Pages:
Author

Topic: Does Name really matter in crypto? - page 14. (Read 3473 times)

Activity: 165
Merit: 1
July 28, 2020, 07:11:28 PM
Not really, even the worst of names have actually done really well in this industry and sometimes, you don't help but wonder if truly names of projects really matter with the value such projects bring. I personally think that, a project is measured by its products and the solutions as well as partnerships such projects have. If they are high level projects then there is a huge chance that such projects will do well.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 68
July 28, 2020, 06:39:18 PM
Please there's something I really want to understand about this crypto industry because at times as a newbie in this cryptocurrency industry you might get this wrong by making more mistakes in crypto. Does crypto name really matter before it become successful?
Picking a good name for their coin or a project might be necessary because it could be used as a description or a marketing strategy for more investors would be attracted or interested in their project. It is why they should be picking a name that are unique or sounds interesting, so that a lot of people would remember it like Bitcoin.
copper member
Activity: 242
Merit: 18
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
July 28, 2020, 05:56:10 PM
I don’t really get your question. If you mean crypto projects, I would say name matter to a level. Well, it doesn’t matter like the potential value of the project. Investors hardly take interest in the name of the project. If the project has a good use-case and a great team, investors will go for it. Having said that, just like in non-crypto currency projects, a good project name would add some spice to the branding and perceived nature of the project.  A good project name could attract investors.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1343
July 28, 2020, 05:40:38 PM
In my opinion, the name of the crypto is not an important reason for the success of the project, the achievements of the project and the products it provides and the continuous development are the most important, If the name of the currency is not taken from the name of the project, then this is not important to this degree. The success of the project is what will lead to the success of the name of the currency, even if the name is different.
Activity: 308
Merit: 1
July 28, 2020, 02:50:42 PM
Name doesn't really matter if it's a unique one. What should be is the team behind it and it's plan for the future. And when I say unique name is it shouldnt sound like a fake version of some other successful project.
E.g EtheNium
Activity: 910
Merit: 100
July 28, 2020, 02:46:03 PM
If an altcoin due to an aggressive pump moves from 2736 place to 88 would your advice still work? Cheesy Dont be silly, people could invest into any coin or token, but after a proper research. And the name is not important at all. Or you think that, for instance, Zap (on 646 place), sound better than UNUS SED LEO (on 17 place)? This UNUS rhymes with "a-nus". Would you rather invest in anus that in top17 than in Zap?

TopTort777 I understand what you want to say, and I agree with you partially,
because most of my investments is going to Bitcoin, and Bitcoin is a sound
name, we must agree about that I think.
   I don't say we should invest in something just because we like the name, but
usually good projects and amazing things have a sound name. And good and
sound name will attract more people.

But here, too, I can argue with you, since the "good name" is different for everyone. Perhaps someone thinks and wonders why bitcoin with the name "bitcoin" has achieved such success? Anyway, I agree that the name should be simple and memorable, as well as evoke some kind of association.
Activity: 194
July 28, 2020, 02:24:13 PM
Please there's something I really want to understand about this crypto industry because at times as a newbie in this cryptocurrency industry you might get this wrong by making more mistakes in crypto. Does crypto name really matter before it become successful?
You can apply same question to any company - Is the name of it is the key to success? Definitely no.
But It does play a certain role in success, so as I said you can apply same for crypto
For example, doge coin did become successful because of its name Partially, but there are others that do not rely on the name and marketing as much
Activity: 938
Merit: 13
AMEPAY
July 28, 2020, 01:36:30 PM
Personally I do get attracted if the name just gives the sense of the project, it is short, to the point, easy to remember and attractive but i know for most people name is not a thing to consider because there are other important things that one checks before investing and obviously prime importance is given to the use cases and competency of the team but name somehow does matter a little atleast for me.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 261
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
July 28, 2020, 01:32:50 PM
If an altcoin due to an aggressive pump moves from 2736 place to 88 would your advice still work? Cheesy Dont be silly, people could invest into any coin or token, but after a proper research. And the name is not important at all. Or you think that, for instance, Zap (on 646 place), sound better than UNUS SED LEO (on 17 place)? This UNUS rhymes with "a-nus". Would you rather invest in anus that in top17 than in Zap?

TopTort777 I understand what you want to say, and I agree with you partially,
because most of my investments is going to Bitcoin, and Bitcoin is a sound
name, we must agree about that I think.
   I don't say we should invest in something just because we like the name, but
usually good projects and amazing things have a sound name. And good and
sound name will attract more people.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1435
July 28, 2020, 01:15:16 PM
if you want to invest, of course the name of the crypto currency is very important, there are many crypto currencies, check in Coinmarketcap, you can see thousands of crypto currencies, my advice is choose the top 1 to 100

Activity: 1330
C O M B O
July 28, 2020, 10:52:57 AM
if you want to invest, of course the name of the crypto currency is very important, there are many crypto currencies, check in Coinmarketcap, you can see thousands of crypto currencies, my advice is choose the top 1 to 100
Activity: 1148
Merit: 251
July 28, 2020, 10:43:50 AM
Your brand will decide everything, so before you want to create a good project, you need to name a really good name. It will greatly affect the users
Somehow a unique name will also attract the investors. But, the most important the team behind the project if this is a solid team and able to improve their project.  A lot of scam even if its a good name if the people behind it don't know how to develop it will end a failure. So most important the team who works hard behind.
Activity: 518
Merit: 256
Living the truth....
July 28, 2020, 10:14:28 AM
Your brand will decide everything, so before you want to create a good project, you need to name a really good name. It will greatly affect the users
Activity: 2590
Merit: 322
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
July 28, 2020, 09:50:31 AM
what makes the project successful is of course the products and teams in the project are not "name" Cheesy despite having a good name but the concept and performance of the team is very bad then the project will never be successful
What  matter most is the team of experienced experts handling the success of a project  not the name, no one cares about the name a diligent study and knowledge through research on the project by reading  whitepapers and profiles of the team of experts assembled to handle the project will help in determining how reliable and future prospect the project  .
copper member
Activity: 798
Merit: 3
July 28, 2020, 09:42:30 AM
As far as I think the written name that by the project is known is not a matter but the people's perciveness about the name that is the brand recognition is the matter. So, always check out the members background behind the project before investing in any project.
Activity: 630
Merit: 11
NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter
July 28, 2020, 09:33:47 AM
Well I am not entirely convinced that the name of the project would go a long way in the growth of the project. It is the track record of the project members and the partners they have that matters.
Activity: 994
Merit: 105
July 28, 2020, 08:13:50 AM
I don't think that names in cryptocurrency really makes up it all. Yet, it matters, it is part of the branding however it will never be a basis of its success. It just gives description of the coin and may leave a good impression to people.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122
July 28, 2020, 04:20:58 AM

what ? i find it hard to understand what your trying to pinpoint . are you going to create your own brand or business but you cant decide if what name will be good at it ? names does have a little impact  . use catchy names to attract people but the rest of the work should be done by you to get succesful . if your newbie dont be afraid to have a wrong  thing or wrong doing  , it does lead to more mistake but as soon as you recovered you will know how to deal with your wrongs .
Activity: 1106
Merit: 502
July 28, 2020, 04:10:49 AM
As many others have said, the name is not the vital part of the project. Maybe at the start, the name uses to catch the attention of the users. Remember those coins with bitcoin attached to it, just to create noise. However, in the long run, people will realize the true nature of the project and the name doesn't matter anymore. Just take an example, BSV, it gained popularity in the negative way.
the project name must at least be following the planning and functions of the platform created. not not so important, but the name of a project is sometimes the main attraction itself.
of course the most important is the project or concept developed because if it is concerned with the name of the project while the project is not very useful it will not be balanced and will not succeed because what is needed by investors is a project that is useful to many people.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 101
July 28, 2020, 03:52:48 AM
As many others have said, the name is not the vital part of the project. Maybe at the start, the name uses to catch the attention of the users. Remember those coins with bitcoin attached to it, just to create noise. However, in the long run, people will realize the true nature of the project and the name doesn't matter anymore. Just take an example, BSV, it gained popularity in the negative way.
the project name must at least be following the planning and functions of the platform created. not not so important, but the name of a project is sometimes the main attraction itself.
Pages:
Jump to: