Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you use blue light glasses?? - page 2. (Read 489 times)

legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
March 19, 2019, 08:16:56 PM
I just bought my glasses which come with blue light protection. I can barely notice the difference, but if I pay attention, I can see the more "yellow-ish" colors. It works fine so far.

People suggest "f.lux" app but it does not work on my iPad or iPhone?
I thought iOS had a native "night mode" that "lowers" the blue light? I use the 3D touch on the bright panel and it just shows a bubble to enable/disable it.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
March 19, 2019, 08:13:33 PM
Most new devices that are available in the market right now has a built in blue light filter like the phone I have. Blue light or anti radiation glasses are more common to those who work at nightmare hours in the front of PC. But if you're just an ordinary person, you could have save a lot less if you just control your usage of devices especially if it's pass of your bed time.
Activity: 168
Merit: 2
February 06, 2019, 12:01:14 PM
I have been asking around some

People suggest "f.lux" app but it does not work on my iPad or iPhone?

It is a red light app
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
February 06, 2019, 08:00:36 AM
I do not use anything like this, I just try to be less at the computer, and periodically do exercises for the eyes.
copper member
Activity: 84
February 06, 2019, 05:30:05 AM
Last I heard, the blue light glasses have minimal effectiveness, but I haven't looked into the scientific aspects of it. Perhaps a blue light filter on your laptop/desktop screen could work better?
February 04, 2019, 01:35:10 PM
I bought a pair like 2 weeks ago and I have to tell you that it makes a huge difference. I used to try to sleep while closing my eyes would cause a strong burn feeling, let alone the headaches. But make sure to buy high quality ones because cheap ones can damage your eyes.

Which ones are high quality?  Specific models? Prices?  thanks Smiley
Activity: 4
February 03, 2019, 09:48:56 PM
I don't need them currently, good lighting in my office, optimized night light and the monitor brightness at around 20%.
Activity: 3
February 03, 2019, 09:02:22 PM
Anyone here that can recommend me some good glasses, I see a lot choices around the net but you know things go there. Anyone that currently is wearing them? Do you feel the difference? Do you get the headaches?
Activity: 5
February 03, 2019, 03:44:28 PM
I bought a pair like 2 weeks ago and I have to tell you that it makes a huge difference. I used to try to sleep while closing my eyes would cause a strong burn feeling, let alone the headaches. But make sure to buy high quality ones because cheap ones can damage your eyes.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1338
Slava Ukraini!
February 03, 2019, 02:58:29 PM
No, I don't use blue light glasses. Actually I didn't knew that such glasses are available before I saw this thread. When I work in front of computer for a long time, I'm trying to do short breaks when I feel that my eyes got tired. I also doing eyes exercises sometimes.
Activity: 952
Merit: 576
February 03, 2019, 11:04:27 AM
try eyespec glass for your  eye
Activity: 39
February 02, 2019, 11:38:49 AM
what brand or model glasses did you buy? How much?

No brand. Bought it on my local optic shop
February 01, 2019, 04:10:13 PM
what brand or model glasses did you buy? How much?
Activity: 39
February 01, 2019, 01:16:56 PM
Yes i do. I can't stand long enough in front of my laptop without my glasses. Once i  didn't wear it and instantly got dizzy
January 31, 2019, 11:31:48 AM
Thanks for the responses. I will look into the glasses.

Instead of glasses, is there just a simple translucent blue light screen shield to put over laptops?
Activity: 32
January 30, 2019, 05:12:07 PM
In order not to spoil the eyes you need, you must not forget to blink your eyes, and not look at one point. Most often this causes all eye problems.
I use several monitors on the table, and I must admit that it is even better for the eyes. When you use some monitors, you do not look to one side, but always rotate your head, your eyes do not stagnate as a result.
Activity: 21
January 30, 2019, 04:06:18 PM
In order not to spoil the eyes you need, you must not forget to blink your eyes, and not look at one point. Most often this causes all eye problems.
Activity: 84
Merit: 5
January 30, 2019, 03:08:32 PM
After using contact lenses for over a decade I decided to switch to glasses. There was an option to add blue light filters to the glasses. And after using the glasses for over half a year now, I can say that it is very effective, since the screen time is such a large chunk of the day. I am less tired and it is slightly easier for the eyes. In the end it was a good investment.  Smiley
January 29, 2019, 06:22:59 PM
I think they are actually red-light apps. The red drowns out the blue-light.

Think of how military uses red lights outside  at night to be not detected.

Anybody else have some info on this?

No, that's infrared, same thing security cameras use, you see the light in the monitor but not with your eyes.

The military does use true red lamps for lightning in some (emergency) situations, but that is meant to make it quick for the eye to adjust to total darkness. If you go from white light suddenly to dark, you see nothing for a minute or so, but if you instead of bright go from reddish dim light to dark, you get to see things faster.

Imagine you are under attack at night and your facility suddenly loses power, then you'll be a minute in blindness, enough for a tactical team to pwn you... And that is also the idea behind flash grenades (usually also accompanied by a deafening bang sound that leaves your ears ringing and hearing nothing for a minute or so as well).

No it's just red light nothing special.  The local astronomy group of telescope people use red lights at night so their pupils do not dialate.

If you guys want to make some bucks, let's build a computer screen similar to Kindle, you know how it does not burn your eyes? That is the future.
donator
Activity: 406
Merit: 252
Study the past, if you would divine the future.
January 29, 2019, 03:58:26 PM
I do have friends that use these glasses but I never have, I have already formed a habit that after an hour being online working I go out and walk for 15 mins. It not only helps with my eyesight but refreshing my mind and stretching out my legs, I come back energized to keep working hard.
Pages:
Jump to: