Pages:
Author

Topic: Dogecoin - History repeating itself - page 2. (Read 537 times)

Activity: 1274
Merit: 175
Catalog Websites
November 01, 2022, 01:30:28 PM
I will advise holders of Doge coin to keep holding. History can actually repeat it self and moreover, you have your coin in the wallet. Doge coin will rather go up due to speculations and a likely hype if Elon eventually tweets about Doge coin. Now that Elon is in charge of twitter, it is possible he can deploy Doge coin to have some use case, just taking a guess.
Yes, that is why am still holding my Dogcoin because I know that the price of Dogcoin will surely increase higher soon in the crypto market, since potential investors in the community has also invested a huge amount of money in Dogcoin. I guess, Elon musk can influence the price of Dogcoin to pump higher in the market so that those that invested a huge amount of money to start earning from their investments, and to attract more investors to make Dogcoin their first choice in this bear season.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1884
Verified Bitcoin Hodler
November 01, 2022, 01:04:01 PM
Yep, just a memecoin that happens to be 10x faster and 100x cheaper to send than bitcoin.

Yeah, totally. There are absolutely no other coins or tokens which are faster and cheaper than Bitcoin AND have actual use cases with are meant to actually do something to raise their value, not just speculatively but substantially... Totally not.

I am sure the community feeling is all you need. Thats never going to disappear, right? No massive panic sells once Elon says "Nevermind, screw doge, I decided to make my own cryptocurrency" or something, right?

Dogecoin is the ultimate copecoin.  Kiss
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1145
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
November 01, 2022, 12:59:22 PM
Well yes, Doge have been here for a long time and still supported by the community. Elon is the one who make the price jump and I am speculating that even if Elon Musk take out his support to Doge, Doge will just suffer for a temporary price dump and will continue to exist because of the OG in the community. Certainly, Doge will take a toll by having it's CMC spot low given that Elon Must believers sold their Doge but I think that Doge will still exist on atleast top 50 of CMC. Remember that Doge is a meme coin but even if it is a meme coin, Doge is on top of the game.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 366
November 01, 2022, 11:46:48 AM
as long as you can make profit out of your investment, i think meme coins are a total waste. I will never suggest someone to invest in meme coin.
And when it comes to Elon Musk, he's not going to keep backing up DOGE for forever. And it does not compare to other reputable crypto such as ETH or BTC. Meme coins to me is just Meme as its name suggest.

But with these trend and other rumors, if it pumps or dumps, then book your profits and get out of the market. Meme coins are not ideal for long term investments.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1655
To the Moon
November 01, 2022, 11:27:01 AM
...when on Tesla report bitcoin rose at first to 20 and then to 60 thousand and after some time Tesla quietly sold Bitcoin for 40-60 thousands, when everybody was buying.

No, Tesla has received losses from investing in bitcoin, some of which have already been recorded. In February 2021, Tesla bought BTC - https://www.sec.gov/ix?doc=/Archives/edgar/data/1318605/000156459021004599/tsla-10k_20201231.htm in the amount of $ 1.5 billion, with an average cost of $31250. According to Tesla report for the 2nd quarter of 2022 - https://tesla-cdn.thron.com/static/EIUQEC_2022_Q2_Quarterly_Update_Deck_J8VLIK.pdf?xseo=&response-content-disposition=inline%3Bfilename%3D%22tsla-q2-22-update.pdf%22, 75% of BTC were sold for $936 million, i.e. it turns out that the average cost of selling one bitcoin was approximately $29 thousand.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1457
November 01, 2022, 09:41:21 AM
That’s mainly because people are not aware of the fact that Elon already bashed dogecoin and doesn't like it anymore. They have seen him praise it, but they have not seen that he dislikes it now. That lack of information is the reason why they do not really have a problem with it anymore...

Elon Musk has never lost interest in dogecoin before, and now that he has bought Twitter, he has a real chance to make his early dreams come true. And his post today can be a confirmation of this: https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1587297730631696384 Therefore, it is not surprising that the price of Doge increases on such news.

To be honest this is a very strange behavior. Still it is not very clear whether he really wants to implement Doge in Twitter for payment or it is just a PR and it will turn out as with Bitcoin, when on Tesla report bitcoin rose at first to 20 and then to 60 thousand and after some time Tesla quietly sold Bitcoin for 40-60 thousands, when everybody was buying.
legendary
Activity: 2268
To the Moon
November 01, 2022, 06:35:48 AM
That’s mainly because people are not aware of the fact that Elon already bashed dogecoin and doesn't like it anymore. They have seen him praise it, but they have not seen that he dislikes it now. That lack of information is the reason why they do not really have a problem with it anymore...

Elon Musk has never lost interest in dogecoin before, and now that he has bought Twitter, he has a real chance to make his early dreams come true. And his post today can be a confirmation of this: https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1587297730631696384 Therefore, it is not surprising that the price of Doge increases on such news.

Activity: 2282
Merit: 439
Cashback 15%
November 01, 2022, 06:09:33 AM
I will advise holders of Doge coin to keep holding. History can actually repeat it self and moreover, you have your coin in the wallet. Doge coin will rather go up due to speculations and a likely hype if Elon eventually tweets about Doge coin. Now that Elon is in charge of twitter, it is possible he can deploy Doge coin to have some use case, just taking a guess.
Doge is already well pumped just on the news that Elon bought Twitter. I don't think it's time to fly to the moon yet and the manipulators have made a successful price manipulation. Now it seems logical to me that the price would fall back. Because there are still no signs of a reversal in the cryptocurrency market.
In addition there is another encouraging news after Elon has completed the payment for Twitter and another news that Elon has launched his new perfume by accepting payments with Dogecoin and Doge will be linked to Twitter.  This news is still a rumor, I have not found the source of the accuracy. he has always been a staunch supporter of Dogecoin and his popularity has had a huge impact
I guess your expectations will turn out to be reality. I think Elon Musk will integrate dogecoin-related features into Twitter. There are indeed many rumours about it and the doge continues to rise today, adding another 30% to its value. Hopefully this is a good sign for all altcoins.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 1128
November 01, 2022, 05:25:23 AM
That's the cycle in crypto even though it's clear that doge was slammed very hard by Elon Musk but still there are still many people who believe in Elon Musk like a god. As indeed most people find it difficult to learn from their past mistakes.
That’s mainly because people are not aware of the fact that Elon already bashed dogecoin and doesn't like it anymore. They have seen him praise it, but they have not seen that he dislikes it now. That lack of information is the reason why they do not really have a problem with it anymore.

I personally believe that Elon will not do anything with doge, and it will go down, especially during next bull run when everything goes up, doge will not have the help of Elo not go up and it will go down in price. I remember it very well when it was under 3 cents and nobody cared about it, and now we can see that it is so high, and was even higher, just because of one person, which was weird, but I believe that period is over now.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114
November 01, 2022, 02:36:53 AM
Yep, just a memecoin that happens to be 10x faster and 100x cheaper to send than bitcoin.

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1884
Verified Bitcoin Hodler
October 31, 2022, 11:48:19 PM
I see a lot of people spitting on SHIB while praising DOGE with the argument that DOGE has been around since 2013, has built a big and active community, blah blah blah.

You guys realise that that is not a good argument for Dogecoin, right? Its been around so long and yet Shiba Inu already has amassed around 40% of Dogecoins marketcap - despite existing (in a practical sense) since only 2021. If anything, that just confirms Dogecoin being a failure of a cryptocurrency which is only being pumped due to famous personalities who manipulate it to enrich themselves in short-term fashion, like Elon Musk.

Sure, there are other famous personalities which cheer Dogecoin on but who cares about what celebrities like Snoop Dog think when it comes to investment decisions?

Do yourselves a favor and don't fall for the memecoins.
Activity: 2282
Merit: 439
Cashback 15%
October 31, 2022, 02:04:41 PM
Doge is already well pumped just on the news that Elon bought Twitter. I don't think it's time to fly to the moon yet and the manipulators have made a successful price manipulation. Now it seems logical to me that the price would fall back. Because there are still no signs of a reversal in the cryptocurrency market.
Activity: 882
Merit: 730
October 31, 2022, 02:02:21 PM
Many people around me have made very good profits from Doge. Now I'm not going to insult the Doge here. Nobody is forcing us to buy this cryptocurrency. Everyone acts of their own free will. They should know how to make enough money and sell when Elon pumps. I think Elon has helped a lot of awareness about the crypto market. I can't say anything about positive or negative. He advertised crypto very well. Thanks to Twitter, I think these pumps will continue. We must not be greedy and know how to get a certain amount of profit and leave. Elon today, someone else tomorrow. There will always be pumps. Therefore, our goal should be to know how to make the right investment. My personal opinion is not to invest in such cryptocurrencies. But as I said, there were those around me who made very good profits thanks to these coins.
Activity: 1288
Merit: 7
October 31, 2022, 01:39:44 PM
Activity: 1722
Merit: 269
October 31, 2022, 11:51:53 AM
I have been seeing Dogecoiners absolutely giddy about Elon Musk and over whether he will integrate Dogecoin into some Twitter-profit-scheme. This has led to a superficial pump in speculative nature. Why do people believe that Elon is not going to simply drop Dogecoin in the future?
Lets take a look at a similiar memecoin and its history:
Shiba Inu.

It's really is kind of a repeating story what is going on with Dogecoin. When the first tweet of Elon Musk about Dogecoin happened back like 2 years ago it came pretty much out of nowhere for everyone and it caused a massive price pump of Dogecoin, but not only that. Musk and his tweets basically kicked off that crazy shit-coin hype wave that happened back then with literally hundreds of new shit-coins being released each and every day. Of course almost all of them are completely dead already again, only Shiba Inu is kind of still relevant but of course the longterm trend for Shiba Inu is also downwards and i would never invest into it. Same with Dogecoin.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1018
Not your keys, not your coins!
October 31, 2022, 03:36:20 AM
I am surprised that a lot of people talk about Ilon Musk in a good context because he is manipulating doge-shitcoin and the cryptocurrency market like he did in 2021. But many people make fun of bitcoin-maximalist Michael Saylor. Elon is acting solely in his own interests and now doge is being pumped solely on news of Elon's purchase of Twitter. I think this is wrong and not good for the crypto community.
Please read my post carefully. I wrote Dogecoin in previous years usually have its bull runs in late months of years. Years ago, there was no engagement or manipulation from Elon Musk  I used this example to convince people that even without Elon Musk, Dogecoin will still be able to pump in Q4s.

Maybe Elon will shill Dogecoin again. Maybe he won't do this. But Dogecoin will survive and have its bull runs as its habit.

However we can exclude chances to see morr technical things for Dogecoin from Elon Musk, Tesla and Twitter. Elon has enough resources to add Dogecoin to his companies. The highest option is adding Dogecoin as one of his companies' payment methods.
Activity: 840
Merit: 4
October 31, 2022, 03:30:11 AM
I think you're a bit harsh on Dogecoin and Shiba Inu. Yes they did dump. Yes, their billionaire targets may not like them. But you are forgetting something: We are in an unforgiving bear market which is unrelenting. Even legit coins/tokens with huge utility are biting the dusts. If this was in bull market, the story would be different
Get some perspective
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114
October 31, 2022, 01:53:55 AM
he will integrate Dogecoin into some Twitter-profit-scheme.

If by this you mean integrating a Dogecoin wallet, tipping mechanism, and accepting DOGE as a payment method for premium services, then I think its highly likely.

This has led to a superficial pump in speculative nature.

As opposed to every other pump of any coin, ever?

Why do people believe that Elon is not going to simply drop Dogecoin in the future?

He has a big bag, accepts it for payment of Tesla merch and recharging stations in a few areas, and has stated multiple times he plans to continue supporting Dogecoin in the future. He is just not the type of guy who will let his investments fail, nor would I want to bet against him.

Lets take a look at a similiar memecoin and its history:

Shiba Inu.

Not at all similar. One is a ETH token specifically designed to leech off the success and community of the other. DOGE has had its own blockchain & a strong community since 2013.

Now we have history repeating itself. Except this time with Dogecoin and Elon Musk as its only pillar of support.

Not true. DOGE has several bigtime vocal supporters, including Mark Cuban, Snoop Dogg, and of course Vitalik who has donated millions of dollars to the Dogecoin Foundation.

Do people really believe DOGE can survive without Elon Musk backing it?

Survive? Yes. Thrive at its current level? No.

Seems like the negative reaction over this issue from maxis just stems from them being their usual sour grape selves, jealous of the success of anything crypto-related that isn't Bitcoin, seemingly unable to experience happiness unless the price of BTC is pushing all-time highs. A cursed albeit self-imposed mindset.
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
October 30, 2022, 03:48:24 PM
We all know that any market undergoes a cycle, like Bitcoin undergoing a 4-year cycle so it is not news that Dogecoin will go another cycle of pump and dump.  It was Wolong first that make a huge pump and dump scandal to Dogecoin[1][2].  Then comes Elon Musk.  So the cycle of Dogecoin pump and dump repeats itself, it is that it has no fixed timeframe and time cycle and dependent on the person who wanted to pump and dump the market.

[1] https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@joseph/wolong-the-game-of-deception-unedited-version
[2] https://cryptomode.com/curious-crypto-characters-wolong-the-dogecoin-manipulator/

legendary
Activity: 2576
October 30, 2022, 02:52:09 PM
I think Doge has established a blue print on how a meme coin could be big in the future.

And now that Shiba developer is just following it, and if Elon Musk join the picture then it's a win win for them and for Elon. However, for those who knows what's going on like the majority of us and the OP himself, for sure we will not take that bait and invest our money on such meme coin.

Elon has been full of s**t and clearly he is here to manipulate the prices in his favor, or for his pet crypto project to benefit his company.
Pages:
Jump to: