Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you use diversification? - page 28. (Read 4365 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 259
September 07, 2018, 07:52:31 PM
For example, you have some altcoin (in my case it's Metaverse ETP) and you expect it to grow. But in a weak market, this altcoin behaves like bull and you have the opportunity now to sell it and buy an asset that looks weak in the market (for example Qash, Tierion, Nem, Odyssey or Republic Protocol) in order to get the greatest possible profit. Or leave a strong asset and wait for its further growth. What do you think about this?

Sure, diversification is a key to success. Do not keep all your eggs in one basket. Still, if the ALTs are going up, most of them do, but good ones can go way higher and on average you will be doing pretty well if your portfolio is diversified.
I would add surely BTC and ETH to the portfolio, as they are a must in a portfolio in my opinion.
Activity: 223
Merit: 10
September 07, 2018, 07:36:55 PM
I believe every investor has his own way of investing but I would rather go for diversification. This strategy help to reduce risk to the bearest minimum. If an investor perceives that there are opportunities in two different investments, it is better to distribute his investment on both rather than putting it all in one.
Activity: 784
Merit: 6
September 07, 2018, 07:23:35 PM
I so much believe in diversification and that i believe is the only way through which you can make safe investment in the cryptospace. Coins do not behave the same way at all times. The coin that you think might perform well, might end up not being profitable and vice versa, which is one of the reasons why one needs to invest into different good coins.
Activity: 143
Merit: 1
September 06, 2018, 10:10:49 AM
A lot of people use it I am sure including I, it is better to have a single project of coin and can not to sleep thinking about losing money tomorrow. I suppose that it is not bad and in future it will be even more popular than it is now.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 269
September 01, 2018, 05:10:58 AM
If that coin has potential and it's market revenue still growing in short it has good fundementals then why not if you've already done your research and will make immediate gains. Then you should probably cut your losses and sell that coin that is currently in a downtrend and buy a new one that indicates a bullish run.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
First Islamic Crypto Exchange
September 01, 2018, 05:07:23 AM
Of course, I try to diversify my investment with various coins from the top 100
Activity: 756
Merit: 13
August 31, 2018, 12:40:36 PM
Diversification is an important rule when investing. I invest in various crypto-currencies to minimize their risks. The main thing is to invest in technology projects with a good perspective.
Activity: 574
Merit: 11
August 30, 2018, 06:42:28 PM
Diversification in one of main rules of every professional investor. Also diversification is not only invest in different cryptocurrencies it is also invest in other investment instruments.
Activity: 210
August 30, 2018, 06:40:35 PM
Diversification is the basic principle of investment and not only in cryptocurrencies, it is better to spread your money on different coins
Activity: 322
Merit: 14
August 30, 2018, 06:36:39 PM
For example, you have some altcoin (in my case it's Metaverse ETP) and you expect it to grow. But in a weak market, this altcoin behaves like bull and you have the opportunity now to sell it and buy an asset that looks weak in the market (for example Qash, Tierion, Nem, Odyssey or Republic Protocol) in order to get the greatest possible profit. Or leave a strong asset and wait for its further growth. What do you think about this?
What I hear about diversification in many cases sounds like "buy 10 different lottery tickets instead of 10 tickets of the same one".
Other words, if you have no clue about where you put your money, it's still a lottery regardless of any diversification.
Activity: 784
Merit: 6
August 29, 2018, 05:56:07 PM
There are times that some coins that you feel would grow, refuse to grow, instead they keep falling. So if you have the opportunity of having a very good coins, that you term as being strong, pls stick to it and get your profit from it.
copper member
Activity: 83
Merit: 0
August 29, 2018, 05:16:50 PM
Of course, we need to diversify our investments and invest not only in stable crypto-currencies, but also risky new crypto-currencies that can bring very big profits. But the most important thing is not to invest all the money in new crypto-currencies, because it is very dangerous.
Activity: 160
Merit: 1
August 29, 2018, 05:14:51 PM
Why not? It is very useful and suitable way to be in crypto and to make money from a lot of crypto currencies that is not so simple in realisation and moves.
Activity: 406
August 29, 2018, 02:07:56 PM

Of course I use diversification to minimize losses and always remain at a profit. You only need to carefully analyze the coins before buying otherwise the diversification will be useless.   
Activity: 154
August 25, 2018, 07:57:12 PM

I think diversifying is generally a good way, because if you invest in just one coin, you might loss all your investment just in one or two days. But if you diversify your portfolio, I think you can catch better opportunities
Activity: 217
August 25, 2018, 07:48:42 PM
of course, this is the most important skill when you are going to invest your money. It is always necessary to diversify your risks, but it is desirable that they were completely different directions
Activity: 7
August 25, 2018, 07:47:28 PM
Diversification is a must in any investment really, you shouldn't put all your eggs in one basket.

This doesn't mean that you should spend your money everywhere without doing any research though. The projects must be rock solid with a good roadmap and a strong team otherwise It's not different then investing everything you have in one alt.

+++

exactly
Activity: 84
August 25, 2018, 07:46:47 PM
I use diversification now more than ever, probably because I am using daily trading as my trading scheme, so I can't just focus on a single coin.
Activity: 291
August 25, 2018, 07:42:22 PM
I'm forced to diversify because I have absolutely no idea which way the market is going to turn.  When you don't know what's going on the best thing to do is spread the risk.  
Activity: 994
Merit: 117
August 25, 2018, 07:40:57 PM
I think there are now many people doing daily trading in this way.
because if only a short one can be profitable, what's more if you make a long-term investment.
but clearly the risk of diversification is much greater if you hold it for a long time.
Pages:
Jump to: