Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you use multiple Bitcoin Wallets to store your Bitcoins? - page 8. (Read 10920 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
Its kind of bad decision to keep bitcoins in a single place as most wallets get hacked...... Roll Eyes
Wallets being hacked is mostly due to bad security of the PC people are using, or in certain cases that people don't use a password to secure their wallet backups.

Some people even have a bait wallet (unsecured wallet backup with a certain low amount of coins) to see whether or not their PC is hacked. It's no guarantee at all, but it helps a bit.
Activity: 266
Merit: 251
I'm using multiple Bitcoin Wallets ranging from desktop wallets to web wallets such as Coinbase and snapcard to store my bitcoins. I don't prefer wallets that change your bitcoin address every transaction because it is confusing to use since I didn't know whether or not if we can use the same address every time.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

It's just smart to have your BTC spread around some...  Especially if you use online wallets.  I just keep pretty small amounts in my online wallets, and put larger amounts in hardware wallets Trezor or Ledger.

Another advantage to using different wallets is that you eventually find one that you prefer over the others.
I keep large number coins in ledger wallet and some on mycelium,electrum and blockchain. i only open my ledger wallet whenever i want additional coins for purchases.
Activity: 938
Merit: 503
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
If you really need to put only, split the money into some wallets.

And take a look about any hardware wallet, like Ledger.
Activity: 938
Merit: 503
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
well for me i use just a wallet account..and thats blockchain and feel its save for me...and convinient for me to use....anytime and to store my btc..widely recognise here in my country...

Take this as an advice: Don’t do it. There are some reports that some blockchain wallets were stolen.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
I don't have enough bitcoins left with me at a moment so I am using only multi bit wallet, but in future if I would be holding enough number of coins then I will surely go for multiple wallets.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

It's just smart to have your BTC spread around some...  Especially if you use online wallets.  I just keep pretty small amounts in my online wallets, and put larger amounts in hardware wallets Trezor or Ledger.

Another advantage to using different wallets is that you eventually find one that you prefer over the others.
Activity: 334
Merit: 250
well for me i use just a wallet account..and thats blockchain and feel its save for me...and convinient for me to use....anytime and to store my btc..widely recognise here in my country...
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Hey guys,

I was wondering if you keep all your bitcoins in one wallet, or do you use multiple providers/accounts?

I am currently using 3 different wallets, it kinda feels safer not to store everything in once place...

Thoughts?

MC  Smiley
I am also using multiple wallets for my Bitcoin because I think that it is allot saver to split your Bitcoin and not store them in one wallet.
Splitting them is better because hackers are active and with multiple wallets they cannot take everything.

Yes and having multiple wallets will minimize the risk of loosing bitcoins, as if you save all your bitcoins in a single wallet and if anything goes wrong with it in future then you will loose everything that you have.
Activity: 406
Hey guys,

I was wondering if you keep all your bitcoins in one wallet, or do you use multiple providers/accounts?

I am currently using 3 different wallets, it kinda feels safer not to store everything in once place...

Thoughts?

MC  Smiley
I am also using multiple wallets for my Bitcoin because I think that it is allot saver to split your Bitcoin and not store them in one wallet.
Splitting them is better because hackers are active and with multiple wallets they cannot take everything.
copper member
Activity: 2212
Merit: 605
🍓 BALIK Never DM First
Its kind of bad decision to keep bitcoins in a single place as most wallets get hacked...... Roll Eyes
Nope, just used Bitcoin Core or Electron bro (the best and safe wallet for me)
Activity: 575
Merit: 500
I use some different bitcoin wallets and the reason is that I want to learn about all of them so That I will be able to know that which one is best for me.

a lot of people are doing like that for selecting a good wallet for their use, I also in the start started to join different wallets so that I  know that what is the good bitcoin wallet.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1329
Stultorum infinitus est numerus
I use only 1 bitcoin wallet to receive coins but always keep offline backup and paper wallet of this address for safety reasons because we don't know when out data can lost accidentally on laptop.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
I use some different bitcoin wallets and the reason is that I want to learn about all of them so That I will be able to know that which one is best for me.
Activity: 41
so far i just using blockchain as my wallet
Activity: 338
IF you want to make sure that your bitcoins are safe you need to make sure you are using a good wallet and trusted off course because allot f wallets are just a scamm!!
Activity: 1680
Merit: 655
It depends on the wallet really. For instance there are wallets before you open the app lets you ask for a pin before accessing the wallet. And also when you log in into their pc site will send you a text message containing a code so that you know you are the only one who can access your account. For me having a multiple wallets is much dangerous to keep track with.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
No I use only 1 wallet because I have very less amount of bitcoin that is I have only 0.03 btc now so I m happy with 1 wallet and having too many wallet makes me confused and my mind get lost in somewhere else. But i do have many other wallets such as paytm, freecharge, oxigen because they have many offers on mobile recharge.
Activity: 57
Activity: 504
Hey guys,

Thoughts?

MC  Smiley

I have most of my BTC in a "warm" wallet where the private key is encrypted with a strong password, but is still on my computer. I rarely open it.
I have a hot wallet on Mycelium with about $15 BTC at a time for quick and small transactions.
Pages:
Jump to: