Pages:
Author

Topic: Does the Price of Bitcoin Matter? - page 73. (Read 304484 times)

Activity: 454
Merit: 250
February 05, 2017, 09:00:07 AM
Looking at the currency exchange indices on the stock exchanges since the new year, many people look happy. For the first time since 2013 Bitcoin price exceeded $ 1,000. Indicators and fixed at levels and $ 1017 and $ 1033 for 1 Btc. Let's hope that bitcoin will continue to climb up the list prices.
The interesting aspect regarding this is that people who have been holding Bitcoin since 2013 have had the opportunity to see their investment be recovered, or partially recovered, in the case of people who bought above $ 1100 in 2013. I think the secret is to have patience and discipline, because Bitcoin is a technology that is just beginning to gain ground.
Activity: 994
Merit: 502
February 05, 2017, 06:25:32 AM
I think yes.Because bitcoin price matters to the people who actually related to this.Such as getting paid in btc,trading and investing in it.And it matters more to them those who buy bitcoin and sell for a profit.Their earning depends on bitcoin and literally can have a great negetive impact on their life if the price falls for long term.If the price goes stable or increase everything will go smoothly. Many people are investing a huge amount so it will definitely matter to them.
yeah i am quite agree with your toughts that it really matters for those who are using it and the people who are using it just for trading and investment the price really matter for those......
if its price get stable then i think bitcoin loses its most of the users.......

Price of bitcoin really matters and importantly even if the price becomes stable people will continue to use for the goodness. Because it gives access to gambling and other needs which is banned in several countries.
Activity: 980
Merit: 523
February 05, 2017, 06:13:29 AM
I think yes.Because bitcoin price matters to the people who actually related to this.Such as getting paid in btc,trading and investing in it.And it matters more to them those who buy bitcoin and sell for a profit.Their earning depends on bitcoin and literally can have a great negetive impact on their life if the price falls for long term.If the price goes stable or increase everything will go smoothly. Many people are investing a huge amount so it will definitely matter to them.
yeah i am quite agree with your toughts that it really matters for those who are using it and the people who are using it just for trading and investment the price really matter for those,,.
if its price get stable then i think bitcoin loses its most of the traders.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)
February 05, 2017, 05:59:58 AM
Price does matter and if you are a miner or generally a seller it will motivate you to supply more bitcoins to the market to meet needs met but if there is over supply market gets flooded and price will drop.

Miners are the pumpers of bitcoin - hence the entry of new miner or old miners gaining better rigs does affect the market. As the demand rises and if the supply increases as well - prices tend to remain stable.

Some say btc price controls altcoin price when it drops alts gain and when btc raises alts pull down.

I think it is due to the bitcoin vs altcoin trading. Altcoin mining and selling is also popular. People also participate in ICOs and then sell the altcoins for bitcoin.
Activity: 686
Merit: 521
February 05, 2017, 05:39:35 AM
Price does matter and if you are a miner or generally a seller it will motivate you to supply more bitcoins to the market to meet needs met but if there is over supply market gets flooded and price will drop.
Some say btc price controls altcoin price when it drops alts gain and when btc raises alts pull down.
Activity: 118
Merit: 100
February 05, 2017, 05:17:51 AM
Looking at the currency exchange indices on the stock exchanges since the new year, many people look happy. For the first time since 2013 Bitcoin price exceeded $ 1,000. Indicators and fixed at levels and $ 1017 and $ 1033 for 1 Btc. Let's hope that bitcoin will continue to climb up the list prices.
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
February 05, 2017, 04:29:11 AM
In the normal state of affairs, only bitcoin should be strengthened, and its price should constantly strive upwards. This is due to his increasing popularity and the number of extracted bitcoin. And what happens when the fall begins, is nothing like the machinations of fraudsters.
Activity: 532
February 05, 2017, 04:10:42 AM
Activity: 127
February 05, 2017, 03:55:26 AM
The level of current prices as a gift from above. Many doubted that in the beginning of the year, users will see a gradual increase in the price of bitcoin. We process more could be observed in the last year, but the problem with bitfinex smashed all plans.
Activity: 128
February 05, 2017, 03:33:37 AM
Can you imagine water without wetness? or what happens if you take away the moisture properties from water? bitcoin is all about the price otherwise it's just a virtual thing or better say some electricity and hot air as Tillkoeln the great used to put it Cheesy.

I can get your point and that's why we are all here and that is because price do really matter. And for those people who are saying that price of bitcoin doesn't matter at all then they are just treating bitcoin as a virtual thing. That's the importance matter of bitcoin for us, it's value or price and the higher price it get's the more profit it can give to us.

There are people that don't care about the fiat value of Bitcoin as they are holding their coins till the day that people treat Bitcoin entirely different. They are looking at 1 BTC to be 1 BTC and not what the fiat equivalent is. I somehow understand that they want to see that become reality at some point, but I think it's wishful thinking. Bitcoin will just like all other assets in the world, always be tied to fiat.

That's just a mere pretend thing . If your really want to people treat bitcoin more diffirent then you should know that if more people come to bitcoin in other words if the demand increased so will the price and because of that it can also bring more people again . It's just a cycle that will keep continuing .

This question is the same thing if you ask someone if money matters? Of course it matters cause it is a necessity in our lives .

Money matters and bitcoin is money so the price matters as simple as that .

Yes, the price surely matters, but there is a minority of hippies that have to think in exactly the opposite direction. But I am sure that now they see the price at current levels, that they make a silent jump out of happiness. Anyone saying otherwise is simply lying. But hey, everyone has the right and freedom to express their opinions/views. If they believe in a scenario that Bitcoin loses it's connection with fiat at some point, then let them.
I'd like to believe that this growth trend will persist. But there are experts who warn to be careful in such cases, since after growth can be followed by a rare collapse.
Activity: 128
February 05, 2017, 02:57:09 AM
Not for the first time sounded themes about what price to expect this year from bitcoin. To date, figures on the stock exchanges has exceeded even the expectations of some. Many did not believe that the transition will be even abroad through $ 1,000.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
February 02, 2017, 04:32:43 PM
Can you imagine water without wetness? or what happens if you take away the moisture properties from water? bitcoin is all about the price otherwise it's just a virtual thing or better say some electricity and hot air as Tillkoeln the great used to put it Cheesy.

I can get your point and that's why we are all here and that is because price do really matter. And for those people who are saying that price of bitcoin doesn't matter at all then they are just treating bitcoin as a virtual thing. That's the importance matter of bitcoin for us, it's value or price and the higher price it get's the more profit it can give to us.

There are people that don't care about the fiat value of Bitcoin as they are holding their coins till the day that people treat Bitcoin entirely different. They are looking at 1 BTC to be 1 BTC and not what the fiat equivalent is. I somehow understand that they want to see that become reality at some point, but I think it's wishful thinking. Bitcoin will just like all other assets in the world, always be tied to fiat.

That's just a mere pretend thing . If your really want to people treat bitcoin more diffirent then you should know that if more people come to bitcoin in other words if the demand increased so will the price and because of that it can also bring more people again . It's just a cycle that will keep continuing .

This question is the same thing if you ask someone if money matters? Of course it matters cause it is a necessity in our lives .

Yes, the price surely matters, but there is a minority of hippies that have to think in exactly the opposite direction. But I am sure that now they see the price at current levels, that they make a silent jump out of happiness. Anyone saying otherwise is simply lying. But hey, everyone has the right and freedom to express their opinions/views. If they believe in a scenario that Bitcoin loses it's connection with fiat at some point, then let them.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
February 02, 2017, 04:22:31 PM

I can imagine that quite easily

In fact, I don't even need to imagine anything since it is enough to recall that water can exist as ice or dry steam. It is basically the same water but in a state which you evidently forgot to think about. The same with Bitcoin, you think of Bitcoin as a financial asset and you necessarily link it to fiat ("water being wet" in your speak). But if you come to think of it as a common denominator for the value of things around us (what "real money" essentially comes down to), it will quickly lose its "wetness"
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Wolf
February 02, 2017, 03:09:27 PM

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048
February 02, 2017, 03:05:50 PM
I am sure that is not what OP meant, it's all about the price movement and not the fact that bitcoin should have a price or not. Well for me, the price is really important only for those people who want to make income with the price movement, traders are monitoring the price movement so they can buy low and sell high, I guess it is very important to them but most of us it's not a big deal.
yes bitcoin price were very important as it is the main reason a lot of people come here and buy some , but they consider bitcoin as an investment only , they don't know that the real reason why bitcoin invented are for digital money.

it is okay actually if they learn later deeper about how bitcoin works.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
February 02, 2017, 01:53:09 PM

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
February 02, 2017, 12:43:11 PM
slightly, what really matters is independence from governments and banks

You are not totally independent from them even if you use bitcoin as primary currency. Since every merchant will not be accepting bitcoin and you will end up selling bitcoin for fiat when in turn you will need to pay taxes.

In our country if we are found to exchange huge amounts - we are prone to prosecution and/or legal problems.

Price is the one and only determining factor in acceptance of bitcoin in the current state since people want to make money from trading and as more people get into trading bitcoin the prices rise even more.

and since you are will only end up selling and converting your bitcoin into fiat still you won't be able to escape from traditional taxes especially to those transactions fee, VAT etc. because you are still going to use fiat currency as what you have said there's still no merchants who accepts bitcoin in your country . anyway, I think you mean that the price is the main thing why people are adapting in to bitcoin and I agree with that . many people will surely put their money in to bitcoin while the price keeps on increasing .
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)
February 02, 2017, 06:58:30 AM
slightly, what really matters is independence from governments and banks

You are not totally independent from them even if you use bitcoin as primary currency. Since every merchant will not be accepting bitcoin and you will end up selling bitcoin for fiat when in turn you will need to pay taxes.

In our country if we are found to exchange huge amounts - we are prone to prosecution and/or legal problems.

Price is the one and only determining factor in acceptance of bitcoin in the current state since people want to make money from trading and as more people get into trading bitcoin the prices rise even more.
Activity: 3052
Merit: 606
February 01, 2017, 10:28:38 PM
I am sure that is not what OP meant, it's all about the price movement and not the fact that bitcoin should have a price or not. Well for me, the price is really important only for those people who want to make income with the price movement, traders are monitoring the price movement so they can buy low and sell high, I guess it is very important to them but most of us it's not a big deal.
copper member
Activity: 1330
Merit: 899
🖤😏
February 01, 2017, 08:09:45 AM
Pages:
Jump to: