Pages:
Author

Topic: Does Bitcoin affect world trade? - page 13. (Read 1137 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 257
May 09, 2018, 09:40:49 AM
Is there a role for Bitcoin in international trade? Have you heard of a trade between two countries?
And will it be in the future?

I heard that venezuela is trying to trade with india but it is with their petrodolar crypto, and i doubt it will be sucesfull
I havent heard of any trades with bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
May 09, 2018, 05:36:38 AM
Is there a role for Bitcoin in international trade? Have you heard of a trade between two countries?

No, I haven't heard bitcoin being involved and traded by two countries. But maybe we can see that in the future though. Take for example Japan or South Korea, they have the biggest market so far so its possible that they can used bitcoin to do international trade, specially along the Asian region. Imagine that kind of scenario, I mean what will be the price of bitcoin that time? Will it bring this kind of trade significant impact of the price? Remains to be seen.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 596
May 09, 2018, 05:29:32 AM
Of course.

Bitcoin is intended to be used worldwide, and it does not take into account borders. It would definitely save everyone time and money if BTC was used to settle trade balances, since bitcoin is a truly global currency. Of course, it does need two parties mutually agreeing to the terms of accepting bitcoin as a payment, and right now adoption rates are probably too low for this to happen on a consistent basis.

But definitely don't discount the idea of Bitcoin being used worldwide to settle trades in the future, after all, it's one of the things that BTC was built for in the beginning.
Activity: 546
Merit: 17
May 09, 2018, 12:58:53 AM
trade between two countries? what do you mean? we all know that every government, almost in some other countries, prohibits the existence of bitcoins or those associated with cryptocurrency. how the two countries can trade, if one of those countries prohibits the existence of bitcoin. that would not be possible, man!
Activity: 756
Merit: 252
May 08, 2018, 07:06:10 PM
It is unlikely that countries are going to use bitcoin to settle trades among them, that will basically be an endorsement to bitcoin and in a way they will be recognizing as well that they do not trust each other with their currencies and they prefer to choose a decentralized currency instead, so I really think that we are not going to see such a thing in our lifetimes.
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
https://i.imgur.com/Wl0rfMA.jpg
May 08, 2018, 07:00:04 PM
I am not a professional trader nor an economist but I do love this topic. Allow me to share my opinion on this. I my stand I do think it will affect the world trade. Since we are dealing with money. The investors in bitcoin might be the same investors who worked in the world trade and instead of buying at the trade maybe they spend there money on bitcoins instead.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005
Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard
May 08, 2018, 06:37:52 PM

What do you mean between two countries? On a institutional level, backed by the government? If so, then I'm not aware of anything like that, and in some countries, government members are actually "forbidden" of trading bitcoin, because they could be accused of inside trading, since they can have a great impact on its price with regulation.

If you are talking about trades between citizens from different countries, then I think there are a lot of those already, and bitcoin excels in that area.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 536
May 08, 2018, 06:23:56 PM
Pages:
Jump to: