Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you use blue light glasses?? - page 3. (Read 489 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
January 29, 2019, 03:54:54 PM
Is there any science behind these glasses. I have never tried them but they seem like just a quick way to earn a buck from companies?
Activity: 15
January 29, 2019, 01:52:19 PM
I was just thinking about this today. I'm usually around 10 hours in front of the PC working or playing games and never thought of using glasses. Recently I started having headaches and eye burning, I think these are the indicators that I need to wear some screen protection glasses.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1563
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
January 29, 2019, 12:14:34 PM
I think they are actually red-light apps. The red drowns out the blue-light.

Think of how military uses red lights outside  at night to be not detected.

Anybody else have some info on this?

No, that's infrared, same thing security cameras use, you see the light in the monitor but not with your eyes.

The military does use true red lamps for lightning in some (emergency) situations, but that is meant to make it quick for the eye to adjust to total darkness. If you go from white light suddenly to dark, you see nothing for a minute or so, but if you instead of bright go from reddish dim light to dark, you get to see things faster.

Imagine you are under attack at night and your facility suddenly loses power, then you'll be a minute in blindness, enough for a tactical team to pwn you... And that is also the idea behind flash grenades (usually also accompanied by a deafening bang sound that leaves your ears ringing and hearing nothing for a minute or so as well).
Activity: 168
Merit: 2
January 29, 2019, 11:17:04 AM
I think they are actually red-light apps. The red drowns out the blue-light.

Think of how military uses red lights outside  at night to be not detected.

Anybody else have some info on this?
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1563
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
January 29, 2019, 10:17:54 AM
I exercise my eye muscles by holding my hands in front of my face with the fingers slightly apart. I then move them rapidly through a range of about 6 inches whilst looking at a light source.

Is that better than moving your head to see things around you from time to time? Tho in a work cubicle that might be a nice trick...

I wouldn't use a "blue light" filtering lens as that would probably affect the color gamut of things...
brand new
Activity: 0
January 29, 2019, 06:52:48 AM
What is the benefit of using blue light glasses???
copper member
Activity: 252
Merit: 6
January 28, 2019, 03:48:56 PM
To prevent burning out my eyes using computers and my precious Circadian Rhythm...

What do you use, glasses, applications?  Special computer screens or what?? Cry Cry Cry

The sleeping has gone out of the window since I got involved with the Cryptocurrency  Grin Grin
Activity: 434
Merit: 11
January 28, 2019, 01:16:47 PM
i have another option no glass but we can remove  blue on software you can use bluefilter software
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462
https://JetCash.com
January 28, 2019, 01:16:12 PM
I exercise my eye muscles by holding my hands in front of my face with the fingers slightly apart. I then move them rapidly through a range of about 6 inches whilst looking at a light source.

Activity: 154
Merit: 24
The future of security tokens
January 28, 2019, 01:04:42 PM
I do not use any of the above,as I do not have any issues with looking at the screen of my computer for a while,there are special apps that aid you to protect your eyes from the screen of the system,and you can search online for them,as it'll be helpful to you.
Activity: 2058
Merit: 532
FREE passive income eBook @ tinyurl.com/PIA10
January 28, 2019, 12:56:21 PM
I don't use any special glasses, but this free program F.lux does the job well; all you have to do is download and install.

It adjusts the color temperature of your screen throughout the day (you can adjust). You might take a while to adjust to the temperature changes but trust me, it's something I can't recommend highly enough!
Activity: 168
Merit: 2
January 28, 2019, 12:21:42 PM
To prevent burning out my eyes using computers and my precious Circadian Rhythm...

What do you use, glasses, applications?  Special computer screens or what?? Cry Cry Cry
Pages:
Jump to: