Pages:
Author

Topic: Does Atlantis really exist? - page 3. (Read 4242 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 501
January 20, 2015, 01:48:14 PM
If it did exist, it was most likely a post-Flood island somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean, leaving only much smaller islands still sitting above the Atlantic Ocean’s surface.
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
January 20, 2015, 12:48:24 PM
Hi OP, just a friendly tip regarding spelling / grammer Smiley

Does atlantis really exist

Do you think Atlantis exists?
Does he think Atlantis exists?
Do they think Atlantis exists?
Does Google think Atlantis exists?
Do I think Atlantis exists?

Hope this helps!
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
January 20, 2015, 11:20:42 AM

Actually, there is a reason why this "lost civilization" doesn't exist. But it is not what you think.

Smiley

if there was a civilization before it or self-destruct (with a few remaining survivants, in 100's ww) or it faced the "contact" and wasn't ready, ie didn't made peace with life it self. Maybe someone at the time tried to ban a plant?

p.s. we lack a tinfoilgearedsmiley : Cheesy  Roll Eyes

No. The reason that there isn't any lost civilization anywhere, and the reason that there never was, is that Noah and his family were the only survivors of the Great Flood of his day - about 4,500 years ago.

All people are descendants of the sons of Noah, even though many of us have the mingling of inferior DNA in our bodies, DNA from the angels that God translated into our mega universe from their own mega universes, to have the pleasure of helping Him with making our universe be what He wanted it to be. My guess is that God didn't want this mingling, but that the angels did it on their own. Some of these angels have remained obstinate in their ways (evil angels, like Satan). Others have repented of their deeds and gone back to God in friendship. Some never turned from God at all. Long story.

Smiley

EDIT: Man's DNA is stronger and is overcoming the weaker angel(alien) DNA within us. This is because God made the angel DNA only sufficient for them to keep them in bodily form while they were working on our universe with God. Their DNA wasn't meant to be strong for this universe like ours is. Perhaps they were going to be sent "home" sometime, after people had spread out and populated the stars. Many of the angels wouldn't have been needed after that.

The populating of the stars by man will never take place because Satan, a very powerful angel, turned evil, and brought evil(imperfection) into this universe, and God doesn't go for even a smidgen of imperfection. So, He is going to destroy this universe and remake it for us, long before we would have the ability to populate even any of the near stars.

Are we seriously talking about DNA and have sex with angles..................... I.. wow.

Yes. That's where some of the varieties and abilities of human beings come from. That's part of the reason why some people have more muscle, others are smarter, others are prettier, others are great thinkers, others are weaker in various ways. It comes from the introduction of alien (angel) DNA into our systems back at times both before and after the Flood. Personally, I don't think it is happening at present, but how could I really know?

Human DNA is made for Earth. Angel DNA in us is being gradually overcome, through the generations, by our human DNA bodily systems. But it still exerts some influence in most if not all of us.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
January 19, 2015, 04:36:32 PM

Actually, there is a reason why this "lost civilization" doesn't exist. But it is not what you think.

Smiley

if there was a civilization before it or self-destruct (with a few remaining survivants, in 100's ww) or it faced the "contact" and wasn't ready, ie didn't made peace with life it self. Maybe someone at the time tried to ban a plant?

No. The reason that there isn't any lost civilization anywhere, and the reason that there never was, is that Noah and his family were the only survivors of the Great Flood of his day - about 4,500 years ago.

All people are descendants of the sons of Noah, even though many of us have the mingling of inferior DNA in our bodies, DNA from the angels that God translated into our mega universe from their own mega universes, to have the pleasure of helping Him with making our universe be what He wanted it to be. My guess is that God didn't want this mingling, but that the angels did it on their own. Some of these angels have remained obstinate in their ways (evil angels, like Satan). Others have repented of their deeds and gone back to God in friendship. Some never turned from God at all. Long story.

Smiley

EDIT: Man's DNA is stronger and is overcoming the weaker angel(alien) DNA within us. This is because God made the angel DNA only sufficient for them to keep them in bodily form while they were working on our universe with God. Their DNA wasn't meant to be strong for this universe like ours is. Perhaps they were going to be sent "home" sometime, after people had spread out and populated the stars. Many of the angels wouldn't have been needed after that.

The populating of the stars by man will never take place because Satan, a very powerful angel, turned evil, and brought evil(imperfection) into this universe, and God doesn't go for even a smidgen of imperfection. So, He is going to destroy this universe and remake it for us, long before we would have the ability to populate even any of the near stars.

Are we seriously talking about DNA and have sex with angles..................... I.. wow.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
January 19, 2015, 04:35:08 PM
Perhaps it was antartica and some massive disaster hit earth.  There is no real evidence proving just how old humanity is.  Not too long ago relative to the existance of earth antartica would of had a very nice climate.

Weapons to move the plates of the earth thus annihilating humanity?  If Merica or Russia had this tech and one started to get invaded only a fool would beleive they wouldn't take the samson option.
legendary
January 19, 2015, 12:38:24 PM

Smiley

Smiley

Activity: 182
Merit: 123
"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"
January 19, 2015, 12:18:56 PM

Smiley

p.s. we lack a tinfoilgearedsmiley : Cheesy  Roll Eyes
legendary
January 19, 2015, 12:14:20 PM
Some food for thought

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcPgIphDWGY&index=1&list=LL2SUmeAzu4qXRc5uQe4eZCw

There is now mounting evidence that there existed a lost civilisation/s that was were submerged after the last ice age.

that's really crazy though and the fact they could survive is bonkers.

Why is it bonkers? After all, we are the descendants of the people of Atlantis which was a worldwide trade organization. So why might it be bonkers that some lost civilization survived in some other way?

Smiley
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
I'm nothing without GOD
January 18, 2015, 02:00:13 PM
Some food for thought

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcPgIphDWGY&index=1&list=LL2SUmeAzu4qXRc5uQe4eZCw

There is now mounting evidence that there existed a lost civilisation/s that was were submerged after the last ice age.

that's really crazy though and the fact they could survive is bonkers.
Activity: 444
Merit: 260
January 18, 2015, 03:55:17 AM
Some food for thought

Merit: 100
I'm nothing without GOD
January 17, 2015, 10:35:48 PM
as people have already stated I believe its more of a philosophical idea than a reality
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071
January 17, 2015, 08:52:54 PM
I found this, criteria for the search of Atlantis.

[...]
- Atlantis was larger than Libya and Asia combined.
[...]

I don't think any place on earth met these criteria.

I agree; I believe Atlantis was either a reference to the Sea Peoples, as Schleicher mentioned, or intended as a cautionary tale, closer to Elwar's point.

But I would just like to point out that the idea of "Atlantis [being] larger than Libya and Asia combined" is a bit misleading: Asia here probably just refers to Asia Minor, Anatolia; on the other hand, Libya here likely corresponds to a good portion of the northwestern edge of Africa - so, Atlantis was perhaps meant to be about the size of Greenland, or a bit larger.
legendary
January 16, 2015, 11:52:58 PM
Look around the world today. You find great cities all over Earth that have buildings that are built similarly to those in New York. You also will find lots of diversity in construction.

Look at the ancient past in the archaeology that abounds. Pyramids are all over the place. the South American jungles are retracting somewhat, revealing that the whole SA is full of pyramids more than we had ever dared to believe, if we weren't seeing it now.

Atlantis is the name of the ancient worldwide civilization that existed 5,000 years ago before the Great Flood. It may not have been completely united. There may have been many different countries. But they were all one big trade organization, just like today.

Smiley
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
January 16, 2015, 09:00:58 PM
Watch the movie american hustler, ATLANTIS CITY REBUILD! its a great movie, everyone should see it.
Merit: 250
January 16, 2015, 09:34:45 AM
I found this, criteria for the search of Atlantis.

- Atlantis was located on an island.
- The Metropolis of Atlantis had a most distinct geomorphology composed of alternating concentric rings of land and water.
- On a low hill about 50 stades inland within the capital city itself, an inner citadel was erected to protect the original home of Cleito and Poseidon.
- Atlantis had hot and cold-water springs, with mineral deposits.
- Atlantis had red, white and black rocks.
- Atlantis was located outside the Pillars of Hercules.
- Atlantis was larger than Libya and Asia combined.
- Atlantis sheltered a wealthy population with literate, building, mining, metallurgical and navigational skills.
- The main region of Atlantis lay on a coastal plain, measuring 2.000 x 3.000 stades, surrounded by mountains which rose precipitously high above sea level.
- The coastal plain of Atlantis faced south and was sheltered from the northern winds.
- The Atlantes had created a checker-board pattern of canals for irrigation.
- Atlantis had mineral resources and a rich spectrum of wild and domesticated flora and fauna, including elephants.
- Atlantis had a high population density, enough to support a large army composed of 1.200.000 men, 10.000 chariots and 1.200 ships.
- Within the Straits of Gibraltar,
- Atlantis controlled Libya up to the borders of Egypt and Europe as far as Tyrrhenia (i.e. Italy).
- The religion of Atlantis involved the sacrifice of bulls.
- The kings of Atlantis assembled alternatively every 5th and 6th year to consult on matters of mutual interest and it is during those assemblies that they sacrificed bulls.
- The Metropolis of Atlantis was destroyed by a devastating physical destruction of unprecedented proportions. Earthquakes and floods of extraordinary violence were the precursors of Atlantis destruction.
- The Metropolis of Atlantis was swallowed by the sea and vanished under the water, following the occurrence of earthquakes and floods.
- At the time of its destruction, Atlantis was at war with Athens.
- Atlantis should have been reachable from Athens by sea.
- After the destruction of Atlantis, the passage of ships was blocked by shallows due to mud just below the surface, the remains of the sunken island.
- The Metropolis of Atlantis was destroyed 9000 years before the 6th century BC. No physically or geologically impossible processes were involved in the formation and destruction of the Metropolis of Atlantis, but could not have been responsible for the destruction of a landmass the size of a continent. Also, no physically or geologically impossible processes were involved in the formation of hot water springs and in the formation of red, white and black rocks.

I don't think any place on earth met these criteria.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
January 16, 2015, 12:45:57 AM
Perhaps the question should be "did Atlantis really exist?".

Evidence of an ancient high-tech global empire?

legendary
January 15, 2015, 10:03:40 PM
When you put all the evidence of prehistoric, ancient culture together, the result is that Atlantis was worldwide.

Smiley
Activity: 675
Merit: 514
January 15, 2015, 03:45:23 PM
The story of Atlantis was probably inspired by this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minoan_civilization
It has been destroyed by this event:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minoan_eruption
legendary
Activity: 1163
Merit: 1005
January 15, 2015, 01:35:26 PM
i mean atlantic its a real, but it has become a legend of thousands of years ago
and but the scientists are still figuring out the truth
Pages:
Jump to: