Pages:
Author

Topic: Does KYC for Airdrop Worth It? - page 3. (Read 434 times)

Activity: 2184
Merit: 585
You own the pen
May 25, 2018, 05:24:56 AM
Absolutely no for Airdrop, 100% no. if it is for bounties i may consider only just for successful project bt for airdrop hell no! who knows what they might do on our identity might use it for ponzi scheming or to threaten people with our identity next thing we will know that the FBI is knocking our door.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 502
May 25, 2018, 05:14:44 AM
I think it's worth it. KYC will help the project against fraudsters. It's really necessary for an Airdrop program. But there are also bad guys who create Airdrop and use KYC to gather information from other people to sell them.
Selling your data is one thing, linking you to a real life person is another. There are stupid people who will include their wallet addresses which could be tracked. Now you know how much money the guy has and where does he live. I don't know about the world, but in Russia such thefts and robberies happen frequently.
Activity: 714
Merit: 261
May 25, 2018, 05:13:21 AM
Will you consider realising your personal information for the purpose of getting airdrop that may end up worthless?
Don't you think KYC for airdrop is another method of stealing people's identity?

Lolz. Off course it is not worth. In fact airdrop themselves are not paying enough to us to give them the authority to ask for our KYC. It is not any premium sort of thing where the KYC is really needed. If they want to get verification done then they need to give us some more bonuses to be eligible for that one.

If they really care that much then why not they keep the different airdrops for getting the verification done. I mean they could offer airdrops to us if we verify at the official site provide that the reward for such airdrops should be 10x or more.  Cheesy
Activity: 64
Merit: 0
May 25, 2018, 05:13:12 AM
I dont think it worth it to apply in kyc. We all know that almost of airdrop are scams or the rewards are so small.
Activity: 490
Merit: 1
May 25, 2018, 05:11:23 AM
I think it's worth it. KYC will help the project against fraudsters. It's really necessary for an Airdrop program. But there are also bad guys who create Airdrop and use KYC to gather information from other people to sell them.
Activity: 136
Merit: 1
May 25, 2018, 05:09:41 AM
I also thinking the same thing, why do they need KYC if they are just giving it for free and the anonimousity that the cryptocurrency promotes got tarnish. Maybe KYC should just be applied when investing or not at all.
Activity: 448
Merit: 15
TREEBLOCK
May 25, 2018, 05:09:35 AM
As alot of the KYC are done by professional companies such as Onfido and Bitcoin Suisse I do not think that the information being collected is for shady purposes. Most companies are following regulations set by governments and it also stops multi applications from spoiling it for others.
Activity: 212
Merit: 15
May 25, 2018, 05:08:45 AM
freeairdrop is mean free,but if required to do kyc some good but too high risk,beware scam airdrop that sold your kyc data
Activity: 938
Merit: 251
May 25, 2018, 05:06:30 AM
KYC for airdrop is big 'N' and small 'O'! Gone are the days when airdrop were meant to push through an idea that contribute to the growth if cryptocurrency. These days people only create airdrop to solve their financial problem! I will advice not to give your personal information to anyone on the internet!
Activity: 1386
Merit: 101
ComboLabs
May 25, 2018, 05:01:08 AM
Will you consider realising your personal information for the purpose of getting airdrop that may end up worthless?
Don't you think KYC for airdrop is another method of stealing people's identity?

depending on what the airdrop is. I'm sure, there are a lot of useless airdrops, especially those that do not have road maps, white papers and teams as developers. and you do not have to bet on KYC verification
Activity: 1302
Merit: 540
May 25, 2018, 04:55:31 AM

Better to weight the pros and cons, if you seen great opportunities about the project then maybe giving this information will be worthy but in the otherhand if the project seems to be scammy or just a pumped and dumped project, giving your personal information is not good, scammers and hackers will be able to use your identity for some sort of scams or unwanted activities.
Activity: 154
May 25, 2018, 04:55:10 AM

I'm looking at this in a different perspective. There are many airdrops that worth doing their KYC. Some airdrops when listed will earn you more than $100. If you conclude that KYC for airdrop is another method of stealing people's identity, then what about giving out your identity to a failed ico? How do you measure that?

Moreover, many ICOs also do airdrop, you may wish to only participate in their airdrop, in this case you need  to provide your details to enable you receive their token.
Activity: 574
Merit: 11
HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing
May 25, 2018, 04:44:42 AM
I think it is very risky If you only follow the airdrop should use charging KYC because it can be misused our identity. I chose a better airdrop that doesn't use KYC is definitely very much. And if it is indeed very risky I better leave the airdrop.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
May 25, 2018, 04:44:33 AM
Kyc for airdrop is done to remove fake participants from the airdrop campaign  and to make sure only legitimate people are eligible. But if you are concerned about your privacy then don't do that.
Activity: 784
Merit: 10
https://streamies.io/
May 25, 2018, 04:42:06 AM

I do not see it as a method of stealing people's identity. I think it is just a simple form of verification to avoid members of their countries who have banned participation in the project.
There are many KYC users to make investments. So you do not need to worry about that. Grin
Activity: 69
May 25, 2018, 04:39:55 AM
No, you shouldn't do that, because the reward is very small for such an action.
Activity: 88
May 25, 2018, 04:39:07 AM
Precisely not worth it!  Do not need to share your data with other people.  If a serious company that has conducted a powerful ico and raised funds and has a great future then it is still possible.  
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
May 25, 2018, 04:38:35 AM
Well, sometimes a company wants to know who is working and and supporting them, so no matter how small they pay, they need a KYC before disbursing it. well, I think we ourselves judge whether the fee is suitable for KYC or not.
Activity: 448
Merit: 110
May 25, 2018, 04:35:43 AM

KYC for airdrop is a total shit, most of the people dont want to do KYC for bounty campaigns, what more on just airdrop. Dont ever do KYC tor airdrop because they only want to scam and steal people's identity. It is not worth to risk it for a low reward.
Activity: 770
Merit: 101
May 25, 2018, 04:35:16 AM

The current bounty campaign has pretty much asked about KYC. Investors also need to have KYC to invest. So I do not think it will steal our identity. There are millions of people using KYC to invest. So I do not think KYC is selling our information. it's safe and you should feel secure about it.
Pages:
Jump to: