:11 PM
But doing an withdraw or deposit on sites to sell coins and earn small penny is not much profitable because transaction fees will cost you much.

If price varies on two trading sites then purchase the coin on the site where price is low and sell the same coin on the another site where the price is high. Dont transfer the coins from one site to another coz it will cost much transaction fees.

That is called arbitrage and does not work unless your overall balance is higher.  Even with a high enough balance, the difference in the two sites prices has to be pretty extreme and stay that way for a period of time.  most of the time, it simply won't happen.  The first site, where your balance is being stored, will charge you a fee to withdraw your coins to the other wallet on the other site.  if that is the only move that you make, then the fees might not eat up the small profit that you made. 

if you combine that trading with other trades, all of which have fees, then the mess will just eat away at your balance and you will break even or lose.
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
June 08, 2017, 06:27:52 PM

Activity: 924
Merit: 512
June 07, 2017, 01:19:13 PM
Its good to trade in multiple exchange because when you hit the price increase you profit a big amount. Trading is like gambling,There you win or lose.But if you often win on gambling,you profit but in trading theres always a profit.

Gambling is the risky investment and I do not how you compare the bitcoin trading with gambling. Bitcoin trading is legit and most trusty option to invest among all available platforms on bitcoin.
Try to invest the bitcoin in the trading account, I hope you can invest 0.05 bitcoin in the site and start your trading career.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
June 07, 2017, 12:54:01 PM
I do not make arbitrage but I move my funds where I can find the best trading conditions (fees, liquidity, leverage, etc.).
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1014
June 07, 2017, 12:45:28 PM
I am using at least 3 exchanges. When there is an opportunity to arbitrage, I do it. Also, its better to have multiple exchanges, you can check price movement in each exchanges.There are also coins that is only for a certain exchanges can be traded.

What exchangers sites you use? I also use 3 exchangers for arbitrage, among others; liqui.io, bittrex, and poloniex.

Pages:
Jump to: