Pages:
Author

Topic: Does successfully reporting a thread give you more activity? - page 2. (Read 1895 times)

Activity: 373
Merit: 252
Mods voluntarily do their job, so you should, too.
Although moderators do volunteer their time to support the website, they are paid for their work. IIRC 25% of the forum's income from ads is split among the moderators, and they're paid according to the work they do (so a mod of 15 sections would receive more than a mod of 3 sections).
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
No, it has zero impact on your activity level. It only increases the counter on your number of reported posts.

I think it should, but I don't ever see a boost from it.
I tend to disagree.

Would it be possible to implement to incentivize more users to help out the moderators
People shouldn't need an incentive to be helpful.

Thank you for the reply, I'm assuming you guys get enough reports where it wouldn't help to give more incentive to the report button?

(I'll still keep reporting <3)
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
I don't bite.
Does successfully reporting a thread give you more activity?
No.

I try to report spam threads as much as possible,
That's a good thing to do.

but I'm wondering if it'll reflect on your activity score.
Unfortunately, no. :-(

Because it will not.

Would it be possible to implement to incentivize more users to help out the moderators
No. I mean, what is the point? Mods voluntarily do their job, so you should, too.
Activity: 1040
Merit: 538
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
No, it does not. Activity depend only on your posts and it increases once in 14 days. You will get 14 activity no matter how much posts you posted you just nees to post at least one post per day.
I think it could be easily implemented but it is not needed, but it would lead to massive reporting threads and posts for no reason and the current system is good as it is right now.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
No, it has zero impact on your activity level. It only increases the counter on your number of reported posts.

I tend to disagree.

People shouldn't need an incentive to be helpful.
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Does successfully reporting a thread give you more activity?

I try to report spam threads as much as possible, but I'm wondering if it'll reflect on your activity score.

Pages:
Jump to: