Pages:
Author

Topic: Does Butterfly Labs Deliver? - page 2. (Read 6293 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 100
September 14, 2012, 01:27:04 PM
I wonder how long they will draw it out before packing up all your btc & fpga trade ins and heading for their newly purchased private island.
Activity: 386
Merit: 250
September 13, 2012, 03:37:39 PM
I like my mini-rig.  But my estimated btc income per day is dropping slowly little by little...
Its going to do that since that is how bitcoins works, sucks and I am right there with you.

To answer the bigger question, they deliver!  Slow and with some tweaks but they do deliver.  Got first single perfect no problems but slow.  Got ten more singles and slow again but two out of ten did not work right, traded out and two weeks later they were replaced.  All 11 working and if I could get the room colder without effecting cost they work as listed. 

I will send a photo of my little crop soon.  Also I am in on a mini-rig too but that is hosted offsite.

Getting ready for the SC switch too so looking forward to that (I hope that goes well but I know BFL will deliver on those in Nov'ish time).
Activity: 364
September 13, 2012, 06:08:32 AM
I like my mini-rig.  But my estimated btc income per day is dropping slowly little by little...

Has the investment paid itself off yet?
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008
September 13, 2012, 12:17:48 AM

as is everyone's, really. and i don't think there is any circumstance where that won't be the case. the keep a given level of income from mining, one will need to continually grow their hash rate. i'm not suggest we'd need to buy a new $1000 worth of hardware each month, but now and then to counteract the rise in difficulty? yea.

now, if only i had the money to DO that...
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
September 13, 2012, 12:14:25 AM
legendary
Activity: 952
September 12, 2012, 02:17:51 AM
Hell, since they're so close (couple hundred miles), I might want to take a day or two off work to drive over there to Kansas City and look at their facility.
Sounds great, I'm jealous. Think you can do a trip report?
and sneek in some pic`s while you`r at it!!  Cheesy
Forget the pics! 100BTC if you steal me a Jalapeno without getting caught! LOL Wink
I'm just kidding, but I wish I wasn't
legendary
Activity: 1428
September 12, 2012, 02:07:45 AM
Hell, since they're so close (couple hundred miles), I might want to take a day or two off work to drive over there to Kansas City and look at their facility.

+1
me wants his jalapeno ,)
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
September 11, 2012, 07:00:16 PM

Merit: 1009
September 11, 2012, 02:31:11 PM

vip
Activity: 574
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.
September 11, 2012, 02:23:40 PM
I dont have BFL FPGA's? What the hell is in my basement!

Depends on if your wife is standing behind you right now...
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
September 11, 2012, 02:19:57 PM
I just decided to put in my pre-order for the Jalapeno this morning.  The other miner I was looking at was the BTCFPGA ModMiner, but the Jalapeno beats it hands down on price as well as performance, if the Butterfly Labs website is accurate.  My five GPUs are working very hard for meager payouts right now, and will be even less productive in a few months, so I'm looking to the future with this, and hope BFL can truly deliver.  Hell, since they're so close (couple hundred miles), I might want to take a day or two off work to drive over there to Kansas City and look at their facility.
Merit: 1009
September 11, 2012, 02:15:32 PM

A fire hazard?
legendary
Activity: 889
Bitcoin calls me an Orphan
September 11, 2012, 11:39:20 AM
legendary
September 11, 2012, 12:26:58 AM
They will deliver something at some time.  The question is how late and how close to advertised spec (and how much power)!!

By Christmas I hope to have all current pre-orders shipped, not just the first batch! 
Activity: 358
September 10, 2012, 02:18:16 PM
They will deliver something at some time.  The question is how late and how close to advertised spec (and how much power)!!
Activity: 560
September 10, 2012, 05:03:13 AM
i think they will deliver (sure maybe a bit late...), and for there estimation, a 10-20-30% miss calculation would still be friggin impressive Smiley
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
September 08, 2012, 03:23:12 PM
Indeed, the bottom line is we are working to improve customer service and our shipping times.  We just shipped orders from the first of August, so we are getting caught up there.  I have been working hard on the customer service issue as well as the shipping issues.  We are also working very hard on getting the ASICs out the door on time.  We are really beefing up our production capacity and moving everything we can in house.  We've purchased a pick and place machine, an oven, stenciler and other equipment to manufacture all the boards in house.  This means we can produce as many boards as we need without being at the mercy of board manufacturers and their timing/runs. 

Our ASIC chip is 100% original IP and we will have as many chips as we need, when we need them.  We are standardizing a lot of our equipment, so we can keep massive quantities of inventory on hand (at least 6 months of production work is the goal), allowing us to crank out units - literally - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week if need be.  We've hired more personnel and will be hiring yet more people as we gear up.   

The ASIC generation is going to be much less complex, as well, so there will be less steps to creating a fully functional end unit, and we will also be able to assemble/produce the much faster.  Everything you know about BFL is changing now and will continue to change.  The only thing I can do is assure you we understand the concerns and we are doing everything we can to address the past mistakes. 

Activity: 868
September 08, 2012, 05:11:40 AM
There are plenty of BFL FPGA in the wild.  There are not (as far as I know) any ASIC yet.  These are due for release in the next 4 weeks or so but whether BFL make their delivery target is another issue.

I think that it is agreed that BFL are not a scam operation, but they may have over promised on the ASIC and this remains to be seen.
legendary
September 08, 2012, 01:18:39 AM
This thread is full of people who have received their Singles.
This thread has some pictures/videos of Singles.
The reason why everyone aren't mass selling their current Singles is that a lot (most) of the Singles will be traded in for ASICs.
vip
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
September 08, 2012, 01:15:51 AM
oh and there was a bet and a video of the unboxing of the 1st BFL FPGA device, search the forums for it from like months ago.
Pages:
Jump to: