Pages:
Author

Topic: Does KYC for Airdrop Worth It? - page 2. (Read 434 times)

Activity: 200
Merit: 8
Power to gnomes!
May 25, 2018, 03:18:31 PM
Of course you should not take part in any KYC. It's very risky for you. I bypass bounty and airdrop and ICO for investments which require KYC. Even a good project with a good team may not track the leak of your personal data. What to say about scams that can not always be recognized....
Activity: 822
Merit: 100
May 25, 2018, 03:12:58 PM
My identity is so important to me and i can't upload my identity to an unknown person because of an airdrop had it been it is bounty campaign i can still afford to verity my identity.
Activity: 442
Merit: 253
May 25, 2018, 03:06:31 PM
I'm not bothered by the KYC requirement. Especially compared to the verification requirements for most of the crypto exchanges.
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
May 25, 2018, 03:02:44 PM
Will you consider realising your personal information for the purpose of getting airdrop that may end up worthless?
Don't you think KYC for airdrop is another method of stealing people's identity?

In no case do I have to go to KYC for airdrop. It seems to me that this is a scam. You can lose your personal data and get some dollars for it. I think this is a big risk.
I am slightly alarmed by all these conversations about theft of personal data. Today, every user uses his documents, as well as phone numbers for registration on various resources and when receiving any conclusions. But at the same time, these actions at that time do not bother them. But if the provision of personal data occurs in any place, then there are indignations.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 306
May 25, 2018, 02:53:47 PM
I vehemently disagree with the KYC practice as it pertains to airdrops, which are basically giveaways of often worthless tokens.  In other areas of crypto I can see where institutions are required to follow such policies by governments and in those cases I have no problem.  But for airdrops?  No way am I going to release my personal information to some fly by night company just so I can earn what could be zero.

Not that I would promote dishonesty, but if people are giving out unverifiable, false personal information, that seems like it would be the way to go.  The airdrop token's developers don't deserve to be in control of people's information and shouldn't get it.  It's almost as bad as giving it to a professional spammer or identity thief.
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
OPEN GAMING PLATFORM
May 25, 2018, 02:46:43 PM
Will you consider realising your personal information for the purpose of getting airdrop that may end up worthless?
Don't you think KYC for airdrop is another method of stealing people's identity?

In no case do I have to go to KYC for airdrop. It seems to me that this is a scam. You can lose your personal data and get some dollars for it. I think this is a big risk.
Activity: 308
Merit: 15
May 25, 2018, 02:45:32 PM
If I would say, documents submission for kyc doesn’t worths it when it comes to airdrop because they might be collecting people’s data for nothing reasonable and it’s very important to protect someone’s identity which I think it call for serious attention. Stay away from such airdrop
Activity: 728
Merit: 131
May 25, 2018, 02:41:24 PM
KYC "KNOW YOUR CUSTOMER" with airdrops will be a big mess of your life.
there are many airdrops and even without KYC, they turned out to be fake or scam.
think of your identity with such small amount you will get! IF AND ONLY IF the airdrop is real.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
May 25, 2018, 02:39:29 PM
Yes, I believe that giving your personal information in order to get coins is illegal and I would not take part in such a Airdrop. My advice is to avoid such airdrops.
Activity: 336
Merit: 15
“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”
May 25, 2018, 02:36:44 PM
Pass KYC to get tokens from airdrop is a very questionable pleasure. Huh I'm afraid to send anywhere my passport details, I'm even afraid to give it to my Bank. But send my identity data to uknown people for a few bucks? No.
Activity: 294
Merit: 106
May 25, 2018, 02:34:33 PM
I consider it a great folly, to transmit personal information about myself, as well as scanned documents to third parties for the sake of 1-5 dollars. But even so, not the fact that you will be paid. Think many times before doing this.
Activity: 429
Merit: 102
May 25, 2018, 02:29:29 PM

Better to weight the pros and cons, if you seen great opportunities about the project then maybe giving this information will be worthy but in the otherhand if the project seems to be scammy or just a pumped and dumped project, giving your personal information is not good, scammers and hackers will be able to use your identity for some sort of scams or unwanted activities.

That is right to know better about the project before joining the airdrop which needs for the KYC. We all know that some of it being use by scammer for them to get your information and steal what you have on your account and even they give the reward sometimes it turned to be a trash coin because never been listed in the exchange to have value in the market. Maybe it can be another way to steal the identity. It is not good to give your identity unless you are sure for the success of it.
Activity: 714
Merit: 11
May 25, 2018, 01:53:03 PM
No definitely not for the airdrop. It seems to bea bug in the system. That people will share their information for 10-15$ airdrop. it is useless and the company asking for the kyc for airdrop seems to be a spam unless it has solid market behind it.
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
May 25, 2018, 01:50:34 PM
I think you have to be very care full about Airdrops, especially when they are asking about KYC.
Because mostly Airdrops pay nothing, so for nothing if you are disclosing yourself then it’s not fair.

In this scenario carefully check the project then provide KYC if project satisfied you.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
May 25, 2018, 01:34:34 PM
It depends if the airdrop has a huge rewards. However almost of the airdrop are scams or jut giving small rewards.in Giving personal info for just a small rewards would not be worth it.
Activity: 90
May 25, 2018, 01:06:42 PM
Never will i decide to do a KYC for an airdrop. After all, how much do airdrops of these days fetch for you in terms of money? Imagine doing a KYC for an airdrop that is worth just $2, isnt it annoying? I dont do KYC for most bounties, talkless of an airdrop.
Activity: 272
Merit: 12
May 25, 2018, 01:02:32 PM
Yes, but not all of them worth passing KYC in order to get tokens because most of them are shit. I could remember that I participated in polymath airdrop and we are to pass KYC, in that case, such airdrop worth KYC because the 250 tokens that was airdropped worth over $250.
Activity: 504
Merit: 3
May 25, 2018, 11:24:07 AM
It depends, but mostly no. If you really trust the company or project and you are doing KYC bounties with them, then you could consider doing one for airdrop also. But if this is some xxxcoin airdrop, then no, my suggestion would be, don't give them your personal details. There was on airdrop a few days ago, where they would give you coins if you do KYC, that was the only requirement. I just laughed and moved on. Cheesy
Activity: 238
May 25, 2018, 05:49:42 AM
Whats!!? are you seriously ?! i cannot believe if Airdrop have a KYC for receive it. Airdrop give a little piece of there token for doing simple thing but are you seriously ?!
speechless abaout this haha, one thing i can say is don't join that!
Activity: 812
Merit: 106
May 25, 2018, 05:26:29 AM
Sell your personal data for $ 1? No thanks. I think that no one will participate in the airdrops if they will require a KYC procedure.
Pages:
Jump to: