Pages:
Author

Topic: Does anyone still have their Jalapenos plugged in? - page 2. (Read 2566 times)

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501
I still run mine, 13GH between the two of them.  They're not fast, but they just work.  They give no bother at all.
Activity: 366
Merit: 250
I'm still running my 2 Jalapenos(15 g/h combined), and they get me 0.0024 btc's combined per 24hrs; this is equivalent to $1.35 per day at current btc prices; electricity is $0.35 per day.  Why?  It is still technically profitable, I enjoy running a mining machine (will only buy bitcoins this year), and I have to consider that I am mining for bitcoins that will be worth $10,000 instead of current prices; this means that I am really making about $24 per day for having them running.  Anyone else running dinosaur tech gear?

Yeah, if you think it would worth $10,000, please sell your jalapenos and buy BTC.. you should earn more then double this way..
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Hyperspace snail
I have 2 in the basement, mining some TAK right now. Works like a charm with Minepeon Smiley
donator
Activity: 1616
Merit: 1003
If you can put up with the noise, why not? They are still mining more BTC than they are using electricity, even at $0.30 / kWh.

I believe I have 8 running - some hidden away in a basement and others in the back of a data center rack.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
That would be an excellent way to use older gear I hope it pans out.

I still have my Jalapeno running.  It has been upgraded to 20 gh/s and works great.

I'm still running my 2 Jalapenos(15 g/h combined), and they get me 0.0024 btc's combined per 24hrs; this is equivalent to $1.35 per day at current btc prices; electricity is $0.35 per day.  Why?  It is still technically profitable, I enjoy running a mining machine (will only buy bitcoins this year), and I have to consider that I am mining for bitcoins that will be worth $10,000 instead of current prices; this means that I am really making about $24 per day for having them running.  Anyone else running dinosaur tech gear?

ispace.co.uk >>>thinking about mining a non-exchange coin with my fpgas soon to hopefully make their money back. 
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018
HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

ispace.co.uk >>>thinking about mining a non-exchange coin with my fpgas soon to hopefully make their money back. 
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Pages:
Jump to: