Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you trust USDT? - page 31. (Read 7077 times)

Activity: 523
Merit: 100
February 09, 2020, 07:04:12 PM
USD Tether is a Bitfinex issued ERC-20 token which is claimed to be backed by dollar at 1:1 ratio. There are controversial opinions about this and some say it's a scam.

Do you trust USDT or believe it might be a scam?
I never think USDT might be a scam. Several issue and bugs could stay in any coin, this isn't scam project symptom. If you face any problem in USDT coin, you should use Binance USD for stable coin. Only USDT has the top volume between all of stablecoin. I couldn't find anyone who says USDT is scam.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
February 09, 2020, 06:43:35 PM
USD Tether is a Bitfinex issued ERC-20 token which is claimed to be backed by dollar at 1:1 ratio. There are controversial opinions about this and some say it's a scam.

They have been accused before, so I don't know how you can 'trust' them.

I guess people or investors are going to be smart here, perhaps they are just going to take advantage and just used it to leverage, but to say that they 100% trust them, is an overstatement.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 105
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh |🔥Launchpad on TON
February 09, 2020, 06:32:29 PM

I trust USDT, because sometimes after selling altcoin that I have, I will buy USDT, so that the value of my money does not change and wait until the price of altcoin that I want to invest goes down, then when the price goes down I will buy it using USDT, because in my opinion store the money we have in USDT when we haven't been able to choose the right altcoin to make an investment is a good choice than saving it in Bitcoin or ETH, because it can keep our money stable (can't make our money go down when the price of Bitcoin or Eth goes down).
Activity: 756
Merit: 100
February 09, 2020, 06:28:43 PM

I can't see any stable coin before 2015-2016. Only Tether was very old stable coin to freeze money. Yes I believe and trust  USDT coin since I joined in cryptocurrency. You can earn from trading  USDT - USD, because their ratio isn't equal. I can't see any controversial information.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 68
February 09, 2020, 06:16:45 PM
I think i have not had any reason to doubt or discredit usdt
Like i usually say, my crypto journey is from altcoin to bitcoin, if i don't save to bitcoin

I save to my bank account, but i think usdt is fair enough to help you short losses and store funds just for a while
Activity: 82
Merit: 1
February 09, 2020, 06:01:10 PM
I don't fully trust with anything in crypto world because it has a big chance to turn into a scam, including USDT. I never used USDT, I rather buy FIAT currency with BTC to save my money when the bear market come than buy some stable coins.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
February 09, 2020, 05:42:26 PM
It is a centralized project with many not answered questions, their behavior is little bit shady, they failed to prove all their funds on bank accounts, plus they changed the terms that USDT is backed to 1USD or to another asset, which can´t be verified. Thats why I rather buy and hold decentralized alternative: USDQ or DAI that have strict rules and this rules can´t be as it suits the founders.  Cool
Activity: 42
Merit: 1
February 09, 2020, 05:32:54 PM
I don't trust it because of the way is it issued, it might not have 1:1 rate with real USD , but i might get wrong. Someone say on youtube that they issue the coins every month / the team behind USDT to pay their costs and income.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 793
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
February 09, 2020, 05:30:51 PM
USDT becomes most preferred stable crypto among traders and it also maintain its ratio value with actual USD more stable than other stable cryptos.

But everything is under control of someone has risk of turning into scam!
Activity: 248
Merit: 112
Time is money so I went and bought a Rolex
February 09, 2020, 05:14:42 PM

Pages:
Jump to: