Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you trust USDT? - page 24. (Read 7077 times)

Activity: 161
Merit: 12
August 02, 2020, 03:01:16 PM
As long it fills its goal, I don't have any complaints for the stable coin like USDT. They might not have enough dollar at 1:1 ratio because every time the total cap raises for crypto, they have to 'printing' more. But look, how many time they did that already and it still works fine up today.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 541
August 02, 2020, 02:11:23 PM
I trust and really like USDT because it gives you a lifeline when the market is dumping. You can sell your altcoins for USDT to preserve their monetary value and then use the funds to buy back at the bottom.
The aspect you are telling is true to the core, everyone is using USDT as a reserve currency to hold the value but the problem is that they cannot be trusted as they already faced legal actions against the asset funds they are holding and if something happens then the entire market will crash. The cryptocurrency market needs a trust able stable currency and we are yet to see one.
Activity: 574
Merit: 24
August 02, 2020, 01:59:50 PM
I trust and really like USDT because it gives you a lifeline when the market is dumping. You can sell your altcoins for USDT to preserve their monetary value and then use the funds to buy back at the bottom.
Activity: 480
Merit: 106
August 02, 2020, 01:59:04 PM
I don't trust it completely but I don't think it was a scam, also. I do understand USDT and stable coin but I wish there could be a different way to nail the dollar to Bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Never brought their self proclaim of "backed by dollar at 1:1 ratio" and I doubt any sane enough to trust that.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009
Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse
August 02, 2020, 01:54:49 PM
There are some discrepancies about USDT but personally I trust USDT and most times uses it to avoid loss when not so sue sure of which coin to invest in, thought when I Tether I don't make profit
Mostly it can be used in case when the price of a coin isn't stable and you want to take your profit with you, then you can switch to USDT for safe keeping and when the entry is right then again you can buy back the coin that you were investing into. Problem with USDT is that I always think that its value isn't actual at all, it is super hyped and the tether org is manipulating it's price so as to keep it stable all the times, whereas it used to fluctuate a lot in the starting days.
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
July 26, 2020, 04:10:00 PM
To me usdt is my most preferred stable coin and the traffic is huge as many prefers Ur so if there are issues with that coin I don't think people will easily accept because it has captured slot if hearts and has built huge trust. I don't see it as a scam till it scams anyone. Till date usdt is still my best stable coin.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 512
July 26, 2020, 02:57:45 PM
I know Tether has its issue and not 100% perfect but what I do not understand is that people still feel USDT is a scam, with $10 billion MCap the team must know what they are doing, just wait and see this is going to surpass the Mcap of Ethereum, to me I still trust Bitfinex more than any exchange in the space, just look at their order book and see what I mean, unlike the so called big exchanges in the space
Activity: 994
Merit: 593
aka JAGEND.
July 26, 2020, 02:31:43 PM
July, 26. From my twitter time line.
"150,000,000 #USDT (149,631,845 USD) minted at Tether Treasury"

Minted every weeks. Man, USDT minted can exceed the amount of $ already printed. Not mention one of the advantages possessed by USDT. USDT teams can freeze the USDT you have, even though the USDT you have is in your personal wallet. You guys can check this thread as comparison : [UPDATED] PSA: Most Stablecoins Can Be Frozen, Even in Your Own Wallets.

Activity: 812
Merit: 10
https://hovr.site/
July 26, 2020, 02:26:04 PM
The whole point of decentralized identity is missing its point when it comes to cryptocurrencies So buying USDT I think you will be safe the issue is You cant profit holding it If you want to trade then get comfortable with the volatile market,if not Sell to USDT and hold
Activity: 166
July 26, 2020, 11:22:17 AM
I use stable coins for trading only and USDT is my favorite because it's supported on many exchanges and also have better volume too, I don't know how strong usdt connection to regulations is but even if there will be any problem in future it will be resolved
Activity: 1638
Merit: 251
Hexhash.xyz
July 26, 2020, 11:14:24 AM
So far, im using USDT to trading with any coins and still fine so yes, i trust USDT at the moment.
Other stable coins are existing such DAI token, TUSD, etc but the most popular stable coin is USDT.
Most cryptocurrency exchanges are using USDT pair on their platform, so i think we are safe to use it.
Activity: 737
Merit: 104
July 25, 2020, 04:41:53 PM
I don't believe USDT. From many source i have come to learn that USDT is not backed by real Doller. It is also not under regulation. If this info is true there is no way to trust USDT.
Activity: 938
Merit: 500
https://youengine.io/
July 25, 2020, 03:48:58 PM
Yes. I can't fond any cause to not trust usdt. I am using it for a very long time and I never faced any kind of issues. I know there are lots of talks and did about usdt. But in the market usdt is the biggest stable coin available. And few days earlier it's overtake xrp also. So from here we can see it is the most used stable coin. So most of the people in the market trust it or use it. So do I. But there are lots of stable coins available so you can pick any otherthats upto you.
USDT has become a very popular means of payment in our world. Anyone who knows how to use it, they trust this new currency.
Activity: 1050
Martian Swap - Anti Whale Measures New Yield Farmi
July 25, 2020, 03:38:23 PM
Yes. I can't fond any cause to not trust usdt. I am using it for a very long time and I never faced any kind of issues. I know there are lots of talks and did about usdt. But in the market usdt is the biggest stable coin available. And few days earlier it's overtake xrp also. So from here we can see it is the most used stable coin. So most of the people in the market trust it or use it. So do I. But there are lots of stable coins available so you can pick any otherthats upto you.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 309
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
July 25, 2020, 12:51:19 PM
I do trust USDT, and even I love it now! Because tether was the first solution for avoiding the dump and keep your crypto money stable. Though right now, we have DAI, yet Tether looks better. Though USDC is better but not every exchange supports USDC, so, I do trade in USDT and withdraw money because TRC20 USDT has zero withdrawal fee when Bitcoin takes 3-4$! So, yes, I believe USDT, with all the negativity, Tether is only growing, and right now, it's 3rd ranked in CMC!      
Trust or not USDT depend how the United State government manage their economic financial, if they can't control with their economic situation I thinks USDT will be the same with other currency in the world, but today we can trust with USDT until ten years later keep stable price or become fantastic digital money payment for the future with higher value.
Activity: 431
Merit: 100
July 25, 2020, 12:48:24 PM
I don't trust USDT, you don't need to trust something before using it. I can see the point of USDT as a stable coin to switch when crypto market is volatile. Just get your idea right about USDT to keep it simple.
at present, the USDT is still a stable crypto asset. if you don't believe it then you don't need to use it. if you only trade on your country's local exchange that provides your country's currency then you don't need to use stable crypto-like USDT. unless you are a person who trades crypto by looking for global exchanges that have large volumes. You will certainly consider USDT as a favorite asset that will help you.
Activity: 692
Merit: 254
terra-credit.com
July 25, 2020, 12:47:26 PM
I do trust USDT, and even I love it now! Because tether was the first solution for avoiding the dump and keep your crypto money stable. Though right now, we have DAI, yet Tether looks better. Though USDC is better but not every exchange supports USDC, so, I do trade in USDT and withdraw money because TRC20 USDT has zero withdrawal fee when Bitcoin takes 3-4$! So, yes, I believe USDT, with all the negativity, Tether is only growing, and right now, it's 3rd ranked in CMC!      
Activity: 398
Merit: 100
July 25, 2020, 12:43:56 PM
I don't trust USDT, you don't need to trust something before using it. I can see the point of USDT as a stable coin to switch when crypto market is volatile. Just get your idea right about USDT to keep it simple.
Activity: 784
Merit: 101
July 25, 2020, 12:39:40 PM
I am hearing day by day about Tether problems and after 3 years, no one turned off the Tether. Governmens, banks, no one likes Tether because they are 'printing' money, but for now it doesn't look like that Tether will stop its functioning.
Activity: 854
July 24, 2020, 06:43:35 PM
I fo trust usdt 100%, it is a stable coin employed on the short term basis to maintain value for my capital / profits during a market fluctuations. You cannot trust usdt as an investment option, it is not designated to function that way. Always do your own research

Long term investment? I would say no. As far as I remember, last year they admitted that they are not fully backed by US$ assets. So what are the chances that they are very honest with their current assets? But if you just want to hold USDT for short period of time to avoid volatility aspect, you can do so. But not for long term in my opinion.

Individual school of thought about USDT differ. I have read and  heard a lot about it, but whatever has been said, i am less concerned. Inasmuchas it is stillveryuseful for moe, serving as an hedge or to preserve my portfolio and if it is working is that capacity, i will continue to trust it. Anytime there is a change in function, then i might start reconsidering.
Pages:
Jump to: