Pages:
Author

Topic: Does this mean Cash will be extinct? - page 47. (Read 14845 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 10
November 17, 2017, 02:01:56 AM
Cash will be there till the end. may be it will be more like shopping voucher in function.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
November 16, 2017, 10:02:58 PM
No it will still exist but less of it will be left. Some poor countries can't  use bitcoin because most of their citizens can afford theirselves their own phones or even a pc. They are all still going to stick with cash.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
November 16, 2017, 04:05:15 PM
No it will not because bitcoin is online money and cash is real life money i do not think that just because of the success of bitcoin cash will be extinct i would rather say that more people will go start using bitcoin but the cash will always stay.
Activity: 55
November 16, 2017, 09:43:45 AM
i don´t believe cash will be extincted maybe the paper become electronically but cash wont be extincted
Activity: 112
November 16, 2017, 09:41:36 AM
Hash is talkin right now, we should wait
Activity: 756
November 16, 2017, 09:39:56 AM
It will be not easy for most of the countries to refuse using cash. Ask people around what they know about crypto, and you will understand that 80% of them do not understand what it is or know a little bit about it. Until at least half of the world starts using crypto for most operations, cash will stay alive.
Activity: 256
November 15, 2017, 11:23:34 PM
There is a possibility of that in the future because cryptocurrency is now in. Digital technology is continue to develop faster than we thought. Cash will be out soon.
Activity: 448
Merit: 103
November 15, 2017, 10:45:00 PM
Will be impossible to remove paper fiat on the system. Simply because it has been there for a lot of years. It is like saying eliminate gold. Pretty impossible right? Cash will definitely be staying for longer time than what we have exoected. There will only be new modes of money or new forms of money.
Activity: 504
Merit: 106
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
November 15, 2017, 10:19:54 PM
It can happen in other country especially those who first world nations. I think majority of them are not using cash of everyday use and there will be a time that all of them will use the cashless system and bitcoins will be used for payments as well. However, in third world nations, I think they are not yet ready for cashless transactions. In our country, only 50% are using cashless transaction while the other half was still using cash. It will still depend on the government on which path they will choose but I think they will consider making the country use cashless transaction since it is more convenient and easy to detect. When that time comes, I will make sure I have a lot of bitcoins, it is the money of the future.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
November 15, 2017, 02:11:26 AM
Well I don't believe that cash will be extinct from existence totally because there are a lot of things that need to be put in place before such a things could happen. Cash won't be extinct completely in the underdeveloped or developing nations, it is a different ball game because there are some part of those countries that doesn't even have a bank let alone operating cashless economy.
Activity: 29
November 15, 2017, 01:54:37 AM
Eventually, paper and metal money will be "old tech" something more like a collectors Item. The majority of wealth that isn't in a major physical asset will be in a digital form.
Activity: 438
Merit: 104
November 15, 2017, 01:52:40 AM
Sweden is contemplating to stop using cash by 2023, does this mean cash might be extinct if other countries follow suit?

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/10/sweden-could-stop-using-cash-by-2023?utm_content=buffer40bef&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

No. Cash would not be extinct because we all know that bitcoin isn't a threat to cash because somehow we can say that they are both helping each other in terms of earnings for other and we can see that bitcoin isn't that had a lot of supply which are not just like the cash which monthly creating supplies.  
I also think the same, cash will continue to be used in future because digital money cannot replace it fully. Bitcoin has a very high value so therefore, very small things can't be bought with it, for which using paper money is very important. Yes, it also depend on the people and country that either it is well developed nation or not.
Activity: 504
Merit: 252
November 14, 2017, 06:41:27 PM
Sweden is contemplating to stop using cash by 2023, does this mean cash might be extinct if other countries follow suit?

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/10/sweden-could-stop-using-cash-by-2023?utm_content=buffer40bef&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Sweden is a highly developed country. It far more advanced than many other countries in the world. So if they plan to totally wipe out cash in their country, I would say that it is very possible. Only some strong political will from their leaders is needed. But it cannot easily be emulated by some other countries that are not as advanced as Sweden. Sweden could go fully digital, some others cannot because of other factors such as electricity.
Activity: 56
November 14, 2017, 06:30:48 PM
Nothing has been decided yet. I saw already similar idea somewhere, they also wanted implement same idea but couldnt. Until 2023 it is still far away, they can easy cancel all plans. In the future I think this may happen that there will be no real money, but it's will not happen in next 10 years, for sure. Scandinavians always have interesting ideas, but will they can realize it ...
Activity: 392
Merit: 103
November 14, 2017, 05:57:22 PM

Nope i think not all country are just like sweden.they are money poor country in the world.because rich can change there cash into btc while in poor cant do that especially people did not educated on internet.but soon it will be
Activity: 639
Merit: 251
November 14, 2017, 01:00:34 PM
I think it's just speculation, if swedish really do it they have to prepare technology that can accommodate all the transactions they do, and to control it all is not easy.
It wouldnt be as fast as they say cause whole population must have internet access and possibilities to store their internet money.
Activity: 98
November 14, 2017, 12:54:52 PM

Base on my reseach ,and my own idea .. I think Sweden is the one of the richest countries in the world and their citizens are already using mostly electronic transactions, this is in contrast to Japan that despite being one of the most advanced countries of the world most of its transactions are still on cash, so it is a matter not only of wealth but of culture, to be honest I think it is a terrible idea to eliminate cash, if electricity goes off in a significant part of the country for some days their citizens are going to go hungry without cash...
Activity: 625
Merit: 501
November 14, 2017, 12:44:14 PM

I don't think so, cash will never be vanish since most of the people are still prefer to use it as mode of payment because it is convinient to use in everyday life. Besides, most of the store are still prefer to use bitcoin upon their transaction. There's a possibility that that there will be an another mode of payment however, cash will never perish.
Honestly, I like using cash for my bills in my country than use Bitcoin for my bills. Because Bitcoin needs me spend much money to pay the transaction fees while I only need to paying a little amount of money example electric, internet bill or foods bill ...
Activity: 392
November 14, 2017, 04:41:09 AM

It is sad to say but yes cash, paper money, fiat is going to be extinct. We cannot stop the future and we cannot stop the technology from growing and expanding that comes to the point that even the currencies are going to be digitally access. Because that will be mich convenient than bringin a lot of cash on our pocket or bringin an atm if we can always have our money with our mobile devices and a lotnof people will like to transact to anybody in thia world by not going to that particular place.
Activity: 350
November 14, 2017, 04:18:26 AM
The statement is just a speculation, Cash are very important in so many aspects of society, This is the basic tool to make people continues to live and grow. Human race already adapted the use of paper money and they find very effective in terms of trading goods and livestock where ever place you are located. But when it comes to cashless society, i know most of us, could find hard to avail because we  have limited access in internet . Some people dont know how to operate computers... these are the factors which hinders extinction of cash..
Pages:
Jump to: