Pages:
Author

Topic: Does Anyone Else Believe In Jesus Christ ? - page 18. (Read 18077 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
October 29, 2013, 08:31:55 PM
No, I believe in a man named Jeshua vin Joseph who was not the savior of man kind, but sacrificed himself so that his followers may live in peace from the government.

When Jesus was killed, Rome felt it was safe to stop hunting down Christians so aggressively (at least for the time being).

And the belief contradicts itself. It says Jesus knew he was going to die, then Jesus is on the cross saying "Father, why have you forsaken me. In your heart forsaken me. In your eyes forsaken me. In your mind forsaken me."

He was not ready to die. He was not done. Stop acting like it was good that he died, it's gross that no one acknowledges his sadness at dying and potential if he had been allowed to live.
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
October 29, 2013, 07:06:45 PM
Certain parts of religion such as xmas, diwali, eid etc are good and are enjoyed by millions.

Even atheists enjoy xmas with friends and family because it is something that people tend to celebrate regardless of whether they are devout church goers.

Yeah, I do celebrate the Winter Solstice with a good dinner, and enjoy the gifts. Cheesy
Activity: 24
October 29, 2013, 06:56:48 PM
Certain parts of religion such as xmas, diwali, eid etc are good and are enjoyed by millions.

Even atheists enjoy xmas with friends and family because it is something that people tend to celebrate regardless of whether they are devout church goers.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
October 29, 2013, 06:15:34 PM
Do you believe in UFOs, astral projections, mental telepathy, ESP, clairvoyance, spirit photography, telekinetic movement, full trance mediums, the Loch Ness monster and the theory of Atlantis?
Yessir I believe in everything, even santa clause (he's somewhere in the universe).

Especially astral projection, since I've done that.

There's nothing wrong with faith or belief, when you truly believe something, that's when your whole reality can change exponentially.

This is not black and white, if someone truly believes he has to kill other people or deny other people their rights because their god, or aliens, says so, that's wrong!
Then the problem is the belief that someone has to kill someone, not the foundation of beliefs.  You can equally oppose that belief, as you do.

Beliefs are neutral, we interpret them to be good or bad.  So believe in positives, and you'll find unconditional love.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
October 29, 2013, 06:01:28 PM
No, I am not really all that familiar with any groups who believe there will be a 'one world currency'.
So you're a christian has no idea what the bible says.  Awesome.

As far as 'groups' that believe there will be a one world currency, pretty much every church on planet earth, for starters.
No they do not.  You refer to a verse in Revelations having to do with the number 666.  There are many interpretations to that and many regard Revelations as totally stupid.

It feels so good to know it is OK to feel safe making fun of Christians, no mater what. Wink
I agree 100%.  I also believe a lot of media personalities and a lot of individuals who make fun of Christians but don't even think of giving equal time and equal ridicule to muslims are spineless, gutless wimps and intellectually dishonest.

....is there anything wrong with this statement? -> "i believe that i am". if not than, using the socratic method, i think it could be used to break your claim "Both the terms belief, and faith imply that evidence is not used in the decision process."

I think Christians might look at things such as the wonders of life as 'evidence', but with exceptions of some of them who are idiots and misunderstand their own faith, they are basically, 'the faithful'.

Faith, and belief, are central issues.  "evidence", is secondary or tertiary...

Yes, there is a lot wrong with the statement "I believe that I am."  Let me correct it to "I am."
Or how about I am what I believe?
No, you are not what you believe.  But beliefs can take a person a long way toward becoming better.

Or worse.

legendary
Activity: 947
Merit: 1042
Hamster ate my bitcoin
October 29, 2013, 05:19:12 PM
Do you believe in UFOs, astral projections, mental telepathy, ESP, clairvoyance, spirit photography, telekinetic movement, full trance mediums, the Loch Ness monster and the theory of Atlantis?
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
October 29, 2013, 02:54:48 PM
There's nothing wrong with faith or belief, when you truly believe something, that's when your whole reality can change exponentially.

This is not black and white, if someone truly believes he has to kill other people or deny other people their rights because their god, or aliens, says so, that's wrong!
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon
October 29, 2013, 02:18:08 PM
It feels so good to know it is OK to feel safe making fun of Christians, no mater what. Wink
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
October 29, 2013, 11:51:23 AM
....is there anything wrong with this statement? -> "i believe that i am". if not than, using the socratic method, i think it could be used to break your claim "Both the terms belief, and faith imply that evidence is not used in the decision process."

I think Christians might look at things such as the wonders of life as 'evidence', but with exceptions of some of them who are idiots and misunderstand their own faith, they are basically, 'the faithful'.

Faith, and belief, are central issues.  "evidence", is secondary or tertiary...

Yes, there is a lot wrong with the statement "I believe that I am."  Let me correct it to "I am."
Or how about I am what I believe?

Why can nobody comprehend or understand the concept of performing miracles?  If you believe something enough, it becomes true.  Jesus was able to believe in himself and perform the impossible.  I have performed the impossible myself from quantum healing a dog from cancer to holding back a piece of a cloud from moving while others watched.  Nothing is impossible and beliefs are not issues for everyone has beliefs and they manifest the physical world.  Negative beliefs are negative, but believing in something positive is only true.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
October 29, 2013, 11:31:09 AM

Jesus was raised from the dead on the third day

There is evidence that he never die on the cross.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8oTvddRFLA
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
October 29, 2013, 10:42:17 AM
No, I am not really all that familiar with any groups who believe there will be a 'one world currency'.
So you're a christian has no idea what the bible says.  Awesome.

As far as 'groups' that believe there will be a one world currency, pretty much every church on planet earth, for starters.
legendary
October 29, 2013, 10:32:03 AM
I grew up learning about Jesus from my family and they were always obsessed with the second coming. Once you've believed that for so long, picturing Jesus shooting from the sky on a fiery chariot, you kind've slack on life, at least some of my family did. Couldn't embrace the rapture element...
A fiery CHARIOT?

Aw come on.

At least let's give him a 1968 Camaro, yellow with black stripes, twin  turbocharged.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
October 29, 2013, 09:21:36 AM
Yes I do Smiley
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
October 29, 2013, 09:21:11 AM
I believe there was a bloke named Jesus.

I believe he was overloaded with charisma.

I don't believe he was magical tho

I'm more inclined to there being a roman named Paul who was rather good at telling stuff...
Activity: 132
October 29, 2013, 09:15:16 AM
I believe.

I believe that Jesus Christ is Lord and the Name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost is Jesus Christ.

I also believe in Laying on hands and prayer healing.  I have seen/heard way to much of people deathly sick, getting serious round the clock prayer from people that are serious about praying, and then going back to the doctor with nothing to be found.

If you are a skeptic, Check out a few live broadcast services sometime.

http://www.believerstabernacle.net/

Also, to test if God is talking to you, simply read some Bible scripture, have a serious questioning conversation about the subject matter with a loved one, and then watch a live service, and see if that subject is not talked about at some point in the broadcast.

Jesus was raised from the dead on the third day

I also believe that if you say that with your mouth,
and believe it in your heart,  AND DO WORKS THAT SHOW FAITH.

Then you will be saved.
Activity: 28
October 29, 2013, 09:02:09 AM
I grew up learning about Jesus from my family and they were always obsessed with the second coming. Once you've believed that for so long, picturing Jesus shooting from the sky on a fiery chariot, you kind've slack on life, at least some of my family did. Couldn't embrace the rapture element...
legendary
October 29, 2013, 07:36:18 AM

oh sure, and we will probably simulate universes on computers in the future, and those universes will probably develop life and that life will build computers that simulate universes on into infinity and that is a pretty good argument for the fact that our universe was probably simulated in such a manner. if you want to call the scientists who created our universe gods, than yea ok there is a reasonable chance that god or gods are real. That doesn't meet my criteria for god though. And of course none of that is faith based, i think its a pretty decent and logically consistent argument. if you want to call such beings gods, than it sure as hell is a better argument for the existence of gods than, "well i just have faith".
It does not follow that 'universes can be simulated on computers', because there you encounter the problem of resolution of the simulated universe.  Perhaps you might use a granularity of 1 centimeter.  But that wouldn't resolve a person very well, and would not give him much of a brain.  So ideally, you'd use a resolution of a subatomic particle.  You'd need as much memory for your computer as the total sum of subatomic particles....at that point the particles clearly have the advantage, as opposed to the simulation.

If we argue for the existence of a consciousness-dense universe, then using the prior assertions it is required to recognize that all of that consciousness came to be after the big bang.  Another common concept for a god is something/someone that stands outside the process of the creation of the universe, who was there 'before the big bang'.  This to me is a question that does not have to be answered since dimensionality and the arrow of time did not exist before the big bang.  The question is improperly constructed.

Activity: 154
October 29, 2013, 03:07:37 AM
i do Belive
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029
October 29, 2013, 03:05:01 AM
Juses Crust
Activity: 896
Merit: 532
Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum
October 29, 2013, 12:33:35 AM
I believe there was a bloke named Jesus.

I believe he was overloaded with charisma.

I don't believe he was magical tho
Pages:
Jump to: